Author Topic: Anger of the Wildlands (ARCHIVE)  (Read 38887 times)

Awkward Map

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Anger of the Wildlands
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »
OOC:
[spoiler]
I'm trying to make sure I'm clear on how damage occurred.  There are two hits, in the order of hit (24), critical (32).  Then damage was rolled to be 10, 2.  Isn't the critical applied to the second damage?  Assuming a x3 critical, wouldn't you come out with 10 + (2*3) + 5 sonic?

Fortitude save from being shot. (1d20+13=21)
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2010, 12:19:20 AM »
[spoiler]I rolled the damage and then multiplied the first roll, is actually in opposite order but that's the way I work out critical modifiers.[/spoiler]

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2010, 12:42:59 AM »
Buurk staggers backwards as bullets hit him, one tearing open his side.  "Lady, you made a bad choice."

Charging at her he bears his greatsword high, to cleave her in two.

[spoiler]
Okay, noted.  If there are criticals, the damage rolls are done in the order of: criticals (if any), normal damages.

Soneleus' wind strike works out to 60 feet.  Assuming that he was able to position there, fire, then escape backwards Buurk should be able to move forward to like 60 feet away before entering initiative as well, right?

Greatsword attack. (1d20+12=15)
Greatsword damage. (2d6+10=15)
Claw attacks. (1d20+11=14, 1d20+11=17, 1d20+11=23)
Claw damages. (1d4+5=9, 1d4+5=8, 1d4+5=7)
[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2010, 12:56:13 AM »
Soneleus seems filled with anger, He yells "Ditor" Running after Buurk , and jumping, Firing a shot of wind at the woman while at the peak of his jump.
[spoiler]Move along the corridor and jump Take a ten for 23, Which should be high enough to get a clear shot.
Attack and damage
1d20+5=25, 5d6+2=22
Crit confirm and damage
1d20+5=21, 5d6+2=27
Remember those are touch attacks Should total 49 nonlethal damage  :D
Also new ordo translation added to Char page[/spoiler]
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2010, 02:02:43 AM »
With the small confines of the hallway, Illiarven is forced to squeeze through at a slower pace.

[spoiler]Double move, that is all.[/spoiler]
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2010, 02:16:22 AM »
Only a single of Buurks attacks hits its mark, Soneleus's attacks strike her but again she seems unphased. She calmly takes a step backwards before unloading her gun into Buurk again and quickly reloading.

1d20+12=19, 1d20+12=29, 1d20+12=32 attack rolls
1d20+12=30 Critical

1d12=11, 1d12=8, 1d12=11 damage
2d8=13 Sonic
33+13 sonic , 8, 11

Really she should have had a turn before you managed to let off that blast... meh my fault... at least she is being lucky with those rolls...

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #206 on: July 01, 2010, 02:22:37 AM »
Slowing a bit, Soneleus jumps again, Firing another shot at the woman.
[spoiler]1d20+5=14, 5d6+2=15
Considering that the bolt didn't hurt her, the rolls are more than enough to balance the lightning I got in[/spoiler]
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #207 on: July 01, 2010, 02:28:11 AM »
Buurk lets out a shuddering gasp as the final few bullets hit their mark.  He slumps to the ground a bloody mess.

[spoiler]
Dude.  Not a page ago you said that while powerful, her rifle looked like it took a "while to reload" which was the only reason Buurk charged in.  He realizes that he is very durable, but he's not stupid.

With that damage Buurk drops to -36 HP.  :twitch
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:37:02 AM by Awkward Map »

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2010, 02:29:54 AM »
[spoiler]
Dude.  Not a page ago you said that while powerful, her rifle looked like it took a "while to reload" which was the only reason Buurk charged in.  He realizes that he is very durable, but he's not stupid.

With that damage Buurk drops to -36 HP.  :twitch
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Seconded, they are reloading faster than a heavy crossbow. A heavy crossbow reloads slowly.
However, I have an Idea, That just might work. I was In the air when I shot at her, and wind push pushes directly away. If I can bullrush her enough I can (hopefully retroactively) make her fall prone (what happens when bullrush pushes you into a obstacle, In this case the floor). This would mean she wouldn't have time to reload and shot.
Wind push roll1d20+7=26 :D
Also Dibs on the gun.
In addition to this, my lightning bolt should do at least 10 damage, due to my piercing evocation thing. the otehr 11 damage would heal (I'm assuming mechantix) 3 damage, But I'd still do 7 damage.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:46:17 AM by jojolagger »
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: July 01, 2010, 02:46:05 AM »
Hmm that wasn't good... two critical hits in a row will do that though I suppose.

