Author Topic: Looking for interest [ d20 future ]  (Read 30284 times)

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
Looking for interest [ d20 future ]
« on: July 04, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »
Ok I have not played this type of campaign for a while but I do enjoy playing d20 future  and I was wonder if any on is interested in playing a campaign I know I am not the best DM and if any one wants to DM one I will be quite willing to let u do it.
But for now I am just looking to see if anyone is interested
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:39:05 PM by Stormcrow »

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: Looking for interest [ d20 modern / future ]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »
I might be, never played future before, and I've always wondered how it would go...Any mechanical changes involved, or would it just say that all our stuff is now a futuristic version (like a lightsaber or chainaxe) and monsters might be a result of gene manipulation or something? On that note, whats the difference between D&D and D20? I've seen them refered to as if they're different games, but I'm not sure if thats right.

If the fact that I've never played future gave no hints, I can't volunteer myself to DM this (I can run things just fine barring players trying to derail things, I just suck at setting it all up.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:18:02 AM by endgamecutter »
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 01:34:28 AM »
I think I should also make a note that if i do DM it is a 3-6 players allowed (do to this can quickly get over my head )

Also teck level = 7

Race Human only for now

You are a member of the UEMC, = United Earth Marines Core

Aboard the Strike Cruiser the Defiant  ( colossal Medium weight)  she is currently do to both being peace time and Earth politics at the time. She is not at full component of Crew , Currently the only type of actions that a possible crew man could have is vs. pirates (sponsored by colonels ) or gangs of raiders. So in short I am not going to say much about what I will through at you.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 03:06:19 AM by Stormcrow »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
I might be, never played future before, and I've always wondered how it would go...Any mechanical changes involved, or would it just say that all our stuff is now a futuristic version (like a lightsaber or chainaxe) and monsters might be a result of gene manipulation or something? On that note, whats the difference between D&D and D20? I've seen them refered to as if they're different games, but I'm not sure if thats right.

If the fact that I've never played future gave no hints, I can't volunteer myself to DM this (I can run things just fine barring players trying to derail things, I just suck at setting it all up.)

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20modern

That is the d20 modern site, d20 future is a rulebook in that setting.  It is a completely different game from D&D.

Expressing possible interest.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:27:55 PM »
I like the D20 modern rules. They're generally a lot more balanced than D&D (and a lot harder to break due to such a generally limited spread of player options, though that by no means makes it less fun).

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 09:31:48 PM »
[That is the d20 modern site, d20 future is a rulebook in that setting.  It is a completely different game from D&D.
Then I might have to withdraw my interest. I got a truckload of pdfs on my usb but never got a chance to look through it all. Maybe I have d20 stuff in there...
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Looking for interest [ d20 future ]
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »
If I play, I'm going to be a character based around cybernetics if that's alright.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 11:09:46 PM »
[That is the d20 modern site, d20 future is a rulebook in that setting.  It is a completely different game from D&D.
Then I might have to withdraw my interest. I got a truckload of pdfs on my usb but never got a chance to look through it all. Maybe I have d20 stuff in there...
:wall :facepalm :sh  :whistle
Expressing interest. I haven't played D20 future yet, but it is modeled similar to D&D and I know the basic rules for D20 future.
I have know idea what I want to play as yet,  but It shouldn't be two hard to find inspiration.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 11:24:33 PM »
Looks like i will get the Min for a campain so i should post the character creation Rules

as for cybernetics  ok with me just don't go beyond teck level = 7

Books allowed any = please state your scorces

ok character creation Rules = 32 point buy

Character level 3

you pick your own items as normal but as these items are considered standered so i am giveing them out to you for free

Aluminum Travel Case(75Lbs) ,  Range Pack (over size) , Binoculars range (finding), climbing gear, Clothing (Uniforms work , Dress and Casual)  Holster Hip Knife Mutiepurpse tool Sleeping Bag locks 2(one for travel case the other for your locker ) Back pack , tent.  Light Combat Armour , Laser Pistol and Laser Rifle,

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 11:39:24 PM »
Note I will try to get more Info about the ship when i can ( and yes it will have some mechs on it)

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 12:00:02 AM »
Race Human only for now

You are a member of the UEMC, = United Earth Marines Core

Aboard the Strike Cruiser the Defiant  ( colossal Medium weight)  she is currently do to both being peace time and Earth politics at the time. She is not at full component of Crew , Currently the only type of actions that a possible crew man could have is vs. pirates (sponsored by colonels ) or gangs of raiders. So in short I am not going to say much about what I will through at you.
Would it be possible to convince you to let me play as a Human Biodroid?
If not I'm considering playing the guy who is only on the team because he's filthy rich.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:51:45 AM by jojolagger »
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 01:40:14 AM »
If not I'm considering playing the guy who is only on the team because he's filthy rich.
That'd be a Charismatic Hero, most likely. Someone who's all personality, no substance. :P
Seriously though, most "Rich" or "Famous" characters start as charismatic heroes.

