Author Topic: Anyone interested in some Pirates? [3.5]  (Read 33459 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Anyone interested in some Pirates? [3.5]
« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2010, 07:22:16 PM »
Ow well, more feat slots to play with :)
Precise Shot is a good one (and the main reason to take Point-Blank, really).
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: July 24, 2010, 07:31:27 PM »
er, does the duskblade's spell list get bigger in a web enhancement or anything? it looks sort of...small. Plus the duskblade handbook on the site mentions frequent use of vampiric touch, which I don't see on the list. Should I add sorcerer/wizard spells from 1-5 as choosable options? Or does the list simply suck (toxic weapon and one teleportation one being the only spells I'd respect on it). If it does, then I'll roll a swordsage instead (in which case, can I switch the warforged wis penalty over to int?)
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »
er, does the duskblade's spell list get bigger in a web enhancement or anything? it looks sort of...small. Plus the duskblade handbook on the site mentions frequent use of vampiric touch, which I don't see on the list. Should I add sorcerer/wizard spells from 1-5 as choosable options? Or does the list simply suck (toxic weapon and one teleportation one being the only spells I'd respect on it). If it does, then I'll roll a swordsage instead (in which case, can I switch the warforged wis penalty over to int?)
The full Duskblade spell list is on page 24. The Spells section only lists the new spells in that book.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2010, 07:41:05 PM »
The full Duskblade spell list is on page 24. The Spells section only lists the new spells in that book.
ah, thanks for that. Now I just to throw around my stats, watch in fear as I decend into suboptimal-ism...or something (to be fair, I'm just worried about the 6 wisdom, not too sure if I should lower anything to fix it or not)
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »
Ow well, more feat slots to play with :)
Precise Shot is a good one (and the main reason to take Point-Blank, really).
Was originally gonna get that with the weapon enhancement, but without IF that might be a good idea to get as a regular feat :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »
ah, thanks for that. Now I just to throw around my stats, watch in fear as I decend into suboptimal-ism...or something (to be fair, I'm just worried about the 6 wisdom, not too sure if I should lower anything to fix it or not)
Dump charisma to get some points for Wis if you haven't already?

I'll probably have a Wisdom of 8 myself (first time ever I play a character that doesn't have at least a 10 in an ability tied to a saving throw...)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »

I'll probably have a Wisdom of 8 myself (first time ever I play a character that doesn't have at least a 10 in an ability tied to a saving throw...)
alas, I already AM dumping cha. I probably have spare points somewhere, though. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=227019

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2010, 07:57:11 PM »

alas, I already AM dumping cha. I probably have spare points somewhere, though. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=227019
It says you're a Swordsage ???

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #288 on: July 24, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
 :twitch

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2010, 08:02:25 PM »
It says you're a Swordsage ???
Crap! I was GOING to be one at one point before saying "screw it, I wanna try something with magic". Guess I forgot to change it. Fix'd

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #290 on: July 24, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »
On the Open Seas
Spoke too soon...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 10:03:19 PM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #291 on: July 25, 2010, 02:45:48 PM »
ok, got the forum moved out of the retired games section. All further discussion to go here

endgamecutter

• Email
« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2010, 03:04:01 PM »
ok, got the forum moved out of the retired games section. All further discussion to go here
it still says "notify" instead of reply though.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2010, 11:40:24 PM »
The carebear hooked us up with a fixed one. Linky
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #294 on: July 26, 2010, 09:26:52 AM »
OOC is up in that, someone post to make sure it works.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #295 on: July 26, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »
OOC is up in that, someone post to make sure it works.
Looks like it's good :)

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2010, 02:21:42 AM »
Are all slots filled? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I wanted to make sure. I am completely new to PBP games however with limited knowledge of Eberron. I have no knowledge of Savage Tides.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2010, 02:54:55 AM »
Are all slots filled? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I wanted to make sure. I am completely new to PBP games however with limited knowledge of Eberron. I have no knowledge of Savage Tides.
The game has already started.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2010, 03:15:37 AM »
I'll keep an eye on the game advertisement thread then.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard