Author Topic: OOC Banter  (Read 37424 times)

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
Re: OOC Banter
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 08:29:17 AM »
I think I'll make my free extra 4th level spell known Moon Bolt. Gentlemen's agreement goes both ways - you get bears with laser eyes, I get a bear with laser eyes too. :lol

Seems totally fair to me.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 09:18:33 AM »
So I just looked at my statblock and noticed something weird. Then I checked out the statblocks on the SRD and found that no sort of bear (at least, none of those I can Bear Shape into) apparently has a climb speed. Not even black bears. :twitch

Oh well, that's what ranged weapons are for. Just gonna have Bartholomew engage the ground-bound ones, then.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 09:23:04 AM »
So I just looked at my statblock and noticed something weird. Then I checked out the statblocks on the SRD and found that no sort of bear (at least, none of those I can Bear Shape into) apparently has a climb speed. Not even black bears. :twitch

Oh well, that's what ranged weapons are for. Just gonna have Bartholomew engage the ground-bound ones, then.

Oh dear... WotC creative omission again... I guess that with Athletics displacing Swim, they CAN climb well - just not that well. Still...

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 11:05:16 AM »
Sorry to make you do this, but you got a 40% miss chance, and then a 20% miss chance to overcome...
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »
Just noticed that Barry can't take Draconic Heritage since he doesn't have any Sorcerer levels. Bummer. Oh well, no sonic damage on DFI.
Since the bad bears go after barry anyway, I think I'm going to have Bertha and Bartholomew delay until after Barry in order to get the benefits from Barry's Inspire Courage. :D Everyone else, feel free to take your turns or delay as well.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 12:56:08 PM »
Man, you guys sure are having a bear of a time.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »
Man, you guys sure are having a bear of a time.
Simple bear necessities.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Awkward Map

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »
Barry could go Dragontouched -> Draconic Heritage, depending on how his feats look.  Dragontouched counts you as a sorcerer of your character level, which will let you take Draconic Heritage.  Of course, then you still have to take Dragonfire Inspiration so that may be too many feats.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 02:33:06 PM »
Barry could go Dragontouched -> Draconic Heritage, depending on how his feats look.  Dragontouched counts you as a sorcerer of your character level, which will let you take Draconic Heritage.  Of course, then you still have to take Dragonfire Inspiration so that may be too many feats.
His feats right now are:

1 - Knight of Stars (Prereq for Troubadour of Stars)
Human Bonus - Skill Focus (Perform) (Prereq for HFF and puts Perform on his class skill list; unfortunately unable to get it from Heward's Hall as I need to enter HFF before that)
3 - Draconic Heritage (Currently illegal)
6 - Words of Creation
Swap Fascinate ability for Song of the Heart as per ECS, page 34.

I don't remember, is feat retraining allowed? If it is, I could have Barry take Skill Focus at 1st and some useless feat at 3rd, qualify for HFF, then get Skill focus as a bonus feat from Heward's Hall at 7th and retrain out the first instance of SF and the useless feat for Dragontouched and Draconic Heritage.

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »
Right about turn order: I'll have Veldor delay until after Barry starts inspiring us.  By the way, who determines allies?  Specifically I would like to know if summoned monsters benefit from Inspire Courage or other abilities that target "allies".  Does Barry have to declare who his allies are when starting and can who he considers allies change during a performance?  Is that an action?

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 07:08:59 PM »
On the subject of turn order: So basically, everyone who's to come wants to go after Barry except Noxatra?

Noxatra's miss chance: Any chance anyone can give me a composite percentage miss chance? Saves on rolling twice. I think it's 56%, so that's what I'll go with until corrected.

Feat retraining: If you mean 'repicking feats you took before', since Barry is unfinished, no objections.

Edit: On the subject of mapping and combat ranges: Because I hate drawing grid maps and think the ranges and areas postulated by D&D are frankly insane (between combats the size of the Sistine Chapel and horses needing nine square metres of fighting space, both of which are retarded), I'll be playing it fast and loose with positioning and ranges. Basically, if it sounds cool, you can probably do it. Think Feng Shui rather than D&D positioning here.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:16:06 PM by Mister_Sinister »

Check them both out!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 07:14:24 PM »
Noxatra's miss chance: Any chance anyone can give me a composite percentage miss chance? Saves on rolling twice. I think it's 56%, so that's what I'll go with until corrected.
52%, I think. 1-(.2*.4)=.52.

Feat retraining: If you mean 'repicking feats you took before', since Barry is unfinished, no objections.
I mean retraining in the PHB II sense that is often used for CO purposes - you want to buy a prerequisite feat from a magical location to enter a PrC, but that's not possible yet, so instead you take the prereq feat normally, enter the PrC, then later gain the feat as a bonus from a different source and retrain the original one to something actually useful.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 07:17:54 PM »
Hmmm.... provided the feats stay consistent (i.e. you don't outright lose any prereqs), I don't see why not.

On miss chance: Given what I've rolled, the outcome is still the same, but thanks for the calculation check.

Edit: Post 666!  :devil

Edit 2: Regarding allies and enemies: 'Ally' is defined as 'someone who is not trying to injure or kill you, or who you are not trying to injure or kill'. This can change based on your actions and the actions of any given creature. So yes, summons from allies generally count as allies, if controlled.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:23:56 PM by Mister_Sinister »

Check them both out!

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 10:15:38 PM »
Well this sucks...I just relized 3.5 made darkness (and even deeper darkness), shadowy... :banghead

So, Mister_Sinster, oh great and powerful DM  :bow, can they be reverted to actual darkness?

Oh, I am actually thinking of duel casting with wizard, with no scribe scroll what is allowed?

Also, does versatile spellcaster allow some one to double stack, 4 firsts = 1 third?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:49:15 PM by Sohala »
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 11:59:37 PM »
Sohala: With wizard, you can convert Scribe Scroll to a metamagic feat. Versatile Spellcaster doesn't allow stacking - firsts can only become seconds, seconds can only become thirds, etc.

On darkness and deeper darkness: Frankly, darkness should just be renamed shadowlight and used as-is, but deeper darkness, being a 3rd level spell, should be something a bit more impressive. Consider it to be actual darkness, but that means that darkvision can see through it.

Check them both out!

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 12:28:47 AM »
Consider it to be actual darkness, but that means that darkvision can see through it.

Mmm... :evillaugh ...thank you!

Not sure what the point of that feather fall is. Horses aren't tall enough to cause falling damage, and bull rushes don't actually hurt you either. Plus, you were technically still flat-footed at the time, making its casting impossible.
Because I have the ability to cast it, because it sounded good at the time, and because I am an idiot. Most likely not in that order. I can change it if you want.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 12:34:09 AM »
Just assume it didn't happen, and don't expend the slot. It happens to the best of us, don't worry. :P

Check them both out!

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2010, 08:39:55 AM »
Agita, thanks for that post. It's really awesome, but I'm feeling too incoherent to respond today, so I'll do it tomorrow.

Check them both out!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2010, 07:11:47 PM »
Someone should take down the sniper bears. Some flying summons, perhaps?

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »
Gonna throw some fiendish apes all up in their faces.  Yes, they have a climb speed.  Yes, it is awesome that they get tons to attack and damage from Barry.  :D