Author Topic: Working on an Elan...  (Read 6485 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Working on an Elan...
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »
So? The stated goal wasn't infinite actions.

I thought that was assumed if you are doing the recharge.
Even then, that's hardly the mainstay of the build. The point of the build is to be a psionic gish. If I know Kell at all, he just added that as an afterthought because he might as well.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2010, 05:40:35 PM »
The springboard for it was a skeleton left over from working on the Chrono-Legionaire, and the rest was my current obsession with the Monarchs of Smack.

I prefered the President of Smack myself. I was going to link to it....but the Wizard archives have failed.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 01:38:57 PM »
I have yet to see the President, myself.  And yes, mantle swapping is borderline TO, but so be it.  I only used Ardent because the numbers fit.  The fact that he also happened to get infinite action trickery was indeed an afterthought, or more of a realization once I saw I could take Dominant Ideal.  And for the record, over half the DM's I know of won't allow net material, even if it is 100% official, because they are lazy assholes and refuse to look things up, so technically ANY worthwhile Ardent is TO ;)

Carnivore, will definitely have to see what I can do with that setup using PsyWar.  I'm seeing an AoO Lockdown build with an absolute terrifying number of claw attacks per round and trip/knockdown/knockback potential.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 02:19:30 PM »
try combining it with this for more fun:

Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip
Tiger Claw (Boost)
Level: Swordsage 8, warblade 8
Prerequisite: Three Tiger Claw maneuvers
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: Melee attack
Target: One or more creatures
Duration: End of turn
Windmilling your arms in a furious blur, you strike your perplexed enemy from two directions at once, rending his flesh with each strike.
Each of your attacks is precisely timed to maximize the carnage it inflicts. You must be wielding two or more weapons to initiate this maneuver. As you hack into your opponent, you use your weapons together to murderous effect. With a cruel twist of your blade, you widen the wounds you cause with each successive strike.
You must initiate this maneuver before making any attacks in the current round. If you strike an opponent multiple times during your turn, you also deal rend damage. This damage is based on the number of times you strike your opponent during your turn (see the table below). Determine the rend damage dealt immediately after you make your last attack for your turn. If you attack multiple opponents during your turn, you gain this extra damage against each of them. A creature takes rend damage based on the number of attacks that hit it, not the number of successful attacks you make. For example, if you hit a fire giant three times and an evil cleric twice during your turn, the fire giant takes rend damage for three attacks and the cleric takes rend damage for two attacks.

Successful Attacks/Rend Damage
2/8d6
3/10d6
4/12d6
5/14d6
6/16d6
7/18d6
8+/20d6

:D