Author Topic: interesting challange to me by DM  (Read 9059 times)

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
Re: interesting challange to me by DM
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2010, 05:12:25 AM »
You need sources of bonus damage?
Lol  :lmao
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 08:14:29 AM »
wait a minute i was going to say Ghost .... opps, i mean Hood ..a aa wait , i really mean  um mm ...one of those little things, have wings, small size.... oh thats right ... try this:

Anthropomorphic Bat ... :flutter

:D
:lol

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2010, 09:17:27 AM »
Cancer mage is cheesy.

Be a druid, when there are no arcanists around to spoil your fun you can reign supreme.

you do know that i am not to use spells for this challange so what would you suggest i use in place of the druids spells?

I thought it was just arcane spells that where prohibited.

A hood or a cancer mage are the best options probably, ranging from extremely good to broken, depending on what you do.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 10:06:20 AM »
Cancer mage is cheesy.

Be a druid, when there are no arcanists around to spoil your fun you can reign supreme.

you do know that i am not to use spells for this challange so what would you suggest i use in place of the druids spells?

I thought it was just arcane spells that where prohibited.

A hood or a cancer mage are the best options probably, ranging from extremely good to broken, depending on what you do.
the campaign as a whole has no arcane but the DM challenged me to go nuts and not use spells or magic items at all to see wha ti can do

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »
wait a minute i was going to say Ghost .... opps, i mean Hood ..a aa wait , i really mean  um mm ...one of those little things, have wings, small size.... oh thats right ... try this:

Well, batman might work...
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2010, 12:19:40 PM »
wait a minute i was going to say Ghost .... opps, i mean Hood ..a aa wait , i really mean  um mm ...one of those little things, have wings, small size.... oh thats right ... try this:

Well, batman might work...
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8164.msg274133#msg274133

No magic, and no items, because of VoP.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2010, 01:08:18 PM »
Ah, if only I had actually finished the build I want to recommend right now... lol

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2010, 02:43:57 PM »
Level 5 there's nothing that will really destroy a campaign. I had a build somewhere that had 1 round of windup time and then did somewhere on the level of 80 attacks with +400 damage to each or something. That's all the way at level 20 though.

Foo 4 Ghost 1 (buying off the first level already) goes a long way towards destroying a campaign, though.  The complete immunity to nonmagic equipment, extreme mobility, telekinesis, all of that makes you extremely difficult to kill or survive. 

And anything that CAN hurt you feels like a killshot specifically aimed at you. Catch 22. That's why i don't like templates that grant umpteen immunities.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
Level 5 there's nothing that will really destroy a campaign. I had a build somewhere that had 1 round of windup time and then did somewhere on the level of 80 attacks with +400 damage to each or something. That's all the way at level 20 though.

Foo 4 Ghost 1 (buying off the first level already) goes a long way towards destroying a campaign, though.  The complete immunity to nonmagic equipment, extreme mobility, telekinesis, all of that makes you extremely difficult to kill or survive. 

And anything that CAN hurt you feels like a killshot specifically aimed at you. Catch 22. That's why i don't like templates that grant umpteen immunities.
Exactly.  It'll destroy the campaign.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 07:43:54 PM »
Im not trying to destroy a campaign here.  what will probably happen is i will take it to the point that brakes the campaign before we start playing and then back it off with the DM to a point that everyone will be able to enjoy what ever they play.  but i do like going all out just to see how far a subject can go.  i still have to work on the shapesifter build that some one posted a link to.  Changling works for warshaper correct? i dont have any of the eberron based eratta on my current computer since i havent needed it.

ron

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »
I'd ask your dm about changeling and warshaper, but IIRCC it does qualify, but if it doesn't there's always half doppleganger from drmag 312ish
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2010, 09:30:01 PM »
I'd ask your dm about changeling and warshaper, but IIRCC it does qualify, but if it doesn't there's always half doppleganger from drmag 312ish

if by raw it does qualify im not worried.  like i said i just dont have the ebberon updates anymore ( new Comp) and dont like digging through the messed up wizards page to find the good editions stuff befhind the wall of 4th ed stuff

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2010, 10:01:06 PM »

if by raw it does qualify im not worried.  like i said i just dont have the ebberon updates anymore ( new Comp) and dont like digging through the messed up wizards page to find the good editions stuff befhind the wall of 4th ed stuff
it qualifies.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2010, 10:03:46 PM »

it qualifies.

thank you i thought so.  i may use that for the base race for the shapechanger will need to play around with everything

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2010, 10:49:06 PM »
Changeling does qualify for warshaper but not for shapeshifter if the DM does not consider the minor shapeshift to be a natural alternate form.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2010, 11:20:47 PM »
Changeling does qualify for warshaper but not for shapeshifter if the DM does not consider the minor shapeshift to be a natural alternate form.
being racial he will i just got off the phone with him actually deciding if i want to do ToB or Barbarian/Ranger for the base class.  will post a build sometime tomorow for the shapshifter type and i have one i need to copy paste from a note pad as a barbarian/primeval

ron

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2010, 11:30:13 PM »
Ranger does not really bring anything to the build if you are not going wildshape ranger directly into master of many forms. But barbarian would still be good.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 07:50:26 PM »
okay the two builds i am playing around with at the moment our as follows
Changling
Barbarian 2/ Fighter 2/ Warshaper 4/ Master of Many Forms 7/ xxx 5 (maybe natures warrior or something similiar)

and
Anthromorphic Ape
ape 2 fighter 2 barbarian 2 frenzied beserer 3 bear warrior 1 Primeaval 10

the second build nets me around 60 strength without an enhancment bonus.  (DM will allow Bear Warrior to stack with primeval )

any suggestions or thoughts?
fighter is just in the first build for bonus feats for a Jovar or spike chain ( levels can be dropped without concern if i go with a non exotic weapon )

ron

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »
Your first build is missing the shapeshifter level.

I would go with the first build, it can net you more natural attacks and gives more flexibility, be sure to take the dungeon crasher fighter variant.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 11:16:05 PM »
just some food for thought it may have been explored all ready but lets say i take a human and we will say my class isnt really important but we will use a lion totem barbarian for it.

and now we will add 1 part divine minion.  letting me keep my two feats and giving me Wild Shape of an 11th level druid.  and for my feats we will take alertness and endurance. 

so now i am a barbarian 1 with a level adjust of 1 ( with or without buyoff ) and enough experience to go to 3rd level.  so lets say i go MoMFs for that seeing as how i meet the prereqs all ready......
i guess what i am saying is
Lion Totem Barbarian 1 / MoMF 10 a good 12th level build in comparison to
lion totem barb 4/ warshaper 4 / shapechanger 1 / MoMFs 3?

like i said earlier i want to see how far i can push a build and then work with my DM to get it back to a powerlevel that we agree on

ron