Author Topic: E-tools 3.5  (Read 1608 times)

fauntix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • In search for the legendary "I win button" ~Lilium
    • Email
E-tools 3.5
« on: July 07, 2010, 01:05:04 PM »
I am using this program to build characters and I notice something I don't understand. While building my artificer in the eberron mode, all my PHB 3.5 crafts have a misc. mod. of -2 to the craft skill.... why is that? Is it an error? I can't understand why an Artificer of all class would have negs for crafting.
Current PCs:
Level 2 Artificer
Level 11 Rogue

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: E-tools 3.5
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 01:08:59 PM »
I've never used that tool, but does it do that for every character with Craft skills you make? By default, you take a -2 to Craft skills (and some others) if you don't have the proper tools, so if you haven't done your equipment yet, that may be why.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

fauntix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • In search for the legendary "I win button" ~Lilium
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 01:13:40 PM »
ok... i never built a character that needed crafting skills.... so i have to buy the crafting kit to take it away?
Current PCs:
Level 2 Artificer
Level 11 Rogue

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »
ok... i never built a character that needed crafting skills.... so i have to buy the crafting kit to take it away?
Preferably, you want masterwork tools. Those not only take the penalty away, they give you a +2 bonus. Though again, this is the first time I've heard of this software (I tend to prefer the old-fashioned way :p), so I may be horribly and hilariously wrong.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation