Author Topic: Gestalt with Duskblade, Factotum or Bard.  (Read 2812 times)

the_shadowmind

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Gestalt with Duskblade, Factotum or Bard.
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:14:04 AM »
Right now waiting to see if the DM has in problems with those classes, but only the Factotum should have a chance of being iffy. So we are nearing to end of a point of plot in of the online game we are playing in coming to a close soon, and we are likely to restart on a different area. Kinda of a different views thing.

This will mean new characters, either 5th or 6th level, and my heart is set on one of the three classes mentioned above in this gestalt game.
The books allowed are PH, PHII, Complete Arcane, Complete Mage, Complete Divine, Complete Adventurer, Complete Warrior, Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium, with other material on a case by case basis.

To give you a view of the scale the group is optimized here is the list of current characters.
We are 5th level with these as the classes and then point-buy if the stats weren't rolled , Dwarf Wizard//Spell-less Ranger(48), Gnome Beguiler//Favored Soul(54), Human Warlock//Hexblade(Me)(47), and the DMPC Human Monk//Fighter(48). These are the wizard's spells:Corrosive Grasp,Babau Slime,Ray of Clumsiness, Fist of Stone, Earthen Grasp, Melf's Acid Arrow, Primal Form, Summon Monster III.

So any builds/advice for a gestalt with two of those three classes?

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Gestalt with Duskblade, Factotum or Bard.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:24:43 AM »
The general rule of Factotum, Warblade, Wizard  - Pick any two certainly applies here.

Factotum//Wizard gain power the fastest especially after hitting level 8.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:32:42 AM »
Factotum is an extremely awesome class to gestalt, especially for anyone with Int-focus.

You seem to have plenty of melee, so bard with inspire courage optimization would get a lot of mileage.

Duskblade (I believe) can channel any touch spell he has access to through his weapon, so wizard//duskblade could be devastating with those spells of yours, especially with a high threat-range weapon.

There's nothing saying you couldn't do factotum 3/duskblade 3/factotum 14//wizard 5/Full-casting PrC XXX.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

the_shadowmind

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 02:40:35 AM »
I was thinking something like Duskblade5/Sandshaper 1/Other PrC or Duskblade+//Factotum 6+, or Duskblade 6(or maybe 5 with sandshaper)//Bard 6, with Arcane strike as the 6th level feat to have a lot of different spells known, and a bunch of spell slots to use for the Arcane strike.
We've encountered a bunch of sandstorm stuff(Sand dragon, Dire Vultures, Shapesand,etc.) so Sandshaper has a good chance of being allowed.

the_shadowmind

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 12:50:41 AM »
Would this be functional?
human Duskblade 6/Sandshaper 1//Factotum 7, ( to Duskblade 11/Sandshaper 1//Factotum 12, doubt the campaign will get past that level.)
Feats-
Human: Font of Inspiration,
1st Font of Inspiration,
3rd Obtain Familiar-Raven(duskblade),
6th Touchstone(City of the Dead)
9th Arcane strike
12 Font of Inspiration,
Any suggestions if Font of Inspiration is disallowed?

Wings of Peace

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 06:40:13 AM »
This is a full build but it's fairly straightforward how it would operate at low levels, very fun if you like gishing in my opinion.  You'll need to talk with your DM about Legacy Champion though since one of the prequisites is that you possess a legacy item.  Depending on if your DM allows flaws or not you may need to move Spelldancer around, but it will enable you to Persist all of your buffs.

Duskblade 20//Wizard 5/Abjurant Chamption (Wizard) 1/Spelldancer 1/Abjurant Champion (Wizard) 4/Legacy Champion (Abjurant Champion) 9

Your defense is going to be extraordinarily high given that you're essentially getting +1 ac per level after level 5 to any Abjuration that grants an armor class bonus of some kind, especially if you use the abjurations in conjunction with standard ac boosting spells like Alter Self: Form with High AC

Edit: Also, what are those numbers in parenthesis?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:28:10 PM by Wings of Peace »

the_shadowmind

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
I think your misunderstanding what I meant. I meant a Duskblade//Bard, Duskblade//Factotum, or Bard//Factotum build with PrC's from the books listed.
Spell Dancer, Legacy Champion, aren't in the allowed list. The number in parenthesis are the max level I expect us to get to. No flaws allowed.This is for a pbp game so leveling is slow going. And, persist spell when you are not going to get to a high level to, and most/all of the metamagic reduces aren't allowed isn't going to be very useful.

Edit:The number in the first first in parenthesizes are the total points worth if instead of rolling for stats, we did point buy instead.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:10:23 PM by the_shadowmind »

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 01:18:31 PM »
Duskblade 12//Factotum 10/Chameleon 2 Is a simple concept for consideration, if you can get Races of Destiny in.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

the_shadowmind

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 02:39:19 PM »
No go on the chameleon, asked about that class before the new character introduction, DM said it was to confusing, and slightly to strong for gestalt.