Stormcrow, would you consider Mutations? The rules are included in d20 Future and expanded upon in d20 Apocalypse. Basically, I'd work my way into the "Evolutionary" Advanced Class (from d20 Apocalypse, right at the end of the book), which is what would give me access to mutations in the first place assuming I couldn't gain any prior to taking the class. The idea is that I'd be one of the UEMC's test candidates for their "Advanced Evolutionary Genetics for Improving Soldiers" Program, or A.E.G.I.S. (if it helps, think of the game Halo, which pretty much exemplifies the Space Marine genre these days)
I'd probably start as a tough or strong hero, with a level or two of fast hero maybe, which would explain the preliminary effects of the program. Then after a few levels, the real stuff would be kicking in, thus the advanced class.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 01:55:49 AM »
That'd be a Charismatic Hero, most likely. Someone who's all personality, no substance. :P
Seriously though, most "Rich" or "Famous" characters start as charismatic heroes.
That's what I was planning. I'm also strongly considering have INT as a dump stat and have him be hideously stupid.
Sadly I can't get truly insane wealth unless I can get PL 8.

"Advanced Evolutionary Genetics for Improving Soldiers" Program, or A.E.G.I.S.
Should I go the Dumb rich guy route, "Daddy payed for that."

If I take this route, Questions.
1. Does the fact we are in United Earth Marines Core (a military organization) make it easier to get military restriction objects?
2. Will you allow the tech level 1 higher for +5 purchase DC thing? (Future page 5)
3. Would you allow us to use average rolls (rounding down) instead of rolling wealth?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:32:58 AM by jojolagger »
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 12:41:59 PM »
As to the questions

Q: Would it be possible to convince you to let me play as a Human Biodroid?
A: Yes,

Q: would you consider Mutations?
Yes,

Q; Does the fact we are in United Earth Marines Core (a military organization) make it easier to get military restriction objects?
Military restricted all levels you get them I will give those to the group off the bat with no fees, so fell free to get what you want after when the campaign starts you will have to go through the quarter master, or find the ships scrounger with requisitioning equipment, 

Q; Will you allow the tech level 1 higher for +5 purchase DC thing?
Good eye I for got that rule so yes

Q; Would you allow us to use average rolls (rounding down) instead of rolling wealth?
If you want to

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 12:47:25 PM »
I'm considering this. So put me down as a maybe right now. It isn't like i'm not in enough games as it is though.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 01:43:25 PM »
Q: Would it be possible to convince you to let me play as a Human Biodroid?
A: Yes,
I've become attached to my rich moron idea, but this is will be my backup.

Q; Does the fact we are in United Earth Marines Core (a military organization) make it easier to get military restriction objects?
Military restricted all levels you get them I will give those to the group off the bat with no fees, so fell free to get what you want after when the campaign starts you will have to go through the quarter master, or find the ships scrounger with requisitioning equipment, 
Is that yes, we don't have to pay?

Q; Will you allow the tech level 1 higher for +5 purchase DC thing?
Good eye I for got that rule so yes
:love Now the rich moron gets richer.

Q; Would you allow us to use average rolls (rounding down) instead of rolling wealth?
If you want to
Yay.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 01:58:25 PM »
Ok i think i'm in now. Since no one else was i'll be a mech driver. Should i go large or Huge for my mech Stormcrow? How customizable will it be as well? I assume it is military paid otherwise i know i'll never be able to afford it. Let me know what i need to about the mechs, i'll keep everything limited to the d20 future book and regular d20 modern.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »
Ok i think i'm in now. Since no one else was i'll be a mech driver. Should i go large or Huge for my mech Stormcrow? How customizable will it be as well? I assume it is military paid otherwise i know i'll never be able to afford it. Let me know what i need to about the mechs, i'll keep everything limited to the d20 future book and regular d20 modern.
I buy it for you. Rich moron away!
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
I buy it for you. Rich moron away!
Maybe i should play a female  so i can bat my eyes at you to get it.  :flutter  :lmao

Also Stormcrow. I hate to be a bother but are you really set on lvl 3? I would like to take the Mecha Jocky Adv. Class but all Adv. classes require at least 3 levels before they can be entered. If you want to stay at level 3 is there any way i can take the Mecha weapon prof feat with one of my normal feats and when i get it from the Adv. Class swap it out? I just don't want a substantial penalty to start with or a waisted feat either.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:16:04 PM by archangel.arcanis »

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 02:15:25 PM »
Is that yes, we don't have to pay?
Think of it this way , scrounger you will have to pay the quarter master you can try your luck with requisitioning equipment. Also you can try bribing the quarter master.

As for the mechs you send me the destine and we will talk about it. For many pilots after a while do modify (either do it them self’s or talk a mechanic to do it for them either way the parts are coming out of your money) there mechs as for size I recommend going large or under 16ft  so you can fit any were on the ship.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:24:02 PM by Stormcrow »