Author Topic: Spellfire awesomeness (I hope)  (Read 1480 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Spellfire awesomeness (I hope)
« on: May 23, 2010, 04:19:44 AM »
Hello, this is going to be the continuation of the thread found at http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?action=post;topic=8124

New feat:

Spellfire Familiar:
Requirements: Spellfire Wielder, Improved Familiar
Benefits: Next time you can obtain a familiar, you may select a spellfire familiar instead. This familiar grants a +3 to Spellcraft checks, and gains the following abilities instead of the normal familiar abilities.
lvl 1-3: Spellfire storage 1d6, Spellfire Wielder
lvl 4-6: Spellfire Dynamo 1d6, Spellfire storage 2d6
lvl 7-9: Spellfire storage 3d6, Spellfire Template
lvl 10-12: Spellfire Dynamo 2d6, Spellfire storage 4d6
lvl 13-15: Spellfire storage 5d6, Spellfire Template
lvl 16-18: Spellfire Dynamo 3d6, Spellfire storage 6d6

Spellfire Wielder: The familiar gains the benefits of the spellfire wielder, with the number of spell levels capped at 1/3 its master's level
Spellfire Template: The familiar may select a spellfire template (see originating thread and down below for details)
Spellfire Storage: The master of a spellfire familiar may store a number of spell levels in the familiar with a touch (See above for the number of levels, indicated by  #d6) They can stored or retrieved as a standard action. The familiar does not have access to these levels for the use of spellfire.
Spellfire Dynamo: A spellfire familiar may generate a number of spell levels, indicated on the above chart as #d6, a minute, which are converted to spellfire automatically. The master must be within an arm's length of the familiar to benefit from these extra levels.

Again, allow your imagination to run amok.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
Re: Spellfire awesomeness (I hope)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »
Adding the spellfire elemental template

Spellfire Elemental (template)

Size and Type: Same as base creature, with the addition of the [elemental] and [spellfire] subtypes

Special Attacks: A Spellfire Elemental retains all special attacks of the base creature, and gains the following:
Spellfire (Su): A Spellfire Elemental may generate spellfire as a creature with the Spellfire Wielder feat with the same number of levels as the elemental has HD. In addition, a Spellfire Elemental automatically knows a number of Spellfire templates equal to half it's HD.

Special Qualities: A Spellfire Elemental retains all the special qualities of the base creature, excepting spell-like abilities, and gains the following:
Spellfire Absorption (Ex): If a Spellfire Elemental is the target of a spell, spell-like ability, psionic power, or psi-like ability, the Spellfire Elemental instead absorbs the effect as stated in the Using Spellfire rules (treat psionics as magic for this effect), and also gains 1d6 hitpoints for every spell/power level the spell/power had.
Spellfire Infusion (Su): If a Spellfire Elemental can cast spells, the spell treats the target creatures SR as if it were a number of points lower equal to the Spellfire Elemental's HD. In addition, any effect that causes a direct, numerical effect on hitpoints produces half of it's effect as spellfire, which means it ignores SR and Elemental Resistances. Finally, a Spellfire Elemental Spellcaster can convert any unused spell slot into spell levels for it's Spellfire special attack.

Ability Score increases: +4 constitution; -2 charisma, wisdom, or intelligence (Only reduce the ability that is used as the main casting stat; otherwise, do not reduce any of those three ability scores as a result of this template.)

Environment: ???

Organization: Same as base creature

CR: ???

LA: +2

Does that seem sufficient? I've been working on Spellfire templates, and will stick them up here later.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 01:45:07 AM »
Well i'd consider taking it as a wizard, does that answer your question as to whether or not the template is overpowered?

From what i understand the familiar can store 1d6 levels of spells at level 1... indefinitely? which means 6 free spell levels if given time to prep. Also you're immune to most magic and you deal half damage regardless of resistance with damage spells? You ignore all spell resistance ever? And you heal from damage? So you can just put yourself in the middle of 1million fireballs and win life?

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 05:31:30 PM »
Yeaaaah... about that...
It's my first template slash familiar. Do you have any suggestions?

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]