Author Topic: Campaign Thread II: The Sequel  (Read 87569 times)

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
Re: Campaign Thread II: The Sequel
« Reply #880 on: July 09, 2010, 09:57:01 PM »
"Put it on my corpse, I have the greatest mobility and I am one of the smartest in the group."
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #881 on: July 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM »
Zachary knew of a technique long used by ronin, who had lost their names in shame, for providing a plausible alias while on a job. Being a ronin himself, and needing an alias, he decided to employ it. Looking around him, he was trying to pick out a single type of plant, or tree, or shrub even..... and could not see a single god damn example. Eventually, he improvised. "My name will be Rengabei Niju. But for simplicity, Niju-san will do.

"Will we only need simple supplies, food and the like? Or will we best bring rope and flints as well? Since it is likely you know the wilderness we are to face better than we could."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #882 on: July 09, 2010, 10:57:09 PM »
"Newb adventurers usually get simple assignments.  Wipe out marauding beasts.  Catch a few local criminals.  Find some components for spells.  It'll be other people who do weird or complicated stuff.  You won't be killing lycanthropes or trying to catch rapist Unicorns or such."

"Speaking of which that reminds me, the forest has unicorn rapists, and lycanthropes, and some occasional undead.  You should be away from the areas they normally haunt but don't stray too much 'kay?"

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #883 on: July 09, 2010, 11:22:49 PM »
"okay but one question  do the unicorns rape people or do people rape unicorns" joseph asks
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #884 on: July 10, 2010, 12:14:33 AM »
"Generally the Unicorns rape people, but given the rep of the forest all things are possible I guess.  Okay the boys will take you out shopping now to buy whatever you think you'll need.  We've taken care of your stand-ins and your landlords know whats up."

This means the group may now go shopping for equipments.

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #885 on: July 10, 2010, 02:34:24 PM »
"I'll go by the name Ozzy Ozborne"

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #886 on: July 10, 2010, 05:27:58 PM »
"Oh and by the way before you go shopping, pick which ever one of your group is best at bullshitting people.  They'll be doing the talking for the party."

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #887 on: July 10, 2010, 05:35:35 PM »
"I'm pretty good at lying."
[spoiler]+9 to bluff.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #888 on: July 10, 2010, 09:49:24 PM »
"I'm not too bad at it either"

[spoiler]Also +9[/spoiler]
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #889 on: July 11, 2010, 02:05:38 PM »
"Well whichever one of you gets elected, you do all the talking and everyone else just look mean when anyone questions hte group or asks to see papers and such.  It'll be easier to keep the ruse up that way.  You can even pretend not to speak common if you want."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #890 on: July 11, 2010, 03:51:19 PM »
"A Kath'th Shtat Kesheth." says the ghost, smiling.
The voice interjects, "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
"Just ignore it, I have no idea what it said."
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #891 on: July 11, 2010, 04:17:19 PM »
Apparently one of the cats does cause it rears back and points at you while yelling "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!"

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #892 on: July 11, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »
Te oalso understands, having studied the planes in his training. "You don't want to know."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #893 on: July 11, 2010, 06:45:55 PM »
After the hysterical kitty is calmed down you proceed on your way to the shopping district for supplies.  Suprisingly this place has a helluva lot of magical/alchemical items.  But you realize that when a large minority of the city is retired adventurers they prolly have plenty of mages doing research and selling stuff to make money on the side.  You are then taken to the Sheriff's Office and 'registered' as an Adventurers Guild.  You are then asked to go to the Docks where potential hirers will be looking for workers.

There are lots of scruffy, not quite above board weirdos hawking tales of money and woe.

"THE DEAD ARE RISING IN THE VILLAGE! WE NEED HELP!"

"MOMMA WAS RAPED BY UNICORNS! NEED REVENGE!"

"MY HUSBAND LEFT ME WITH CHILD FOR ANOTHER WOMAN!  I WANT HIM CASTRATED!"

"I NEED A HUSBAND DESPERATELY! NO ONE LIKES MEDUSAS HERE!  OH GOD I'M SO LONELY!"

"ANY NEWBS HERE WANT MONEY?"

"DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY CLEAN AND FIELD DRESS MAGICAL BEASTS?"

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #894 on: July 11, 2010, 11:41:50 PM »
Te oalso understands, having studied the planes in his training. "You don't want to know."
"Maybe I'll let you do the talking.  I'm in the dark."
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #895 on: July 11, 2010, 11:47:52 PM »
"That one about castration doesn't seem too bad."

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #896 on: July 12, 2010, 05:48:54 AM »
"I am not apposed to killing undead and evil unicorns. Maybe the evil unicorns name is sparkle lord." josephs says
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #897 on: July 12, 2010, 07:26:15 AM »
"We should vote on it. I don't care what we do, so I'll abstain and count the votes."
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #898 on: July 12, 2010, 09:13:47 AM »
"I can see killing some undead.  Or rising dead.  Or whatever.

Unicorn rapists sound like they need to be punished.  We should make sure it wasn't consensual first.  You know how it goes.  Some times the woman wakes up, sees the unicorn in bed next to her and has regrets.

Castrate the husband?  Seems a little heavy handed.  Maybe we could just make him pay his ex or something so she can raise the kid.

Medusa wants a husband?  Seems kinda dangerous.  Do we know of any blind guys around here who are looking to score a piece?  Seems like we could do a good deed for two people right there!  I'm up for that.  Get invited to the wedding, don't look at her face, and get free food!  Awesome!

I'm a newb and want money... maybe.  What's it involve?

I'm not much for cleaning armor, though.

So, my vote would be to find a lonely blind guy and hook him up with the lonely medusa.  Other than that, maybe the undead thing?"
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #899 on: July 12, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »
"Hmmmmm, I think I need some rope and some meat to take with me... and a mirror... and some new shoes" :D
Cusic babbles away

OOC: yes a mirror, small steel. Shoes optional  :D