Author Topic: Question about Stone Rage  (Read 1179 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Question about Stone Rage
« on: July 02, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »
Does the +1 Natural Armor from Stone Rage replace the -2 penalty on a rage? Because if it doesn't, it's a pretty useless feat; I've seen Barbarians/Frenzied Berserkers that achieve -8 on their AC while raging+frenzying.

But if it's the first one...  :devil
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: Question about Stone Rage
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 05:20:17 AM »
+1 natural armour isn't worth a feat in any case but no it does not replace the penalty.

Whoever wrote that feat needs a slap, +1 natural armour while touching the ground is bad... and it has a prerequisite feat and needs 13+ in two stats...

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »
Indeed, the only way that would be worthwhile is if it gave natural ac equal to your con modifier or similar. It would actually be quite decent if it did that.

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 05:27:40 PM »
And then Fistbeard Beardfist would be happy.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 06:52:35 AM »
It is much weaker than the ice troll berserker lodge feat in unapproachable east. Think it gives +2NA while raging, +4 in greater rage.

Not to mention that if you are a FB, your AC will likely be negative, so you shouldn't even be bothering with abilities which improve your AC.  ;)
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 10:44:06 PM »
You seem, I was hoping it would replace the penalty with that dinky +1. That would be great, seeing that a Reckless Raging Frenzying Frenzied Berserker gets a -8 to AC, and a +1 would be better...

Has anyone found a use for Blazing/Frozen Berserker? You know, the ones that give you an elemental subtype while raging?

The only reason I would take either one is if my DM was making us fight creatures with those subtypes.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 08:27:15 AM »
A white dragon barb with blazing berserker to get both cold and fire immunity?  :p
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.