Author Topic: Mighty Arms  (Read 2185 times)

Invictus1988

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Mighty Arms
« on: June 11, 2010, 08:29:37 AM »
i've been looking up Mighty Arms to give to my artificer both for the warforged components and it would be cool flavor.  But i noticed that if i built them myself the spell i'd have to use is Bull's strength but i don't know if i would also get the effects of bull's strength along with the 1d4 slam attack.  I'm assuming no, although it would make sense that i have mechanical arms thus i should be stronger now.  Any clarification would be most welcome.

Vicerious

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Foolish Mortal
    • Email
Re: Mighty Arms
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
You only get the effects listed in the item's description regardless of what spells went into its creation.  The mighty arms graft requires bull's strength to make, but that spell is used up during the construction of the item; the bull's strength bonus doesn't carry over as a property of the item.

Additionally, the mighty arms graft doesn't explicitly let you use warforged components.  Components can only be used by warforged, and the graft doesn't change what you are.  Given that they can be made from arms taken from a warforged, though, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to houserule it so.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:05:45 PM »
You only get the effects listed in the item's description regardless of what spells went into its creation.  The mighty arms graft requires bull's strength to make, but that spell is used up during the construction of the item; the bull's strength bonus doesn't carry over as a property of the item.

Additionally, the mighty arms graft doesn't explicitly let you use warforged components.  Components can only be used by warforged, and the graft doesn't change what you are.  Given that they can be made from arms taken from a warforged, though, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to houserule it so.
Actually they do explicitly let you take Warforged components.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 08:24:44 PM »
The Battlefist component was specifically mentioned, i.e. any Eberron character interested in unarmed damage should get metal arms and go to town. Kalastar can get ectoplasmic fist quori shards. Two size increases = double dice.

Eberron likes monks.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »
Let's face it.  Eberron likes everyone.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.