Author Topic: Bard/Swiftblade  (Read 7236 times)

Jopustopin

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Bard/Swiftblade
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 10:18:06 PM »
That is interesting...  Currently I'm doing:

Bard 7/Swiftblade 1/Crusader 1/Swiftblade 9/Bard 1/Crusader 1

If I take Expeditious dodge at 3rd level, Mobility at 6th, Song of the White Raven at 9th, words of creation at 12, I could take Martial Study (Desert Wind) at 15th, then take Desert Wind Dodge at 18th and (as the feat says) switch Expeditious Dodge for some other feat that I meet the prerequisites for.  At level 15 my initiator level would be 8 for Crusader.  I looked through the martial maneuvers and they don't seem to be all that.  I'm not sure it's entirely worth it to be honest.  Am I missing something?

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Bard/Swiftblade
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »
That is interesting...  Currently I'm doing:

Bard 7/Swiftblade 1/Crusader 1/Swiftblade 9/Bard 1/Crusader 1

If I take Expeditious dodge at 3rd level, Mobility at 6th, Song of the White Raven at 9th, words of creation at 12, I could take Martial Study (Desert Wind) at 15th, then take Desert Wind Dodge at 18th and (as the feat says) switch Expeditious Dodge for some other feat that I meet the prerequisites for.  At level 15 my initiator level would be 8 for Crusader.  I looked through the martial maneuvers and they don't seem to be all that.  I'm not sure it's entirely worth it to be honest.  Am I missing something?

Even Thicket of Blades on its own is worth those Crusader levels. Add in Song of the White Raven and White Raven tactics, and there you have it.