The gun does appear that it would take a long time to reload
The gun takes a full round to reload normally
down to a standard for breach loading
down to a move for one of her feats

Now: Resurrections will be free if you get out of here, even true resurrection if you manage to disable the tower.
Alternatively we can play the encounter through again, it is more a tactical challenge.... I had assumed you guys would do something other than charge down a strait corridor towards someone with a stupid large gun. 

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2010, 02:49:05 AM »
I dunno...I can see a single barrel falling under all that...but three?
After more thought, I accept the reload time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:40:47 AM by Sohala »
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2010, 03:03:26 AM »
Now: Resurrections will be free if you get out of here, even true resurrection if you manage to disable the tower.
Alternatively we can play the encounter through again, it is more a tactical challenge.... I had assumed you guys would do something other than charge down a strait corridor towards someone with a stupid large gun. 
First. That gun is horrifically overpowered, you should have to reload each barrel separately.
Second. Any chance of my knock her down and retroactively change the last round idea being used?
Third, Aeromancers had an ability added, It basically boosts a single ranged attack. +1 attack per 4 CL, +1d6 damage per 3. Because the aeromancer apparently needed some source of basic damage in their test game. Should I use get that, or do you want me to stick with the aeromancer pre-update?
Fourth, That is a freaking awesome gun, Buurk should disarm her ASAP.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2010, 03:05:54 AM »
[spoiler]Because that's the kind of lethality that she's throwing around.  Three attacks rolling d12s with x3 critical multiplier will destroy things when you start racking up critical hits.

There was some miscommunication as well - what I think of as a while for reloading is a full-round action minimum.  I was picturing the warm-up time for a heavy crossbow and assuming there would be delay between volleys in which to make our move.

Additionally, I'm not sure what tactics we're intended to use in terrain that favors her so greatly.  I mean, it's a 5' corridor that she can keep backing up in and spraying lead in people's faces.  I suppose in retrospect we could tell Zaneak's bear to just get in there and give her a care bear hug until her head pops.  Grappling should solve the problem completely actually.

Edit: Or like jojo says, disarming would be simply hilarious.  Spoiler tagging this.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:26:35 AM by Awkward Map »

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: July 01, 2010, 03:13:13 AM »
Would cost a spell but could be done.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: July 01, 2010, 03:14:07 AM »
[spoiler]As I said, I did not expect people to try and charge down a corridor at someone with a powerful ranged weapon.

What would you expect the reload action for a double barrel shotgun to be? add an extra barrel (+50% time?).
It takes nowhere near the same time to reload even a bolt action gun compared to a crossbow, crossbows require winding.

Not every problem should be solved by charging at it though.

There is also the interesting use of knowledge skills to identify the gun despite it having no attached knowledge
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

However I admit it was a little unfair (not that a DM should be completely fair) and will re run the encounter if you want.
 [/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2010, 03:18:46 AM »
There is also the interesting use of knowledge skills to identify the gun despite it having no attached knowledge
I have knowledge (Architecture and Engineering). If the craft skill is engineering then It should work.
Can I get an answer on the wind-propelled strike thing?
Lets reset, I have a very good Idea this time. What is Buurks average roll for bullrush?
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: July 01, 2010, 03:21:44 AM »
[spoiler]use the most up to date version of the class. [/spoiler]

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2010, 03:25:57 AM »
[spoiler]
Which Knowledge would we roll to figure out what a gun's stats are?

It's hokey speaking as the guy that got downed, but yes, I would like to retry the encounter.  I suppose if there was a way to figure out it was a hand cannon prior to engaging we may have not entered the hallway until we had a plan to deal with the situation.

Lets reset, I have a very good Idea this time. What is Buurks average roll for bullrush?

+6 from strength is all.  If Soleneus identifies it as a plasma cannon, disarming it would be the first thing Buurk would do.  That's four attempts at disarming.

[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2010, 03:29:54 AM »
She has got a bit of a head start and is about 90 feet ahead of you down a long corridor, she turns to look at you and draws her gun. Quickly loading it in the process. Her gun looks strange though, she loads it by snapping the barrel open at the handle and inserting cone shaped bullets rather than the usual round ones. Her gun also seems to have 3 barrels...

Hall is about 100 feet long and 5ft wide, obviously designed to funnel attackers one by one.

Woman: 23
Buurk: 13
Solanus: 6
Zaneak: -2

You get a surprise round because she cant possibly shoot you yet. Notably last time we somehow managed to move and attack in this time but we should do it right.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2010, 03:38:39 AM »
Soneleus steps to the side of the door (out of line of sight, so I can't get shot.), and says, "Get ready, you do not want to be hit with that gun." as wind begins to swirl around him.
[spoiler]5-foot step to be safe, then activate tempest.[/spoiler]
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]