Author Topic: Knowledge Devotion, help please ^^  (Read 12344 times)

bradywan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Knowledge Devotion, help please ^^
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »

A lot of really good suggestions, including just not doing it if my DM already has an issue with it. Thanks for the input guys.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »
My level 4 factotum gets +3 to hit and +3 to damage in most combats against the main monster.

That is ridiculous, compared to a weapon focus feat for instance -- and overpowered.

Except that you had to burn a ton of skill points as well to do it, skill points that could have been spent on Iajuitsu Focus, UMD, Diplomacy, and so on.  Plus, Weapon Focus is an underpowered feat.  Compare to Power Attack which, when spent with Shock Trooper, adds rediculous amounts of damage... I'm not seeing it. 

No matter.   My advice to the OP would be to play as a gnome (or whispergnome) and use the Trivial Knowledge feat.  It's gnome only and lets you reroll knowledge checks.

JaronK

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 12:18:07 AM »
Divine Insight, Clr 2, Spell Compendium - gives you a bonus to any skill check of 5+ caster level (max +15) once during an hour/level duration.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 12:46:43 AM »
A level of marshal with motivate intellegence gives you your cha modifier to your int checks including knowledge checks.

A familiar or someone else can give you a +2 bonus with the aid another action.

5 ranks in survival gives you a +2 synergy bonus to knowledge (nature) checks.

A masterwork item gives you a +2 bonus for only 50 gp per knowledge skill.

An item familiar can boost your knowledge checks too.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 01:32:27 AM »
What, no love for the bard?

A Bardic Knack Bard with Improvisation and Focusing Chant (I believe the name is), which you get at , let you achieve Max ranks -2 on any skill, ven if you don't have ranks in it, and you can get a 1/2 CL+1 boost to any skill from Focusing Chant+Improvisation, which means your Knowledge skills will effectively be 1.5*level+4 if you go pure bard, so you can dispatch things nicely.

And the best part? Both let you enhance attack rolls too, and, so you could achieve a much larger boost with Bardic Knowledge.

And those spells are unique to the bard, iirc.

Makes a nice low level skillmonkey.

(Can you see I love the bards? Melodic Casting FTW)
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing