Author Topic: A Crazy/stupid Idea: the referencer!  (Read 911 times)

endgamecutter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
A Crazy/stupid Idea: the referencer!
« on: June 27, 2010, 03:43:17 AM »
I am always a bored if I am posting (lurking is manly :ninja) and in this span of boredom I decided to enquire about an idea I've had for a while, but thought it was too stupid/outlandish to make use of: THE OBSCURE REFERENCER!

the idea is that by tapping into the huge span of tropes and internet memes there are, the Referencer can derive power. Naturally, I have no idea how this would be built, since I lack the number crunching abilities neccesary to actually design something new (which is why I suck at dming, incidentally). I figure (going at it as a base class) it would have

middle BaB
d6-8 hit die
4 skill points per level
and a bizzare amalgam of class features making it capable of doing just about anything as long as it can be traced to some origin.

I would think that the more well known references (lazor, all your base, possibly goatse) would be higher level and really obscure ones (prinny dood, DECAPITATIOOOOOON, points if you get those by the way) would be lower level. I imagine the powers being structured similarly to spells or psionics (brandwidth points!) and related to one of the mental attributes. Any thoughts?
there is roughly a 99% chance that this post is an obscure reference to SOMETHING.