Author Topic: Campaign Thread II: The Sequel  (Read 87271 times)

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Campaign Thread II: The Sequel
« Reply #980 on: July 18, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »
"Ya we are hear to rekill the dead" Joseph says
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #981 on: July 18, 2010, 09:51:18 PM »
"Yays!"

Hezekiah says "The dead stuff usually doesn't come round till nightfall.  You prolly wanna get some rest afore then."

They lead you to a three huts.

"Everyone who lived here has been killed, so you can bed down here.  Sorry, but it's all we got.  What do you need?  Anyone hungry?  We probably have some sort of stew available along with fresh river water."

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #982 on: July 19, 2010, 03:26:11 AM »
"Knowing the place is crawling with undead, I think I'll pass on drinking the local water... no offense..."

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #983 on: July 19, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »
"No kidding."

Mustave takes a nap while the sun is still out.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #984 on: July 19, 2010, 02:31:14 PM »
Savorel decides that Mustave's idea of sleeping when it is light out (and therefore the undead are less likely to be roaming about) is a good notion and joins him, expressing sincere regret over not trusting the village's water to be free of an undead taint. "You might want to try boiling the water before you drink it, just in case there it contains a taint that heat may remove."

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #985 on: July 19, 2010, 05:38:39 PM »
Teo, never one to give up a chance to rest, sits down beside them and drifts off to sleep.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #986 on: July 19, 2010, 05:40:42 PM »
Kintal gets bored.  I mean really bored.  I mean so bored that you can't even imagine because he's a cat (even though he doesn't look like one right now).  So he starts poking around the village.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #987 on: July 19, 2010, 05:58:03 PM »
Bartholomeow will refrain from eating or drinking anything other than what he has with him. He will then seclude himself to a corner of the hut before asking his allies to refrain from making a lot of noise as he meditates and begins preparing the spells he will need.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #988 on: July 19, 2010, 07:30:52 PM »
Kintal gets bored.  I mean really bored.  I mean so bored that you can't even imagine because he's a cat (even though he doesn't look like one right now).  So he starts poking around the village.

"Hi Mister.  You ain't from 'round these parts. You here fer the dead folks?  Gotta warn you they go straight fer the nipples."

THis appears to be a 6 year old human boy saying this.  A thumb is in his nose.  Your not sure that the fact that it's his own thumb should console you any.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #989 on: July 19, 2010, 07:45:22 PM »
Eating lightly, Zachary packs his things into the pouch along his back, which looks rather furrier than he usually likes, and decides to check the cities border, the houses farthest out, any rivers or streams that might slow undead down, anything. He looks at the town as a fortifiable position. He just wished that he had five... no, six more samurai with him. This could go quite easily with the numerous allies he had.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #990 on: July 19, 2010, 09:34:20 PM »
The village was not designed by a military mind.  It's just random huts and buildings thrown up where ever their owners decided to build them.  They build them on high ground at least, so there's not as much danger of flooding from teh river.  In theory with enough work it could be fortified, but you'll need time and people.  Lot's of people.  It would also help if you knew how many bad guys there were.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #991 on: July 19, 2010, 11:21:11 PM »
Kintal grins.  "Well that's okay because I don't have any nipples."
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #992 on: July 19, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »
Kintal grins.  "Well that's okay because I don't have any nipples."

"Eeeeeeeewwwww...."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #993 on: July 20, 2010, 12:57:51 AM »
The day passes uneventfully.  As night starts to come on a quick supper is served and fires are built.  The most able bodied men of the village arm themselves with spears and hatchets and ask what you'd like them to do.  Honestly they don't really look like awesome fighters...they look more like cannon fodder...

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #994 on: July 20, 2010, 02:44:31 AM »
"okay the men should stay back and we should get all the women and children in one hut so it will be easier to defend them all " Joseph says thinking strategacaly
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #995 on: July 20, 2010, 04:32:07 AM »
"Yes, stay in the hut. In case we all die, there is a necessary last line of defense."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #996 on: July 20, 2010, 03:20:15 PM »
They look massively relieved "So you don't need our help fighting?"

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #997 on: July 20, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »
"If we do, I'll take that as a failure on our part."
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #998 on: July 20, 2010, 03:34:19 PM »
Kintal pipes up, "I'll need something to wash the taste out of my mouth though."
Notes to self

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #999 on: July 20, 2010, 03:43:36 PM »
They leave you some supplies and scurry off to be with their wives and children.  The silence weighs in heavily with only the occasional animal call or scampering in the bushes.

A really fluffy raccoon pops out and stares at you before yelling back into the underbrush "Hey Leon!  Leon, they found more people!  Oh man, you guys are fucked.  Can we have your stuff when you die?"

He then leaps back into the bushes.