Author Topic: [PATHFINDER] How to make a Dragonblood Warforged Sans Templates?  (Read 2469 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
I had plans for a Warforged Bard4/X1 (ECL5) who takes Words of Creation and Dragonfire Inspiration to make himself uber in melee.  My main problem is lacking the [Dragonblood] subtype since I can't go Dragonborn.

The feat Draconic Heritage (Races of the Dragon 102) grants me this, yet it requires a Sorcerer level.  What other means exist?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Glutton

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: [PATHFINDER] How to make a Dragonblood Warforged Sans Templates?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:36:37 AM »
why cant you go dragonborn? Dm's ruling?

The easiest way is the feat Dragontouched from Dragon Magic Page 18, requires 11 cha, gives dragonblood and some minor bonus's. For extra amusement see if you can convince yourself and others dragonscale husk works with warforged natural armoring

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:46:17 PM »
DM doesn't want us using templates.

My next problem is overcoming the Warforged CHA penalty sans templates.  Magic-Blooded would have worked so well here.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:51:58 PM »
No templates means he'll have to go sorcerer.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 10:11:16 PM »
Dragontouched grants me the Dragonblood subtype.  I need a class to dip for +2 base Will saves.  Sorcerer, Wizard, Arcane Unarmed Swordsage, and others are possible.  Not sure where to go.

Speaking of which:

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 10:41:43 PM »
Isn't there a sorcerer ACF which trades the familiar for Dragontouched? I can't remember if DFA has good Will saves.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Glutton

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 02:49:25 AM »
well pathfinder limits 1 level dip prestige classes to +1 will, I assume you need the base will for words of creation? How about Paladin? +2 will base in pathfinder. Can then add a second level and enjoy your cha to saves, not quite sure where you're going with the build. Wouldn't it be more powerful to just go bard 1 crusader 19 with song of the white raven and just wait for words?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »
A single-level dip in Dragonfire Adept gives Dragontouched as a bonus feat plus an useful invocation.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
Dragontouched
Type: General
Source: Dragon Magic

You have a trace of draconic power, a result of dragons in your ancestry or a spiritual connection between you and the forces of dragon kind.

Prerequisite: Cha 11.
Benefit: You gain the dragonblood subtype. You gain 1 hit point, a +1 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, and a +1 bonus on saving throws against paralysis and sleep effects. In addition, you can select draconic feats as if you were a sorcerer of your character level.

:D

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
This is an arena match.  I wanted to get Good Stuff ASAP.  We start at ECL5.

Speaking of which:

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »
Then Dragontouched is your best bet.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation