Author Topic: MUNDO WILL GO WHERE HE PLEASES  (Read 5512 times)

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
Re: MUNDO WILL GO WHERE HE PLEASES
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »
There is a feat in I think PHB 2 that lets you make an extra thrown weapon attack as part of a charge.  Actually pretty useful when you remember that Bolas and Nets are thrown weapons.

And when lighting oneself on fire at level 18+, the Phoenix Belt soulmeld is always a fun one.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 10:42:12 PM »
Check and check on the feats Controlled Immolation and having a Phoenix Belt

So far it's shaping up like Feral Half-Ogre Barbarian/Totemist/Totem Rager/Hulking Hurler. Int probably goes to about 3, but who cares? I'm mundo.

EDIT: Eww, standard action fire damage. Nothing passive? SKIP Vitality belt looks nice though, if I had a good Meldshaper level I'd get it and that Azure Toughness feat. Then again, Incarnum is probably not the best for this character, as centering a build around 1 ability that I always want rather than the versatility of incarnum sounds decidedly sub-optimal.

That charge feat is perfect, and I can just retrieve my weapon when I get to my destination. No need for returning (which sucks anyway).

Warshaper doesn't fit the character at all, and I have no idea how I'd qualify.

Finally, what the hell is Tarngrim the Vigilant?

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 10:55:58 PM »
I should make Mundo a gestalt Truenamer, just so that once a round I can attempt to quicken an utterance by saying "Mundo." Mundo says his own name a lot, or else he forget. Sometimes when mundo says his name, things happen. Dead things.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 10:57:05 PM »
Tahngarth (looked up the spelling). He was a M:tG character during the Invasion block.

Though my google is not finding the gloves. :/

Edit: different guy. My brain word-associated the two. I was closer with Tarngrim.

"Gloves of Taarnahm the Vigilant (PGtF, 10,000 gp)"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:01:21 PM by skydragonknight »
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2010, 11:22:08 PM »
Does Hood count?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »
Does Hood count?

No Tome of Battle, so it would have to be a lesser Hood.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 12:31:28 AM »
I want a Barbarian build. But I want it to do a few odd things:

I want it to throw cleavers real good. Preferably while on the move. Probably no bloodstorm blade, but it might fly.
Telekinesis
I want it to have stacks of HP and stacks of damage without using a 2handed weapon. 2 weapons is fine.
Faerie Mysteries initiate.  And telekinesis.
Movement speed is paramount to success. Armor class can go suck a duck.
60' perfect fly with air heritage
I want to have regeneration, and the ability to regenerate even more if necessary, but I don't know how.
Swallow some black sand and/or buy one of the autoreset inflict light wounds traps from core.  Doesn't even need to be custom.  Add on evolved undead for racial
I want to have most of this stuff at a reasonable level. The regeneration (or fast healing, I'm versatile) should probably be racial (mainly because I can't think of a way to get it otherwise).
Available at third, which can immediately be bought off, then evolved can be bought off at sixth, then get another at nine.
Not necessary, but it would be fun if I could effectively deal damage to someone by lighting myself on fire. Even if it did break my regeneration.
Believe there's an item from MIC that lets you do that.  Possibly some sort of weapon of legacy ability as well?  Or maybe persisting body of the sun.

EDIT: Mundo is immune to most things
Incorporeal + undead will do that for you
EDIT: Most importantly, Mundo is purple and he takes steroids.
Steroids?  Those things will kill you.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:36:13 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 12:36:17 AM »
Even though all of those are correct none of them are helpful, because Mundo does not cast spells, Except maybe fire shield. Nor Fly. Nor is he undead. And he is absolutely not smart.

Also, by "most things" I didn't mean stuff like damage, I meant like slowing, stunning, paralyzing, or at least he is extremely resistant. Should have clarified.

Truenaming is a promising source of plentiful regeneration, or it would be, if it weren't impossible. I'm looking for the ability to gain a burst of fast healing at no action cost.

I want to basically retain maximum effectiveness all day while being able to do all these things. If it's impossible to do this without tome of battle, just say so now.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 12:37:32 AM »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 12:39:26 AM »
Troll Blooded + Horizon Walker?
Add on Half red dragon & Half green dragon for no lethal damage.
Could get a size increase with an enlarge person item for 4k.
Could get fast healing with a lesser vigor item for 8k.
If you grab Horizon Walker, that means we already have endurance so lets get steadfast determination, yay for dumping wisdom.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 01:00:28 AM »
Check and check on the feats Controlled Immolation and having a Phoenix Belt

So far it's shaping up like Feral Half-Ogre Barbarian/Totemist/Totem Rager/Hulking Hurler. Int probably goes to about 3, but who cares? I'm mundo.

EDIT: Eww, standard action fire damage. Nothing passive? SKIP Vitality belt looks nice though, if I had a good Meldshaper level I'd get it and that Azure Toughness feat. Then again, Incarnum is probably not the best for this character, as centering a build around 1 ability that I always want rather than the versatility of incarnum sounds decidedly sub-optimal.

That charge feat is perfect, and I can just retrieve my weapon when I get to my destination. No need for returning (which sucks anyway).

Warshaper doesn't fit the character at all, and I have no idea how I'd qualify.

Finally, what the hell is Tarngrim the Vigilant?

Someone missed the point of phoenix belt.  You set yourself ON FIRE for fast healing 1.  How is that not awesome?  Plus, disincentive for anyone to grapple you.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
  • "I do not exist," we faithfully insist.
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 01:05:06 AM »
Play my favorite race: Incarnate Construct Dragonborn of Bahamut Lolth-Touched Feral Warforged Mineral Warrior

LA +0

Now help my feat/item thread. It's one below.
Mine's been a yard carefully surface-tended, foxes burrowed underground.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 01:26:06 AM »
I count +4 LAs there. Unless you apply incarnate construct twice... still LA+2

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 03:13:36 AM »
Hood has non-ToB builds.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 03:38:35 AM »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 01:05:24 PM »
Warlock fiendish flamewreathe ACF in phb2 lets you set yourself on fire, limitedly.

Also, Mantle of Flame from MoI.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 01:33:01 PM »
Thanks McPoyo, Thats exactly what I was looking for (I knew it was in there somewheres).

Also I did see that it gives you fast healing, but when Mundo is on fire, he deals damage to himself. Plus any useful effect requires a chakra bind, which I won't have. I suppose I could invest the levels or feats to get both tho. I still can't seem to find a way to make lighting MYSELF on fire hurt my enemies.

Healing Soul might be useful, again, if it weren't so gimp. I need a way to heal about 1/4 of my health in a single round at no appreciable action cost, like a swift action if possible.

EDIT: If i could somehow make this character able to hit a DC 70 truenaming check on a regular basis...

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 03:05:17 PM »
Thanks McPoyo, Thats exactly what I was looking for (I knew it was in there somewheres).

Also I did see that it gives you fast healing, but when Mundo is on fire, he deals damage to himself. Plus any useful effect requires a chakra bind, which I won't have. I suppose I could invest the levels or feats to get both tho. I still can't seem to find a way to make lighting MYSELF on fire hurt my enemies.

Healing Soul might be useful, again, if it weren't so gimp. I need a way to heal about 1/4 of my health in a single round at no appreciable action cost, like a swift action if possible.

EDIT: If i could somehow make this character able to hit a DC 70 truenaming check on a regular basis...
Mantle of Flame isn't the same as the other soulmeld mentioned. This one is a cloak of fire that deals damage to people attacking you/while grappling, and it's pumpable. No chakra bind needed.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 03:16:43 PM »
The second part was referring to phoenix belt, but if I were confused on that issue, I'd have appreciated your clarification  :p

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »
The second part was referring to phoenix belt, but if I were confused on that issue, I'd have appreciated your clarification  :p
My bad, I just got rained on quite heavily at work, and confused your reference in my soppy wetness. I hate when people argue with me about pools and lightning in Florida.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]