Author Topic: Nonclass ways of gaining a domain?  (Read 2026 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Nonclass ways of gaining a domain?
« on: June 04, 2010, 03:58:54 AM »
Are there any?
I'm asking because I would like to make a fighter based off luck rerolls, and if I can get luck domain, that's an easy 3/day reroll for anything, the ability to fix low rolls, bonuses to AC...
Also, is there any way short of homebrew/high level magic that a fighter could gain bonus featsnot on the fighter list.

Please answer; this will be helpful.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Glutton

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Nonclass ways of gaining a domain?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 04:19:38 AM »
Stealing or Bribing would be a non - class way to get one.  :D

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 04:23:20 AM »
feat: Planar Touchstone - Catalogues of Enlightenment (Planar Handbook)
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Dragonamedrake

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 04:36:52 AM »
I know of one way to gain the Domain power (which is want you want anyway)...

The Feat - Planar Touchstone (The Catalogues of Enlightenment)

It requires an object from the plane Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus worth 250 gold and 8 ranks in Knowlege of the Planes. ... it also requires that you reach the plane and go to the Catalogues of Enlightenment and win a debate with a philosopher there ( 25% chance each of Knowledge Arcane/nature/religion/the planes). The philosopher has a +18 to his roll.

This might seem a pain but in reality it should be easy to get a bloated bonus to your check if get help from the party. Getting there will require an arcane caster or gold to buy a hop over there.

However you gain the Domain power of one Cleric Domain you choose and can cast a spell from that domain once a day. Not a bad deal.

** Beat to the punch!

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »
Domain Draughts from MIC too, albeit only temporarily.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 12:37:03 AM »
Thanks!

Say, can you give me more information on the Domain Droughts? I don't own the MiC, so I can't look them up.

Wait, when that drought runs out, can you drink another one to act like you hadn't used it up in the first place?

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 12:52:23 AM »
Sovereign archetypes.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 01:08:38 AM »

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 01:54:04 AM »
Sovereign Archetypes are in Dragons of Eberron.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 02:34:07 AM »
Damn it, I don't own DoE.

Can you give me a detailed explanation, cutting out the flavor so that the lawyers can't stop you?

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 02:38:44 AM »
True dragons can select a from a few archetypes, which have effects such as adding a couple of domains (or druid casting) to your spell list, at the price of removing cleric casting or racial hd size or whatever.  There are a lot of them, of which loredrake is the most notorious.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 03:30:06 AM »
HMMM, intriguing...
Any way you can get a human to count as a dragon, for the pur[ose of obtaining an archetype?
Also, how goes the "Unlimiting fighter bonus feats" project type thing? (Review my OP).

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »
HMMM, intriguing...
Any way you can get a human to count as a dragon, for the pur[ose of obtaining an archetype?
Also, how goes the "Unlimiting fighter bonus feats" project type thing? (Review my OP).
Nope, you have to be a True Dragon to take them. Dragonwrought Kobolds work however.