Author Topic: Treantmonk's Guide to Pathfinder Rangers  (Read 23931 times)

Treantmonklvl20

• Curious George
    • Email
Treantmonk's Guide to Pathfinder Rangers
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:49:32 AM »
I have completed some Pathfinder Guides.  They are available at the Pathfinder SRD under custom content "Treantmonk's lab"

The Guides are made with a Google Document, which is really, I've discovered, the best way to do a handbook.  Doing handbooks on Forums like this one require long periods of dealing with the various tags (which, if you are unlucky enough to be on Gleemax - change).

With a Google Doc, you just make the Handbook like a Word Processor, making it easier to work with images, sizes, colour and fonts.
For those reasons, I'm just going to post a link:

Treantmonk's Guide to Pathfinder Rangers

Feel free to post comments or responses here, I will check in regularly.
If you wish to discuss the merits or pitfalls of Pathfinder, I would be happy to do so, but please keep this thread for comments/questions regarding Pathfinder Ranger optimization.  Thanks!

Treantmonk
If at first you don't succeed - maybe failure is your style.

deuxhero

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Treantmonk's Guide to Pathfinder Rangers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 12:04:16 AM »
I like you giving stars as well as colors, helps people who have difficulty distinguishing the colors used.

Ed-Zero

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 12:19:42 PM »
Glad to see your working on Pathfinder stuff now.

Also, the Pathfinder manyshot is pretty insane if you happen to have sneak attack as well. EVERY time you use it, it applies your SA damage to your first arrow only. Huge increase in damage. When I saw what they did with it, it blew me away :D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:37:21 PM by Ed-Zero »

Treantmonklvl20

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 07:57:05 PM »
Glad to see your working on Pathfinder stuff now.

Also, the Pathfinder manyshot is pretty insane if you happen to have sneak attack as well. EVERY time you use it, it applies your SA damage to your first arrow only. Huge increase in damage. When I saw what they did with it, it blew me away :D

Hey EZ - been awhile.

Manyshot is quite nice in Pathfinder, particularly that it can be used in conjunction wiith Rapid shot.

Gives a little less to arrow skirmishers - but hey, never really played those anyways.

Can't say I find SA to be a great investment with manyshot, as you say, it adds to 1st arrow only.  Instead far better to look for damage bonuses that apply to both arrows.  Favored Enemy, deadly aim, arcane strike, "mighty" composite bow str damage - etc.  Rangers can use 3 or 4 of those examples (no arcane strike naturally) - so pretty good overall.

Ed-Zero

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 10:36:36 PM »
Yeah, I know it's definitely been a while haha.

I'm not seeing how Manyshot & Rapid Shot can be used together.. did I totally overlook the fact that Rapid Shot adds a additional attack when full attacking instead of being it's own full attack. Man, cannot believe that!

I brought up Manyshot using SA cause I'm in a game right now where in a couple of levels, i'll be adding SA damage with it so for me, it's totally great. Oh yeah, I'm playing a Stalker of Kharesh, gotta love Favored Enemy: Evil, haha.. The next couple levels will be fantastic.

Treantmonklvl20

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »
Stalker of Karesh + Archer = awesome.

The_Shaman

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 01:56:29 PM »
Hello world,

May we hole to see an updated edition to the guide now that the APG is out? It has... a lot of class options for rangers that are worth discussing :)  - not to mention everything else about everyone else, but rangers are my favourite class.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:06:06 PM by The_Shaman »