Author Topic: Feats and other silliness. PEACH  (Read 3425 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Feats and other silliness. PEACH
« on: June 05, 2010, 02:31:58 AM »
Alright, what a deal I have for you today! I've got a bunch of stuff that is only tenuously related for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!

FEATS:
New feat catagory: Metafeats
A metafeat is a feat that alters the prerequisites, type, or effect of a feat. They sometimes do not cost a feat slot; if that is the case, they have a different associated cost, and only one can be taken at any given feat-gaining level. (This is huge for fighters). You may not use Psychic Reformation or DCFS to change these for normal feats.

A Little Variety [metafeat]
Prerequisites: Ability to take a bonus feat.
Benefits:You may select your next bonus feat from the set of all feats you qualify for, not just those on the bonus feat list for your class. When this feat is taken, your hit dice for that level is decreased by one size; for example, a fighter could take this and Shape Soulmeld as a Bonus Feat, but would only get a d8 for a hit dice that level.
Special:You may take this feat twice. It does not take up a feat slot

Hell of a Lot of Variety [metafeat]
Prerequisites: Ability to take a bonus feat, You must have taken A Little Variety twice, you must be at least 5th level
Benefits: All future bonus feats you gain can be selected from the set of all feats you are eligible for, instead of your class' Bonus Feat list. Your hitdice are permanently reduced by one size; you also gain half benefit from whatever modifier grants you bonus health. For example, a fighter, with a constitution modifier of +4, after taking this metafeat would have a d8 hitdice and would only gain 2 bonus hit points from constitution on levels where he gains bonus feats
Special: This feat does not take up a feat slot.

Impatient Learner [metafeat]
Benefits: You may use this metafeat to replace one feat as a prerequisite for another feat. You do not gain the benefit of the original feat. For example, Exceptional Artisan could be taken if you took this feat, even if you do not have any item crafting feats.
Special: You may take this feat only once, and you can not use it to substitute for a feat if one of the other feats required to gain that feat is one that you used this feat to skip prerequisites for. You may not use this feat to qualify for other metafeats, unless they specifically call for this feat.

Typechanger [metafeat]
Prerequisites: Must have feats from at least 2 feat catagories, must be level 6
Benefits: All feats you take this level are treated as if they count as every single feat catagory you can qualify for. In exchange, the first time you take this metafeat, select a feat catagory you qualify for; you may not take a feat from that category unless you are using the Forbidden Catagory metafeat. You must select another forbidden catagory on every odd use of this metafeat thereafter.
Special: You may take this feat as many times as the number of feat categories you are eligible for minus one. You keep the benefit from feats of a forbidden catagory that you already have. This metafeat does not take up a feat slot.

Forbidden Catagory [metafeat]
Prerequisites: Typechanger, Impatient Learner
Benefits: Instead of using Impatient Learner's ability to skip prerequisites, you may instead use it to access feats that are within one of your forbidden catagories, chosen at when this metafeat is taken.
Special: When Impatient Learner is used like this, you may only gain the use of the feats you gain 1 hour each day (does not have to be continuous.)

And Now for Something Completely Different:

VESTIGE BOUND
You see a humanoid skeleton in front of you. Well, humanoid except for those rams horns on it's head. You run towards it, hoping to smash it to smithereens, and are surprised when it breaths fire at you.
A vestige Bound is a mindless undead creature that was created by binding a vestige into a corpse or skeleton. The vestige, which has no control over the undead's behavior, uses it's abilites to provoke enemies into destroying the Vestige Bound, thus freeing it from the strictures of a mindless body.

Creating a Vestige Bound
A Vestige Bound is an inherited Template added when the undead is being created. The maker must place the body that is to be resurrected on a flat surface that has been marked by a vestige's summoning circle that is no more than a minute old; the body must also be marked by the same symbol, right in the middle of it's forehead. A vestige is summoned as normal, but then enters into a Pact with the prepared body. As the body is incapable of Charisma checks, the Vestige enters into a bad pact with the corpse, animating it. Due to the fact that the corpse is mindless, the vestige may not apply influence to it's actions, which are completely mandated by the necromancer; however, should the undead lose the mindless (ex) ability, the influence immediately starts showing. At all times, the undead it marked with that vestige's sign. Normally, this undead only lasts one 24 hour period; however, if the necromancer uses up 50gp worth of black onyx to draw the pact symbol, the bind lasts as long as the undead has hit points. In addition, the Vestige bound undead takes up a number of extra HD of undead control equal to the level of the vestige bound. The Necromancer must have enough levels to bind the chosen vestige normally. The Necromancer must be able to control undead to create a Vestige Bound.
Special Attacks: A Vestige Bound retains all special attacks from the base creature, and also gains all the attack abilities that would be gained by a binder binding the animating vestige. It also gains:
  Influence Strike: Whenever a Vestige Bound hits an enemy in melee combat, the enemy struck must roll a will save aginst the original binding DC of the bound vestige, or show the vestige's influnce for the next 10 rounds. This is a mind affecting ability.
Special Qualities: A Vestige Bound retains all special qualities from the base creature, and also gains the following.
  • Divine Resistance: A Vestige Bound has Turn Resistance equal to the level of the bound vestige.
  • Vestige Beneficial Abilities: A Vestige Bound gains all abilites granted by the vestige, excepting those that grant bonuses to intelligence-based skills, that do not fall under the heading of attacks.
  • Bound Privileges: A  Vestige Bound has the benefit of the Pact Augmentation ability of a binder of the minimum level necessary to bind the bound vestige, chosen at creation by the Necromancer
Challenge Rating: Depending on Vestige Level: 1-3: +1, 4-6: +2, 7+8: +3

I hope you enjoy. I would like some feedback on these.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:16:28 PM by Amechra »
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: Feats and other silliness. PEACH
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »
I just found this again!

Please, review. I'll give my thoughts looking back later.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing