Author Topic: SEM00242: 7 Words You Don't Say While Gaming  (Read 3685 times)

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
SEM00242: 7 Words You Don't Say While Gaming
« on: June 24, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »
Join the Gameologists as they lead a seminar dedicated to the 7 Words You Should Never Say While Gaming- our podcast episode released on May 18th

Gameplay should be fun. Collaborative. Positive. But there are words that will bring out the worst emotions in people and will counter the real message you are trying to convey- either names you could call players (Munchkin, Powergamer, Drama Queen, Rules Lawyer, Meta-gamer) or whining to your GM (It's not fair! It's not realistic! You are railroading us!). Learn alternatives to name calling that are just as fun and send the message you mean.

This seminar will be on Friday, August 15th at 11:00 AM in the Embassy Suites Coronation I room.

Do a search for SEM00242 and add it to your cart today!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:43:57 AM by Meg »
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: SEM00242: 7 Words You Don't Say While Gaming
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »
11 AM or 11 PM?  Friday was going to be either my 2nd day of D&D Miniatures "grinding" or my vendor-hall day, but I might have time for yous guys.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 12:44:58 AM »
AM.  You've GOT to come to this.  I'm sure you will have a bunch to chime in with, especially a comment like "Ok, I agree you shouldn't say it at the table, but when you need to tell someone on a message board, I prefer the term [insert PI hilarity here]"
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:30:46 AM »
I know.  It sounds awesome - and totally uncensored! :smirk