Author Topic: Some basic rules about this PbP and posting  (Read 1097 times)

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
Some basic rules about this PbP and posting
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:04:19 PM »
As we're about to start, I wanted to set down some basic rules that will make this a happy and free-flowing game without unnecessary delays. If any of you feel anything should be added, please let me know by replying to this thread, and if it's good, I'll include it.

• Please try to post at least once in each 24 hour period. While we understand that life does get the better of you sometimes, please try to keep to this pace if at all possible.
  • I have no objection to content of any kind. If you want to include graphic violence, sexual content, swearing or what-else-have-you, please go for it. Ideally, however, please don't post anything that will get anyone into legal trouble.
  • Whenever your character has to make a roll that has multiple consequences (attack rolls being the most common), please post all relevant rolls (in this case, damage rolls, concealment if you think the creature might have it, etc) at the same time. This significantly saves on waiting time for everyone.
  • IC speech should be wrapped in quotes, and preferably colour-coded. Any thoughts should be italicized (and preferably colour-coded too). Ordinary black text is used for active description or normal text. Please put OOC text into a spoilerblock, and if you want to give information only for certain players, either label a spoilerblock with it, or if it's very extensive, PM it. Please post in response to this thread if you would like to 'claim' a colour (or several, for those with multiple speaking parts). My NPCs will all speak in brown.
  • You can use third or first-person voice for your posts, but please be consistent.

A Working Example of Posting

[spoiler]"What the fuck!" exclaimed Janice in a mixture of surprise and horror.
He must think I'll do anything for money was the only thought in her head.
For Agita
[spoiler]Your Affability check has failed. Good luck with the fallout.  :P[/spoiler][/spoiler]

I can't think of anything else off the top. Feel free to suggest things you feel should be on this list.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
Re: Some basic rules about this PbP and posting
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »
Noxatra will claim purple.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:46:51 PM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
Do you really have to ask?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Awkward Map

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 10:01:48 PM »
I'll be using navy blue.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 10:58:30 AM »
Let's see...

Color Test

Color Test

Color Test

Color Test

Color Test

Looks like this is it then.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.