Author Topic: Boards Enjoyment: pick a lord of hell and FIGHT!  (Read 4312 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Boards Enjoyment: pick a lord of hell and FIGHT!
« on: June 10, 2010, 09:05:51 PM »
Have you ever wondered, "You know what would be really cool? If Asmodeus and Pazazu duked it out!"
Well step right up ladies and gentlemen. This is your chance.

A Simple Build:
[spoiler]Any good native outsider with 13 con (Savage progression aasimar, otherworldly elf, whatever)
Enhanced Summoner Wizard 5 / Malconvoker 9 / Sacred Exorcist 1 / Wizard 3 / x 2

with infernal Bargainer (RoF166) and alternative spell in addition to some other metamagics to DMM your normally arcane spells[/spoiler]

How to Catch'em All:
[spoiler]0  Do a LOT of research including learning truenames, etc. You will also need multiple action abuse or have your cohort to help you perform some of the below

1  Prepare your spells including a contingency to go off right before you finish your implore spell

2  Be in a safe place on the prime with a nicely prepared 'arena' for your guest.

3  conjure some snow to your destination

4  Start casting the Implore spell (Drag Mag 336 p82): transparent with greater planar binding but "target: one elemental or outsider 22 HD or less" and requires the targets true name. Target takes -4cha checks and will saves and makes no efforts to subvert instructions. XP cost of 50*HD meh

5  The cohort or you with rapid spell shenanigans is ready to Gate to whoever / whatever you are going to bind

6  Delay some locate city nukage with fell drain to bestow up to 24 negative levels (depending on how much metamagic you use) to your target

7  Gate back to your location on the prime. Your cohort's spell (or yours) should finish as time resumes and the negative levels have hit. Remember "You do not have to select your target until you finish casting the spell." so, say, Asmodeus' aspect is now fair game (you keep out of range of that aura)

8  Tell the victim contestant to do nothing but stay and wait while taking no actions until you give further instructions. Thanks to Implore, they can't subvert your commands  :twitch

9  Repeat the above for your contestant number 2 (sleep if needed)

10 Tell the two fight each other to the death without leaving the arena and whoever wins gets to go home.  :bigeye

Note: the extra energy-draining work is only required for evil outsiders above 26HD that aren't immune to energy drain. If they are, no dice. Non-evil outsiders or elementals can't be above 22HD, but no one cares about them.[/spoiler]

What to Post
Some good match-ups where people pony up after deciding the strategy the outsider will take to fight the opponent. Posting said strategy gives a heads-up to your enemy.

Match-Up #1: Pazazu vs Asmodeus. Simply post who you want to take and once we've got a few for each, I'll say who I think will do the best job which gives them the green light to roll initiative.

So, who wants to decide Pazuzu's actions?
Who wants to use Asmodeus?

Some resources used
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:18:05 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
Re: Boards Enjoyment: pick a lord of hell and FIGHT!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »
You know, I don't think this actually works as stated. Inside a Timestop, your own actions carry on just the same, meaning you can't abandon your Implore spell without it fizzling.

That said, I do love Planar Binding and Implore for their BROKENNESS. :D
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 11:55:27 PM »
I asked a question on this before posting. And it makes sense to me; since no time occurs during the interrupt, its like it was never interrupted.
[Spoiler]
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:24:42 AM »
So I skipped over all your spoiler stuff, not sure what all it means and I'm pretty sure I don't care.
I seen Pazazu vs Asmodeus and that was all I cared to know. *interested in watching*
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 04:36:30 AM »
I asked a question on this before posting. And it makes sense to me; since no time occurs during the interrupt, its like it was never interrupted.

Time itself doesn't stop. Timestop merely makes you go all that much faster, so to your perception everything else stops. Your own own Time stays exactly the same.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 05:57:45 AM »
Time itself doesn't stop.
Excuse the catgirls, but to an outside observer, it pretty much does. But even if the magic is interrupted too long via this method there are other ways to get the same usage here: synchronicity abuse, chronocharms+rapidspell, belt of battle, etc. I'm just keeping it simple. The steps are doable RAW, I just don't feel like taking more hours on this than I already have put in.

Back on topic. Who wants Pazazu?  :smirk
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 08:15:07 AM »
I Choose you, Demogorgon!

Oh, and what book is Pazuzu in? I need to know a little about him if I am to chose him.

Ok I found him you want to pit a CR 32 against a CR 24 and see who wins?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:32:39 AM by Mixster »
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 06:35:48 PM »
Technically, Pazuzu has Pun-pun on his side, so...
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »
Time itself doesn't stop.
Excuse the catgirls, but to an outside observer, it pretty much does. But even if the magic is interrupted too long via this method there are other ways to get the same usage here: synchronicity abuse, chronocharms+rapidspell, belt of battle, etc. I'm just keeping it simple. The steps are doable RAW, I just don't feel like taking more hours on this than I already have put in.
Wouldn't it just be easier to describe it as "use multiple action abuse" or "have your cohort perform the rest" instead of breaking both RAW and RAI with your method?

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 07:14:06 PM »
instead of breaking both RAW and RAI with your method?
... yo dawgz I heard u lik simple QA fo yo shiznizle.

Fine. Your quote is used. Now can the nitpickers of the world disband and have some fun?

you want to pit a CR 32 against a CR 24
Wrong on both accounts. Its CR22 (FCI 76) vs CR27 (FCII 155). And yes... for the first matchup. After that feel free to suggest a better matchup, if you have one
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:22:44 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

Archao

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 08:21:34 PM »
Whoops, wrong place.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 08:34:04 PM »
Everyone vs. Dispater in Dis?
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 10:30:40 AM »
you want to pit a CR 32 against a CR 24
Wrong on both accounts. Its CR22 (FCI 76) vs CR27 (FCII 155). And yes... for the first matchup. After that feel free to suggest a better matchup, if you have one

Ah, I referenced the Book of Vile Darkness versions, which are 32 and 24 respectively.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 07:33:49 PM »
They get pulled out of their hiding place  :love. So find someone you'd like to battle him.

I'm surprised no one has said "PICK ME! I WANNA PWN PAZAZU AS ASMODEUS. THAT BASTARD IS GONNA PAY FOR MAKING PUN-PUN!"  :lmao
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 07:45:33 PM »
They get pulled out of their hiding place  :love. So find someone you'd like to battle him.

I'm surprised no one has said "PICK ME! I WANNA PWN PAZAZU AS ASMODEUS. THAT BASTARD IS GONNA PAY FOR MAKING PUN-PUN!"  :lmao
Pazuzu vs Kurtulmak would have been...interesting.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »
Kurtulmak would have been...interesting.
Source?
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »
Source?
Chief Kobold deity from god-knows-where.

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »
Source?
He is fully statted out in Deities and Demigods.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 12:42:29 PM »
Source?

Turn 1, Kurtulmak uses PaO, he is now Pun-Pun.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:11:22 PM by Mixster »

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 11:37:29 PM »
Source?

Turn 1, Kurtulmak uses PaO, he is now Pun-Pun.
I enjoy creativity, but not dirty tricks. Makes me want to fix'em

But seriously no one wants to pick a hell lord? What's wrong with everyone...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 08:58:32 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]