Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Singing Tesla Coil Edition  (Read 115425 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Singing Tesla Coil Edition
« Reply #860 on: July 28, 2010, 09:41:16 PM »
But carrying things is an opposed check versus gravity.
Figuratively? Stop killing catgirls. Literally, no otherwise everytime you move you'd have to roll without a 'take ten' ability

btw carn nice quadruple post  ;)
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Tenebrous Apostate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #861 on: July 28, 2010, 10:14:05 PM »
Q242 (I think) I don't quite get the math of the XP\GP expediture so let me ask: If I want to pay a wizard to spell-stich my undead and It has a Wisdome of 19 how much RAW will he charge, RAW?
Dead mortals feel no Dread

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #862 on: July 29, 2010, 12:14:49 AM »
241: Is there any way to gain Wild Shape without 1) 5 levels in Druid, 2) 5 levels in Ranger with Wild Shape variant, or 3) Divine Minion Template?

Thanks a bunch ya'll.
Dipping a level of Shapeshifter (Oriental Adventures). That's pretty much it.
Taking one level of Abolisher from Lords of Madness gets you Medium Wildshape (but only 1 HD).

Q243 I don't quite get the math of the XP\GP expediture so let me ask: If I want to pay a wizard to spell-stich my undead and It has a Wisdome of 19 how much RAW will he charge, RAW?
Fixed your number.

Q 244:  For the purposes of a gestalt game, I'm curious what base classes there are that have "disproportionate" HD, BAB, and Skill points.  For example, the Warrior Skald from Races of Faerun has Full BAB, 4 skill points per level, but only a d6 hit die.  Its hit die is "disproportionate" to its Full BAB.  What base classes would be a good pairing with it, to help it overcome its relatively weak HD.

Also curious for the opposite: Base classes that have Full BAB, but weak HD, but more skills, etc.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:24:44 AM by ksbsnowowl »
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #863 on: July 29, 2010, 12:17:26 AM »
241: Is there any way to gain Wild Shape without 1) 5 levels in Druid, 2) 5 levels in Ranger with Wild Shape variant, or 3) Divine Minion Template?

Thanks a bunch ya'll.
Be a Planetouched(Worghest).
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #864 on: July 29, 2010, 12:24:07 AM »
What is that from?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #865 on: July 29, 2010, 12:30:34 AM »
Q 244:  For the purposes of a gestalt game, I'm curious what base classes there are that have "disproportionate" HD, BAB, and Skill points.  For example, the Warrior Skald from Races of Faerun has Full BAB, 4 skill points per level, but only a d6 hit die.  Its hit die is "disproportionate" to its Full BAB.  What base classes would be a good pairing with it, to help it overcome its relatively weak HD.

Dragon Shaman comes with a d10, 3/4 BAB, Strong Fort/Will, 2 skill points per level, and really likes having high Cha once it learns to cure conditions at level 11.  The constant auras might go nicely with bardic music, also.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #866 on: July 29, 2010, 12:42:10 AM »
I was just reviewing the Dragon Shaman Touch of Vitality ability, saw that it can cure Dazed on the cheap, and realized that other than it and Quick Recovery, I don't remember anything that can remove that.

Q245: What can cure Dazed status?

Archao

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #867 on: July 29, 2010, 01:20:10 AM »
Q 246 I need help finding a feat. The idea is that if you are in a situation where, say, the rogue has lost his tools, you check your pockets for a set of tools you just so happened to buy from the last town and forgot about. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #868 on: July 29, 2010, 01:28:39 AM »

Dragon Shaman comes with a d10, 3/4 BAB, Strong Fort/Will, 2 skill points per level, and really likes having high Cha once it learns to cure conditions at level 11.  The constant auras might go nicely with bardic music, also.

Huh, really?  I thought DShaman was 1/2 BAB.  man my memory must be going.

Q 267: does anyone know of any clarification or anything of ME: Reikhardt's ability to give +1 level of Ex ability to boost allies?
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #869 on: July 29, 2010, 01:38:24 AM »
Q 268 Being ECL 20 and having 20 HD don't mean the same thing against a creature with blasphemy at CL 20, does it? If the answer is no, does that mean if you have only six HD, but 14 LAs, that you'll die because you're "HD up to caster level -10"?

