Author Topic: Campaign Thread II: The Sequel  (Read 87256 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Campaign Thread II: The Sequel
« Reply #940 on: July 15, 2010, 05:07:35 PM »
"Are we going for a consensus, or just six votes?" :p
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #941 on: July 15, 2010, 06:12:54 PM »
bhu
[spoiler]i don't think the guy should know i am a blob remember[/spoiler]

I modified it

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #942 on: July 16, 2010, 12:44:25 AM »
"Hey, guys.  Can we get a consensus so these people will SHUT THE HELL UP!

Oh...  I said that last part out loud, didn't I?

Seriously people, calm down.  We might be able to help all of you.  Personally, I'd say lets go handle the undead first, and keep our eyes open for any potential prospects for our lovely scaly lady here.  Agree?"

ooc: THey were yelling at everyone who is applying for work.  think of them as barkers in front of a crowd which they are).

The poor villagers asking for Undead help immediately latch on to you.
"You can stop gandma from eating people? Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!"

The medusa also looks you up (and you notice shes wearing ruby spectacles)

"So what are your qualifications as potential mate finders?"

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #943 on: July 16, 2010, 01:02:44 AM »
"Well... I know a guy who might be interested, he's new in town. I'll send him your way."
[spoiler]So, later I come back w/out the ring on and introduce myself as myself! GENIUS!

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #944 on: July 16, 2010, 01:48:22 AM »
"I've been weeding out liars since I was 5. If I can't get a sense of people I'd be dead."

[spoiler]So, later I come back w/out the ring on and introduce myself as myself! GENIUS!
[spoiler]And because your in the alt form your not yourself now. Also they don't know I am dead![/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:50:22 AM by jojolagger »
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #945 on: July 16, 2010, 03:33:50 AM »
Kintal shakes his head again.  "I'm surrounded by crazy people!"
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #946 on: July 16, 2010, 09:20:28 AM »
ooc: THey were yelling at everyone who is applying for work.  think of them as barkers in front of a crowd which they are).
(They were still being noisy ;))

The poor villagers asking for Undead help immediately latch on to you.
"You can stop gandma from eating people? Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!"
"I'm game, if everyone else is ready."

The medusa also looks you up (and you notice shes wearing ruby spectacles)

"So what are your qualifications as potential mate finders?"
"Hopefully you can help in that department.  The initial request was kind of vague.  I just figure we can ask around while going from here to there and maybe kill two birds with one stone."
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #947 on: July 16, 2010, 11:32:27 AM »
"I've been weeding out liars since I was 5. If I can't get a sense of people I'd be dead."

[spoiler]And because your in the alt form your not yourself now. Also they don't know I am dead![/spoiler]
[spoiler]Double Genius!

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #948 on: July 16, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »
The villagers look at you kind of crestfallen and say "Now we're not really rich...but whatever is creating these things is sure to have money if you wish to plunder him.  We can only ofer a little money."  :bigeye

A random Barbarian in the crowd begins screaming at you.

"You cant find this snake bitch a man.  She'll start shitting out kids everywhere and then we'll be up to our necks in snake bitches."

Medusa: "If I have to come over there and take these spectacles off, it's on.  Remember this platform is legally in limbo, so there ain't no laws here sonny."

Barbarian: "Fuck you anaconda."  He then flashes her

The Medusa zaps him in the groin with rays from her eyes petrifying his member which she promptly walks over, snaps off, and begins beating him with.  You've never seen this before so maybe the glasses let her do it.  Come to think of it you've noticed the crowd around her isn't being stonified...

You assigned kitty companion looks at Radmelon and whispers: "Notes fo future, darn temperamental them snake wives.  I'd get a couple of mating potions if I was you."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #949 on: July 16, 2010, 01:34:21 PM »
 :twitch
Note to self, never anger a medusa.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #950 on: July 16, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »
"At least she doesn't have to worry if her future husband is having trouble gettin it up!"
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #951 on: July 16, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
"Is your Grandma the only undead you're having trouble with? If it's only one undead, I really should only need one or two of you to come with me in case things get dicey."

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #952 on: July 16, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »
"Note to self at froggy's funeral remember to say he was a stupid git." joseph says wondering he can be affected by the medusa
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #953 on: July 16, 2010, 07:55:17 PM »
"Is your Grandma the only undead you're having trouble with? If it's only one undead, I really should only need one or two of you to come with me in case things get dicey."

"Actually no.  It seems almost like anything that dies within a certain radius of the village comes back."

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #954 on: July 16, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
"Note to self at froggy's funeral remember to say he was a stupid git." joseph says wondering he can be affected by the medusa
"I've met scarier women"
[spoiler]Monster manual: Green hag.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #955 on: July 16, 2010, 10:26:08 PM »
As the crowd gets louder and louder eventually the Law shows up and the Sheriff asks "What the hell do you think you're doing Clarice?"

Medusa: "He insulted me."

Sheriff: "And for that you castrate him and beat him with his own dick?  Hell you and the guys used to get into knife fights back in teh day and you never did that."

Medusa: "I'm a little tense lately.  Besides, this platform isn't part of the city so there's no law here technically until I pass the gates."

Sheriff: "That doesn't mean you can castrate people for insulting you.  Bob get this idiot fixed at the temple."

Bob: "She's already fixed him boss."

Sheriff: "The other kind of fixed Bob.  As in healing."

Bob: "Oh yeah.  Sorry."

Sheriff: "Clarice, I'm not gonna  take you in cause the Immigration Dock is Neutral territory, but don't do this again.  You can't beat me in a fight and you know this.  I did put down all 10 of your older sisters you know."

Medusa: "Which nicely freed me up from the competition from those useless bitches.  Fine.  I'll be nice. (Looks at you guys and smiles sweetly)

"So lets talk payment terms.  What is your minimum rate?"  :D

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #956 on: July 16, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »
"This is a bad omen."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #957 on: July 16, 2010, 11:34:15 PM »
"We call in negotiation round these parts." :D

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #958 on: July 16, 2010, 11:42:10 PM »
"Actually no.  It seems almost like anything that dies within a certain radius of the village comes back."
"Does anyone here know how to cast holy magic to prevent that?"

[spoiler]Such as Hallow?  I know none of us can.[/spoiler]
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #959 on: July 17, 2010, 12:20:23 AM »
"Does anyone here know how to cast holy magic to prevent that?"

[spoiler]Such as Hallow?  I know none of us can.[/spoiler]

Assembled blank stares from various barbarians, cutthroats, criminals, adventuring scum, and melee types.