Author Topic: Campaign Thread II: The Sequel  (Read 87276 times)

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Campaign Thread II: The Sequel
« Reply #460 on: June 23, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »
I too go to the bar for a drink or five.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #461 on: June 23, 2010, 03:01:05 PM »
"Can I get a beer? I have an Idea I need to try."
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

solara

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #462 on: June 23, 2010, 03:08:16 PM »
No. She is merely avoiding the places where people are (unless the entire inn is crowded, in which case she'll use her climb speed to go out a window). Does that count as using hide or move silently?

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #463 on: June 23, 2010, 03:21:17 PM »
bhu
[spoiler]Listen roll:17 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2576094/[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #464 on: June 23, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
Alcy keeps an eye on things at the bar, hoping to keep things from getting too rowdy. Those who pay close attention, however, might notice that she actually seems a little... bored.

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #465 on: June 23, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
The owners initially look a lil dispirited as the amazing teleporting corpse has put a serious damper on business, when suddenly the doors open and various folk with multicolored clothing, tattoos, scars, piercings etc file in.  Many are Platypus or other animal folk, or of races that would otherwise be frowned on.  Also there appear to be various locals with old Tom.  He quickly approaches Ruam:

"I remember you liked the wrasslin' matches when I took you as a lil feller, so I thought I'd bring the boys to meet you.  Plus some of the people whose relatives everyone saved wanted to say hi."

A face of satisfaction spreads across my face I'll never turn down a good wrassle.. I look at "the boys" The name's Bill

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2010, 04:08:50 PM »
"Can I get a beer? I have an Idea I need to try."

"As long as it doesnt involve scaring people away sure."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2010, 04:09:18 PM »
bhu
[spoiler]Listen roll:17 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2576094/[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Someone or somethign is rummaging about in your room[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #468 on: June 23, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »
The owners initially look a lil dispirited as the amazing teleporting corpse has put a serious damper on business, when suddenly the doors open and various folk with multicolored clothing, tattoos, scars, piercings etc file in.  Many are Platypus or other animal folk, or of races that would otherwise be frowned on.  Also there appear to be various locals with old Tom.  He quickly approaches Ruam:

"I remember you liked the wrasslin' matches when I took you as a lil feller, so I thought I'd bring the boys to meet you.  Plus some of the people whose relatives everyone saved wanted to say hi."

A face of satisfaction spreads across my face I'll never turn down a good wrassle.. I look at "the boys" The name's Bill

"We've heard a lot about you from Tom.  Many fond memories of you he has.  Hope you can come down to the arena some evening and catch the show."

At this point the bar door opens and a comically demonic figure wobbles in.  Thos of you who have Knowledge Planes or Religion can gimme a check.

Radmelon

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #469 on: June 23, 2010, 04:16:42 PM »

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2010, 04:42:11 PM »
I have neither.

Bhu, do they charge me for the beer?
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #471 on: June 23, 2010, 04:54:12 PM »
That would be really fun, I just have to find out how to get there and you can count me in.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2010, 05:43:34 PM »
Taking the beer (use telekinesis) Ceusharath, takes it to his room and carefully adds it to his coffin with spilling any. He mutters to himself, "Will this work?"
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #473 on: June 23, 2010, 05:46:37 PM »
Taking the beer (use telekinesis) Ceusharath, takes it to his room and carefully adds it to his coffin with spilling any. He mutters to himself, "Will this work?"

:lol

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #474 on: June 23, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »
1d20+7=27 :D

[spoiler]It's a Dretch[/spoiler]

It waddles over to the bar.

"HELLOOO!! My name is Goober!  I am happy to be for looking to job please."

It blinks

Looks at Alcy

"Boobies!"

stares intently for a moment before a light bulb appears to go off in his head

"uh oh!"

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #475 on: June 23, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »
[spoiler]Knowledge: Religion- 1d20(8)+6=14
Knowledge: The Planes- 1d20(17)+8=25

Yeah, I definitely recognize it. :P[/spoiler]

Alcy stares in disbelief as the Dretch wanders in, and as it objectifies her, a white-hot flame seems to burn in her eyes.
Keeping in mind where she is, she uses her Detect Evil ability, hoping that just being a fiend doesn't bias the detection from giving an accurate reading.

Sir Shadow

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #476 on: June 23, 2010, 06:00:19 PM »
(( being a fiend would automatically make him test positive for evil because he has that subtype. Also, has Alcy used DE on Bartholomeow? ))

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #477 on: June 23, 2010, 06:01:21 PM »
[spoiler]Won't stop her from checking.

No one else will really know she's doing it, though. SLAs have no verbal or somatic components.[/spoiler]

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #478 on: June 23, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »
Joseph charges up stairs spear ready to stab who ever or what ever is in his room.
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2010, 06:33:41 PM »
[spoiler]Knowledge: Religion- 1d20(8)+6=14
Knowledge: The Planes- 1d20(17)+8=25

Yeah, I definitely recognize it. :P[/spoiler]

Alcy stares in disbelief as the Dretch wanders in, and as it objectifies her, a white-hot flame seems to burn in her eyes.
Keeping in mind where she is, she uses her Detect Evil ability, hoping that just being a fiend doesn't bias the detection from giving an accurate reading.

[spoiler]He is not evil.  Stupid yes, but not evil.[/spoiler]