Author Topic: Psychic Warrior Expansion  (Read 1646 times)

Banaticus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Psychic Warrior Expansion
« on: May 31, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »
Doesn't this increase your size category or give you more reach?  Even at 200% size increase, it doesn't seem to and I thought it did.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Psychic Warrior Expansion
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 02:23:31 PM »
Quote from: SRD
This power causes instant growth, doubling your height, length, and width and multiplying your weight by 8. This increase changes your size category to the next larger one. You gain a +2 size bonus to Strength, a -2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum effective Dexterity score of 1), a -1 size penalty on attack rolls, and a -1 size penalty to Armor Class due to your increased size.

If your new size is Large or larger, you have a space of at least 10 feet and a natural reach of at least 10 feet.
Where, exactly, lies the problem?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Banaticus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:07:39 PM »
Ok, I was looking at the Psionics Handbook instead of the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »
Ok, I was looking at the Psionics Handbook instead of the Expanded Psionics Handbook.
Yeah, that's a pretty big difference - AFAIK, the Psionics Handbook is 3.0, and psionics was very different in 3.0. I don't know the details since I started with 3.5, but I'm given to understand that the changes were for the better.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
I don't remember exactly how reach was handled in 3.0, but I know weapon sizes were handled differently.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]