Author Topic: Omni spellcaster  (Read 7929 times)

A_Shadow_of_Life

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Omni spellcaster
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2010, 07:50:08 AM »
The 11 unique powersper day is..

Pick 11 powers at the beginning of the day. This is what you are capable of manifesting for today. Tomorrow, pick the same or different set of 11 powers.

That is, you pick 11 powers and can manifest the 11 powers XXX amount of times, where XXX is your number of power points available for use! :D
:lovefirefox

[spoiler][/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2010, 09:36:03 AM »
It's 11 unique powers per day per level.  On top of that, it says that you choose them when you manifest them.

So it's 11 1st ,2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th powers per day.  Once you manifest 11 different powers of a particular level, then you can't manifest any more until the next day.

While what you suggest would be more balanced, that is not what is written.

EDIT: The Eurudite never actually says when the unique powers are chosen.  Still, with 99 different powers available each day, I hardly think this means much.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:38:36 AM by snakeman830 »
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2010, 01:16:14 PM »
It's 11 unique powers per day per level.  On top of that, it says that you choose them when you manifest them.

So it's 11 1st ,2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th powers per day.  Once you manifest 11 different powers of a particular level, then you can't manifest any more until the next day.

While what you suggest would be more balanced, that is not what is written.

EDIT: The Eurudite never actually says when the unique powers are chosen.  Still, with 99 different powers available each day, I hardly think this means much.

Yeah, I mean...you'll probably never go over the limit. A wizard, or even a sorcerer is hard pressed to get that many spells per day of any given level.

I think the powers are chosen when they are manifested, that is, each time you manifest a different power it counts as on the the 11 per level. When you hit 11 of a particular level you cannot manifest any powers other than the ones already manifested...at least that's what I get out of it.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2010, 02:19:46 PM »
Yeah, I mean...you'll probably never go over the limit. A wizard, or even a sorcerer is hard pressed to get that many spells per day of any given level.
Psionic != Magic.

If an Edurite wishes to 'spend his lower level spell slots' to manifest different high level powers he can.
A proper researching Erudite feels that 11 per level cap.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2010, 09:04:38 PM »
Psionic != Magic.

If an Edurite wishes to 'spend his lower level spell slots' to manifest different high level powers he can.
A proper researching Erudite feels that 11 per level cap.
To even manifest each unique power once, he needs to spend a minimum of 891 power points.  I don't think that amount is even possible to reach pre-epic barring recharge loops.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.