Q 269 What happens to epic creatures saves when they hit 20 HD? Say like an outsider. I know the BAB and skills remain the same as previous (ie Fighter BAB +1 each level), but I don't really see anything on their Fort, Ref, and Will.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #870 on: July 29, 2010, 01:44:13 AM »
Q 246 I need help finding a feat. The idea is that if you are in a situation where, say, the rogue has lost his tools, you check your pockets for a set of tools you just so happened to buy from the last town and forgot about. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
A246
The only thing I can think of/find is a feat from the AEG Feats book.  The name of the feat is "Careful Planner"; prereq = WIS 13+.  can be used once/session/Wis bonus.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #871 on: July 29, 2010, 01:45:08 AM »
Huh, really?  I thought DShaman was 1/2 BAB.  man my memory must be going.

You're probably thinking of Dragonfire Adept.  Dragon Shaman is a tough bard with no skills that sings constantly.  Dragonfire Adept is a warlock that uses breath weapons instead of eldritch blast.

EDIT: These are both massive oversimplifications for brevity's sake.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 01:50:56 AM by weenog »

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #872 on: July 29, 2010, 01:46:46 AM »
Q 269 What happens to epic creatures saves when they hit 20 HD? Say like an outsider. I know the BAB and skills remain the same as previous (ie Fighter BAB +1 each level), but I don't really see anything on their Fort, Ref, and Will.

If you're assuming that base progressions remain the same instead of switching to epic progressions (I don't know if this is true or not, and I'm a little too sleepy to bother checking), just follow the formulas, base saves do use them.

Strong Save = (level/2)+2, round down.
Weak Save = level/3, round down.

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #873 on: July 29, 2010, 01:59:30 AM »
Q 268 Being ECL 20 and having 20 HD don't mean the same thing against a creature with blasphemy at CL 20, does it? If the answer is no, does that mean if you have only six HD, but 14 LAs, that you'll die because you're "HD up to caster level -10"?
A 268:
The spell Blasphemy references HD. ECL has nothing to do with it (unfortunately).

So a creature with only 6 HD and +14 LA going up against Blasphemy cast with caster level 20 in the "Up to caster level -10" category and thus totally screwed. The LA or ECL doesn't factor into the situation. Only the HD.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #874 on: July 29, 2010, 02:00:57 AM »
A 268:
The spell Blasphemy references HD. ECL has nothing to do with it (unfortunately).

So a creature with only 6 HD and +14 LA going up against Blasphemy cast with caster level 20 in the "Up to caster level -10" category and thus totally screwed. The LA or ECL doesn't factor into the situation. Only the HD.

Craaaaaaaap. I was really hoping that wouldn't be the answer.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #875 on: July 29, 2010, 02:08:30 AM »
What is that from?
It's a planetouched race.  They can turn into wolves, which explicitly qualifies as wildshape for prereqs. Link to my planetouched handbook in sig.
Planetouched Handbook

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #876 on: July 29, 2010, 03:00:21 AM »
What would the best combination of race and templates for 5 free LA be for and artificer/erudite gestalt. I was thinking of using a lesser worgest as my race, but I am open to suggestions, thanks
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #877 on: July 29, 2010, 03:42:53 AM »
What would the best combination of race and templates for 5 free LA be for and artificer/erudite gestalt. I was thinking of using a lesser worgest as my race, but I am open to suggestions, thanks
That's the straightest line I've heard in months. 

Peanut gallery, could you please chime in?
Planetouched Handbook

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #878 on: July 29, 2010, 04:15:37 AM »

If you're assuming that base progressions remain the same instead of switching to epic progressions (I don't know if this is true or not, and I'm a little too sleepy to bother checking), just follow the formulas, base saves do use them.

Strong Save = (level/2)+2, round down.
Weak Save = level/3, round down.
Q 269 Okay, so same creature. It's now got 22 HD for it's creature level. What happens now if I add levels of Fighter and Rogue to it? Does it still progress as if the creature was actually level 1 and cross-classing? What if the creature, if you add a spellcasting class, increases the caster level and the spell progression? Like the ethergaunt which counts as a 13th level wizard, and giving it 2 levels makes it progress to a 15 level wizard with all the spells. What happens when you're an ethergaunt/wizard 7 and want to take an 8th level? What do you do then?

As well...
Q 270 Where's the Spear Master feat? All the information I've got is "Dragon 30 p89".
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:27:22 AM by kevin_video »

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #879 on: July 29, 2010, 10:06:22 AM »
Q 246: I need help finding a feat. The idea is that if you are in a situation where, say, the rogue has lost his tools, you check your pockets for a set of tools you just so happened to buy from the last town and forgot about. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
A 246: The only thing I can think of/find is a feat from the AEG Feats book.  The name of the feat is "Careful Planner"; prereq = WIS 13+.  can be used once/session/Wis bonus.

The pathfinder chronicler gets a class ability called deep pockets that does this.