Author Topic: E6 Gestalt Scout/Fighter  (Read 1845 times)

neveragon

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
E6 Gestalt Scout/Fighter
« on: July 03, 2010, 11:59:30 AM »
Just looking for some comments or improvements on my build. Its for a gestalt E6 game, I have a link to the .xls file I made and have pasted in here. The last level of scout is replaced by psion because I felt like the 6th level of scout was a waste and my DM wouldn't let me use incarnum. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Side 1   Abilities   Side 2   Abilities   
Fighter 1   Bonus Feat   Scout 1   Skirmish(+1d6), trapfinding
Fighter 2   Bonus Feat   Scout 2   Battle Fort +1, uncanny dodge
Fighter 3              Scout 3   Fast move +10, skirmish(+1d6, +1AC), trackless step
Fighter 4   Bonus Feat   Scout 4   Bonus Feat      
Fighter 5              Scout 5   Evasion, skirmish(+2d6, +1AC)   
Fighter 6   Bonus Feat   Telepath 1   Bonus Feat, discipline

Level   Reason           Feat      
1   1st Level           EWP Greatbow      
1   Human           Point Blank Shot            
1   Fighter Bonus   Weapon Focus (Greatbow)         
2   Fighter Bonus   Precise Shot                  
3   3rd Level           Sense Weakness            
4   Fighter Bonus   Weapon Spec (GreatBow)         
4   Scout Bonus   Acrobatic Skirmisher            
6   6th Level           Improved Skirmish            
6   Fighter Bonus   improved Initiative      
6   Psion Bonus    Speed of Thought            

Power Level   Power   Description                     
1   Force Screen   PP: 1 Range: Personal Duration: 1 min/lvl Effect: +4 shield bonus to AC                     
1   Charm, Psionic   PP: 1 Range: Close Duration: 1 hour/lvl Effect: As charm person pg 209 PHB                     
1   Deceleration   PP: 1 Range: Close Duration: 1 min/lvl Effect: Target's speed is halved.   

http://www.mediafire.com/?xnemg5gjzmy  <-- .xls file

Thanks,
NevEragon                  
78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
Re: E6 Gestalt Scout/Fighter
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 06:55:39 PM »
Switch your Psion level with Cleric.
Take the Travel Domain.
Exchange the granted power for Travel Devotion as per Complete Champion rules.
Now you have a swift action move for 1 minute 1/day.
Burn 2 turn undead attempts and to recharge it.
Base CHA of 12 give you 3 usages per day, alternatively just burn a feat on Extra Turning. You'll have plenty of those in the end.
Full attack skirmish is all kinds of nice.
Now you can full attack. So Rapid Shot becomes useful.

If Dragon Magazine material is allowed, Dragon Compendium and Dragon Mag. 310 are your friend.
DC have a feat that adds your DEX to damage within 30 for the weapon you have W-Focus in. Note: Errata lowers the prerequisite BAB from +14 to +1.
310 has the alternative fighter variant Targeteer, which can take an ability instead of a bonus feat that adds DEX to ranged damage.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:57:55 PM by Shadowhunter »
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 07:42:19 PM »
You should take less levels of fighter and those levels should use the targetter variant, it would let you get your dex to ranged damage and gives you the exotic weapon proficiency for free, you could also use it to pick up an extra attack above what rapid shot gives you, although at a substantial penalty. It is from dragon 310. You should dip cloistered cleric for a level, using the swap out rules to gain the travel and knowledge devotion feats to give you a better attack and damage bonus and the ability to move and full attack to get skirmish off. This one feat is better than both weapon specialization and weapon focus. To maintain your full BAB with this additional dipping you could take ranger after the first 4 levels of scout with swift hunter to keep your skirmish damage progressing. Also a level of whirling frenzy barbarian might be good for gaining an extra attack.

Now putting this all together we could get a character that looks like the following.

Targeteer fighter(Dragon 310)//Scout
Cloistered Cleric (UA) //Ranger
Psion // Ranger
Targeteer Fighter//Scout
Whirling Frenzy Barbarian(UA)//Scout
(Although any new class with full BAB would work)//Scout

Feats and Abilities
1: Vital Aim (Targeteer ability), Point Blank Shot, Able Learner (Flaw)
2:Knowledge Devotion (CC), Travel Devotion(CC), The Divine Magician ACF (CM) to pick up arrow mind (SpC).
3: Precise Shot, Rapid Shot (Bonus Feat), Speed of thought (Psion bonus) or Psionic Shot if you want more damage on one attack
4:Arrow Swarm Targetter ability
6:Swift Hunter (CS), Improved Skirmish (CS) (Scout bonus)

Powers known, Force Screen, Crystal Shard, Offensive Precognition
Spells Prepared: Arrow Mind, blessed aim if you count as your own ally.

And it does not even take any xp penalties.

The end result is a character that can move as a swift action 4 miniutes a day (assuming a cha of 10) and gains +4d6 damage and +3 AC whenever you move more than 20 feet, and then you can full attack for 5 attacks for a about a minute each day day and 4 attacks the rest of the day although at a bit of a -5 penalty. You can gain enough bonuses to attack to counteract the penalty from arrow swarm.  You also get a scaling bonus to attack and damage based on your knowledge checks in which you could have a fairly high check. Your cleric spells will let you threaten with your bow for 1 minute a day and not provoke attacks of opportunity thanks to arrow mind. You also only really need a high dex to make all this work, with a decent con and moderate mental stats. Also you have the favored enemies of a 6th level ranger and can apply skirmish damage to your favored enemies even if they are immune, I recommend undead and constructs. For the last full BAB class level I recommend warblade or duskblade for some defensive abilities.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 08:00:41 PM by Havok4 »

neveragon

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 04:09:49 AM »
wow, and I thought i was pretty good at min/maxing O.o you guys do this at a whole new level. Also, would you mind explaining this further, I understand everything else, but I am not familiar with the "swap out" rules you refer to.

You should dip cloistered cleric for a level, using the swap out rules to gain the travel and knowledge devotion feats to give you a better attack and damage bonus and the ability to move and full attack to get skirmish off.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 05:19:02 AM »
You can exchange domains you have for devotion feats, CC 53. This is one reason the cloistered cleric dip is so good. And I probably spent to much time working on that build but your goals for this character interested me. Also another thing you could do is swap out your fast movement from being a barbarian for pounce, also from CC, so you can be effective in melee should it ever become necessary. If you do that you would still end up having a base speed of 50 with speed of thought.

neveragon

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 05:27:35 AM »
Ah thanks, I was looking for it, but "swap out rule" and variants thereof don't get many useful results on google :p And thanks for spending as much time as you did on the build, that really makes me want to look more into it and be able to make builds like this myself :) And it should be a lot of fun to play this character too!

Thanks much,
NevEragon
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:36:02 AM by neveragon »