Author Topic: Module 1: In Search of the Unknown  (Read 8953 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Module 1: In Search of the Unknown
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2010, 10:33:19 PM »
[spoiler]
No. The module calls for a couple rusted/falling apart swords, a dented helmet, and a set of armour that falls apart when you try to take it off its deceased owner. Oh, also, when you pull the sword out of the 'mage', Quasqueton is engraved in the wall in blood behind him.[/spoiler]
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2010, 09:07:24 PM »
"So, left or right?"

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Awkward Map

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2010, 11:02:24 PM »
"Well, I'd say right.  Left is the path of evil and everything."  Thymm rubs his chin thoughtfully, peering down the right passage.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 11:32:35 PM »
"I'd say left suits just fine, then."

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2010, 11:49:31 PM »
Meveri interjects, saying, "Do not forget that there is the option to continue on forward, toward the doors."

As you might come to expect, Buska says, "Ya, and do not forget, there is also back where we come from."

Meveri raps him on the head again.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2010, 11:56:17 PM »
"If we do not cover our backs, we are asking for an ambush. Going straight ahead is the worst decision we could make.

Check them both out!

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 12:04:24 AM »
"I am simply reassuring myself that you are not forgetting anything, and that all options are explored in due course. In any case, I believe the saying goes, 'When in doubt, go left.'"

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2010, 12:23:45 AM »
Thymm shrugs.  "I guess we have to face down evil at some point.  Left it is."

He begins leading the way down the left passage, sunrod showing the growing concern on his face.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2010, 12:26:27 AM »
Asher simply follows, showing no emotion of any kind in his stance or approach.

Check them both out!

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2010, 03:30:04 PM »
Following the left-hand passage, you get to the bend. It continues south, the end once again not illuminated by the torch. Just at the end of the sunrod's light, a t-intersection is evident, the passage returning back to the original corridor.

Dagnar:
[spoiler]Darkvision up to 90' also reveals no end to this tunnel, with no other passages leading off of it.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »
OOC:
[spoiler]Sorry for the long absence guys was in New Orleans for a long weekend with my baby girl. Didn't have much time to get on the net, but the rest of the week shouldn't be as bad.[/spoiler]
Well i guess dwarves an humans differ on this, as we say if in doubt choose the "right" path. Guess it is one of the ways we think we are clever with a play on words. Left is fine by me, though it goes on without end or detour as far as I can see.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »
"Unless there is some kind of trick at play, every tunnel must lead somewhere. Let us continue left."

Check them both out!

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 08:09:50 PM »
"Yes. We shall continue going left, and if we do not come upon any new path, we shall return to our originating position, or else hit a dead-end. Onward, then."

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »
Continuing to the side passage, it appears to connect straight into the passage you just left. The door on this side is obvious, though made of stone, rather than the wood of the other door. of the dungeon. Your torch still reveals no end to the passage.

Dagnar:
[spoiler]Your darkvision, however, does, just past the torchlight. The tunnel curves gently to the east. (Back towards the entrance tunnel.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »
It starts to hook up ahead just outside your stick's light.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2010, 11:11:11 PM »
"We should check the stone door.  Knowing little tricks to navigate the place may come in handy.  If you would do the honors of checking for nasty mechanisms, Meveri?"  Thymm stands back from the stone door by 15 feet or so, looking aware for intruders while she works.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2010, 11:33:51 PM »
Meveri takes a couple minutes and examines the area around and including the stone doorway.
[spoiler]Take 10 on search: 18[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »
OOC:
[spoiler]
No traps.[/spoiler]

The door opens smoothly into the passage you just vacated.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2010, 01:20:39 AM »
"So, shall we go back the other way, or circle around?"

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2010, 04:29:40 AM »
"Now, we should circle the other way. As I recall, there was a passage heading right also."

Check them both out!