Author Topic: OOC Chatter  (Read 8886 times)

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
Re: OOC Chatter
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 12:53:35 AM »
It's a cliched tavern atmosphere until Asher and Thymm stroll in, carrying the carcass of a Shocker Lizard.  "Make sure you can cast that spell tomorrow.  The one that makes corpses not rot, okay?"  Cue eye-roll behind mask for Asher.  "Very well."  The corpse is thrown onto table, instruments laid out and Thymm begins to gut the beast.  Lobbing a gold piece towards the barkeep, he winks.  "I'll try not to make too much of a mess here."

Something like that?  :D

I laughed a lot. I now have a lot of people staring at me in the uni workspace.

Venn: Go with raven. Teach it UMD, and it can shoot things. :D

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 01:13:30 AM »
It's a cliched tavern atmosphere until Asher and Thymm stroll in, carrying the carcass of a Shocker Lizard.  "Make sure you can cast that spell tomorrow.  The one that makes corpses not rot, okay?"  Cue eye-roll behind mask for Asher.  "Very well."  The corpse is thrown onto table, instruments laid out and Thymm begins to gut the beast.  Lobbing a gold piece towards the barkeep, he winks.  "I'll try not to make too much of a mess here."

Something like that?  :D

I laughed a lot. I now have a lot of people staring at me in the uni workspace.

Venn: Go with raven. Teach it UMD, and it can shoot things. :D

I was trying to avoid making Generic hate me too much. :P

Plus, not only do I not have enough skill points with the way I've got my skills laid out (at least not to be trapfinder AND UMD monkey), the Raven has an abysmal Cha score so it would take a ton of UMD ranks, which I really can't afford and wouldn't need except for the raven, since I've already got Wizard levels. UMD would only let me use cleric wands, which isn't necessary because so can you and Littha. :D

So, the Raven's really only good as an RP device.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 01:18:48 AM »
The raven is a fine RP device, but it might be eating fireballs if you start breaking the action economy with it. Honestly, you're already a wizard.

The module has officially started.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 01:33:28 AM »
That's exactly what I was talking about.

Owl edges up in front of Hawk (even though a hawk is way cooler) because we're probably more likely to be in dark dungeons than in bright daytime settings, if I know these old adventures (and I don't!). :D
So, between Owl, Raven, and Bat. I'll probably drop Bat so Generic has one less sense to worry about keeping track of.

Hmm, owl or raven...

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 02:33:21 AM »
Finished up Background and other fluff. :)
Arc, lemme know if this works for you.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 02:45:12 AM »
I adjusted my background to better fit what you had, since i was no longer headed to your family home  ;)

Looks good over all. Though i do have to ask what it is that you would have told Dagnar about your past before meeting up with the others? I just need to know what he thinks happened for you not to be with your parents.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 02:47:34 AM »
I still vote raven. Make him like Yelling Bird from QC, for extra funnies.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 02:51:19 AM »
Just double checked and realized i was not only the only Dwarf in the party. I was the only non-human! Normally i would expect to see some elves or something.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Awkward Map

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 02:57:24 AM »
The bonus feat, man.  The bonus feat.  :p

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 02:59:55 AM »
Also, elves suck. (Though, that bit about them being able to sense secret doors... That would have been useful.)
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 04:34:21 AM »
Just double checked and realized i was not only the only Dwarf in the party. I was the only non-human! Normally i would expect to see some elves or something.

Yeah, I was going to be a gnome originally, but the bonus feat was too alluring. Plus, I'm a bit shallow, but I like designing parts of my character based on a good character image. :P

Also, elves suck. (Though, that bit about them being able to sense secret doors... That would have been useful.)
It's too bad that there are so many better options than Elves. Just look at the Ruathar PrC. Even Elves suck at being elves, so they had to open it up to everyone else. :P

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »
Venn, is it just me, or does your familiar talk like Londo Mollari from Babylon 5? If so, awesome! If not, he should.

Check them both out!

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 12:56:47 PM »
The only reason I would even contemplate being an Elf is for PrCs. (Eternal Blade!)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 02:12:34 PM »
Venn, is it just me, or does your familiar talk like Londo Mollari from Babylon 5? If so, awesome! If not, he should.

I've never seen Babylon 5, so not really- but interpret it however you like. :P
I was trying to figure out a way to get it to talk in a more primitive fashion due to its low intelligence score, and figured that broken english (or broken common, in this case), with a thick russian-style accent, was the best way to go. :)

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »
Londo Mollari sounds like this.

Generic_PC: Don't forget Seeker of the Misty Isle too!

Check them both out!

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
I didn't. I figured breaking the action economy was better than an above average Cleric PrC.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:32:02 PM by Generic_PC »

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »
The PRCs in ToB seem to like doing that or at least RKV does.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2010, 07:03:37 PM »
The ToB is just trying to even the playing field.

Honestly, I'm just gonna ban taking more than 2 levels of Fighter or Monk next real game I run. You're just gonna have to suck it up and be a ToB Swordsage or Warblade instead.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »
I did something similar in a recent Oriental Adventures campaign I ran, did a load of class swaps.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2010, 07:12:31 PM »
The ToB is just trying to even the playing field.

Honestly, I'm just gonna ban taking more than 2 levels of Fighter or Monk next real game I run. You're just gonna have to suck it up and be a ToB Swordsage or Warblade instead.

you say that like it is a punishment. Honestly though i can understand your frustration, a group i used to play with just refused to deal with anything that was effective. Hell they even made the tier 1s play like T5 and 6s. If i would ever have tried to force that group into playing classes that had a chance at being effective they would have all quit complaining it was too much work.