Author Topic: Homebrewers? Beer Geeks?  (Read 7923 times)

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
Re: Homebrewers? Beer Geeks?
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 12:38:31 PM »
Any of you guys a fan of flying dog?

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »
I came from a very redneck background, where Budweiser was truly considered the 'king of beers'.
Fail.

Handy Links

Johannixx

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 12:03:58 AM »
I came from a very redneck background, where Budweiser was truly considered the 'king of beers'.
Fail.

I completely agree.  I can't stand the smell of the stuff anymore, and it's worth the good-natured ribbing I get when I go home if it means I can drink real decent beer.

Great Lakes Brewing Company's "Edmund Fitzgerald Porter" is another one that comes to mind.  Very tasty.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 05:17:58 PM »
To give Americans some credit, I must say I have nothing against the ginger beers I've tasted. Maybe not exactly my stuff in large quantities, but I enjoy jugging one or two of those every now and then. Good thing the shops and pubs nearby tend to have decent selections.

Handy Links

Luke

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Let's Put a Smile on That Face!
    • The Podge Cast
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
I love beer.  My favorite beers are all from my time in Australia.  American beer has nothing on the grandeur I sipped there.  Crown Lager and Victoria Bitters are just fantastic.

While I'll eventually get into beer brewing, I started making wine back in May.  I bottled my first batch of dry red concord (Discordia Red) a week before Gen Con and took a handful of bottles with me to share.   While it won't be completely mature until November, I still enjoyed it.  The first taste kind of kicks you in the mouth but that quickly goes away.  As it matures, it should mellow and become a lot more smooth.

I'm currently got 5 gallons of Apfelwein in the primary fermenter.  I cannot wait to drink that stuff!
Co-Host of The Podge Cast.

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2008, 01:44:05 AM »
I partook in some of that.  It wasn't bad, I'm pretty sure it will be even better once it's matured.  I had 2 glasses and I'm not a wine drinker...
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls