Author Topic: Another Moral Question(s)  (Read 8487 times)

DrPhro

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Another Moral Question(s)
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:30 AM »
I wouldn't make a CG pally go through detect evil before smiting. It seems like red tape that he would be trying to avoid. Remember that CG can also be the alignment of vigilantes, and while he does attribute his alignment to being a freedom fighter I don't think that he'd be afraid (and might be encouraged, depending on history and his specific CoC) to work outside of the law.

I'm not sure about the lawful pally. It seems like it could go in either direction depending on the in-game laws. If any sort of murder or attempted murder is illegal then it seems that he too should have attacked, but if bounties are legal and the morality/consequences of that bounty fall onto the one who put it out then I think he was perfectly justified in not attacking.

(P.S. I know that there's been some thread necromancy here, but I thought it was appropriate to comment on this particularly because there haven't been many new threads/because this one is still kinda fresh, and also because there hardly ever seems to be an appropriate time limit on moral dilemmas.)

Kethrian

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Another Moral Question(s)
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 03:15:26 AM »
Well, I would say that both acted appropriately.  The LG pally would have been justified in attacking them as well, seeing as the stalkers were detected as evil.  Just because this time they were there to deliver a message doesn't forgive them of the fact that they are evil.  Now, had one shown up, and been there to warn them of an ambush...