Author Topic: More than one 5 foot step a round  (Read 3970 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: More than one 5 foot step a round
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 03:02:24 AM »
I'm thinking of using martial scripts for Press the Advantage; you can get it for 2250 gp.
Press the Advantage is a stance, not a maneuver. Further more, martial scripts only ever grant 1 use of a maneuver. They don't let one "learn" manuevers.

Just get the stance. It's very useful for what you are doing.

Huh, I saw the following, and I assumed:
Using a script does not allow you to break the normal usage rules for maneuvers. For example, if you would normally be limited to using one stance at a time, that restriction still applies.
The part in bold lead me to assume you can make martial scripts of stances (which I was well aware that Press The Advantage was a set member), which would save me ~3 feats or more. The other thing is that stances last as long as you want them to; all it takes is using up your swift action each turn, and you're golden: a single scroll would supply you coverage for an entire day.

The thing is, you don't really need Press The Advantage, its just nice to have, so my plan was to have this kind of build function like a scout/messenger (very few mundane enemies can stop their movement, so they can deliver messages across even the most crowded battlefields. Yes, I'm aware wizards can already do this, but a fighter is relatively cheap, and the core of this can be pulled off by a human fighter 1 [The two Reflexes feats], and fighter 1s tend to go for very little. of course, nice stuff comes by fighter 12, in which case, read ahead...) or you could model Rincewind (you know who I'm talking about.)

I had a little scenario in my head playing when I was thinking of this, and I saw a fighter with this feat build+Called Boots of the Light Step (that was the name) escaping prison; he simply Light Stepped out of the cell and evaded all of the guards (he was down the hallway already...)

The thing is, this only takes 7 feats minimum, so compared to a human fighter's normal 19, so you can fit this in any build you want, so I probably don't have to worry about three feats to get Press The Advantage...

I am going to look at dervish, and probably will add it.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 05:05:50 AM »
I haven't read the full thread, but in the MiC, somewhere after page 75 there are the Boots of Sidestepping, which allow an unrestricted 5' step. (As in, after movement or after a first 5' or whatever.)
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 05:13:28 AM »
I haven't read the full thread, but in the MiC, somewhere after page 75 there are the Boots of Sidestepping, which allow an unrestricted 5' step. (As in, after movement or after a first 5' or whatever.)

Yep, I've already added them. I still think the Bracers of Opportunity (you know, the ones that grant AoOs?) are more versatile, though they can't be used that often.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 11:07:07 AM »
The other thing is that stances last as long as you want them to; all it takes is using up your swift action each turn, and you're golden: a single scroll would supply you coverage for an entire day.
Wrong.  You need to use a Swift action to begin or end a stance, not to maintain it.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.