Author Topic: e6 Tier Changes  (Read 5763 times)

Tohron

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: e6 Tier Changes
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 02:27:29 PM »
Sorry for raising that distraction, but I'd like to point out that if it is possible to meet the pre-req of 9th level spells for Epic Spellcasting (without my skill-point quickstep), then getting access to 4th level spells is entirely reasonable.

The thing is, you satisfy the 9th-level spells requirement with DMM Heighten, so using actual 4th level spells falls in another catagory.

That said, I know a Loredrake sorc could get Polymorph by 6th level, but I'm still not sure about Psychic Reformation.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: e6 Tier Changes
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 03:34:25 AM »
You know what would be useful, and probably easier to do that in a normal d20 resource?

Post simple build cores, and what role their trying to fill.

That way, people can pick what class(es) are best for what they want to do.

I'll use Bard (Skillmonkey) as an example:

Alternate Class feature (Bardic Knack; PHB II)
Spells (Improvisation; SC, Focusing Chant; CAdv)
Feats (Arcane Thesis (Improvisation); PHB II, Skilled Beyond your Years; e6 pdf)

Something like that, and maybe a little bit on how to combine them, like so:

Using Bardic Knack to give yourself ranks in a skill equal to half your bard level, then employing the Arcane Thesis'd Improvisation to increase it to act like you have Max ranks-2 in the selected skill, even if it is cross class.
Focusing Chant makes that Max-1.

Skilled Beyond Your Years gives you the ability to make your important skills (Bluff, Diplomacy, etc) able to have 2 more ranks added to them. This is good. However, it alters the knack trick so that it is Max-4 for the basic trick.

Still better than anyone who isn't a Factotum, though.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing