Author Topic: OOC Banter  (Read 37432 times)

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
Re: OOC Banter
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2010, 06:09:09 AM »
Sorry about this guys - you'll get a post in the morning, I swear!

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2010, 08:28:29 AM »
I've been getting distracted by stuff. Especially games. :P I think now that I've got the most important items, I might just look at the other guys' sheets and steal ideas to speed it up. And yeah, my online schedule is basically "whenever I get up because it's too bright or too hot to sleep to whenever I go to bed because I'm bored or sleepy".
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:03:30 AM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2010, 09:17:24 AM »
I've been getting distracted by stuff. Especially games. :P I think now that I've got the most important items, I might just look at the other guys' sheets and steal ideas to speed it up. And yeah, my online schedule is basically "whenever I get up because it's too bright or too hot to sleep to whenever I go to bed because I'm bored or sleepy".

And worrying over pantsu? :P
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »

And worrying over pantsu? :P
Nah, that's just my character in the anime game. Damn prude. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2010, 10:42:30 AM »
Okay, it looks like I've been misreading the spells known houserule the whole time.
Clerics do not automatically know every cleric spell. Instead, they automatically know all cleric spells given as part of their list in the SRD, and may replace access to any spell at any level with another cleric spell at the same level. In addition to this, at every level of casting, you may add one spell from any source to your list of cleric spells known.
At first I thought we got one extra nd could replace another one, for just two non-core spells per level. Looking closer, that's obviously wrong. Now the question is, can the one spell we can add from "any source" be from any spell list or does that just mean we get one extra without having to replace one?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:48:49 AM by Agita »

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2010, 11:21:18 AM »
Okay, it looks like I've been misreading the spells known houserule the whole time.
Clerics do not automatically know every cleric spell. Instead, they automatically know all cleric spells given as part of their list in the SRD, and may replace access to any spell at any level with another cleric spell at the same level. In addition to this, at every level of casting, you may add one spell from any source to your list of cleric spells known.
At first I thought we got one extra nd could replace another one, for just two non-core spells per level. Looking closer, that's obviously wrong. Now the question is, can the one spell we can add from "any source" be from any spell list or does that just mean we get one extra without having to replace one?

We replace any spell we don't want in the SRD list for any spell outside that list.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »

We replace any spell we don't want in the SRD list for any spell outside that list.
Yes, I know. My question was about the other sentence. The one that says "add one spell", with no mention of replacing anything.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2010, 11:37:55 AM »
I didn't notice that bit too.

A post for Kagura dude.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2010, 11:38:24 AM »

Yes, I know. My question was about the other sentence. The one that says "add one spell", with no mention of replacing anything.
Sin referred to non core cleric spells by that, methinks.
For non-cleric spells you'd need to blow Extra Spell on it
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2010, 06:55:07 PM »
Veek has it right. Need to work on my clarity a bit, methinks.

Also, there's a bit of ToP we've all been forgetting as well...

Quote from: ToP
Having limited the options for raising your skill modifiers, we're also going to limit the size of these bonuses. With one exception, you should not have a competence bonus greater than +3 on any given skill, no matter what your actual modifier would be in the old skill system (the exception is the jump skill, and is discussed in the skill itself). This leads us to some rather substantial changes to the skill bonus system, and these are discussed in more detail below.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »
Veek has it right. Need to work on my clarity a bit, methinks.
Pity. Oh well, no Creaking Cacophony or Snowsong for Barry.

Hey, you know what sucks? Being almost done with your spell swaps on your MW sheet and then having your computer freeze on you before you save. :grave I really fucking need a new computer...

Also, there's a bit of ToP we've all been forgetting as well...

Quote from: ToP
Having limited the options for raising your skill modifiers, we're also going to limit the size of these bonuses. With one exception, you should not have a competence bonus greater than +3 on any given skill, no matter what your actual modifier would be in the old skill system (the exception is the jump skill, and is discussed in the skill itself). This leads us to some rather substantial changes to the skill bonus system, and these are discussed in more detail below.
Ouch, that's pretty harsh. Frank and K really hate skill checks in the thirties, don't they?

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2010, 12:41:21 AM »
The ToP wasn't Frank or K's work - it was TarkisFlux, though he's on the Den too. Frankly, I hate skill checks in the thirties too, especially under ToP rules.

Check them both out!

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2010, 09:06:18 AM »
Also, AwkwardMap - please could you fix your linking for your sheet? Having to click that many links to reach it is a trite annoying.

I would also request people to edit their character sheet posts to include initiative bonuses, saves and AC. It makes my life a lot simpler.

Check them both out!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2010, 09:13:13 AM »
Quick note: Her Sentinel of Bharrai levels grant Bertha Resistance 10 to two energy types of my choice, cold and fire. For the record, these were chosen well before the campaign started because they're simply the most common energy types out there, and double as protection from most environments, so I didn't choose them just now. :P

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2010, 09:15:12 AM »
Fair enough, then. You can keep track of your own resistances, though - I have enough to work out as is!

Check them both out!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2010, 09:43:45 AM »
Kobold M.O.A.B., seen everything, we have.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2010, 11:29:22 AM »
I was in the middle of 5 rounds of movement, when did the attack take place?
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2010, 11:36:30 AM »
Right at the end of the 5th round, I think.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2010, 12:07:53 PM »
Well he had me take fire damage is why I am asking.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2010, 06:28:39 PM »
It's actually about 3 rounds in.

Check them both out!