Author Topic: Group o' fighters optimization  (Read 5857 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Group o' fighters optimization
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »
warbred squirrels of nut chucking death sounds like fun.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 06:02:06 PM »
Item familiar is a part of you, so it is fine.

Basically, you can add magic items later, but I'm asking for builds that are effective without the magic items, just so I can see how many roles a fighter can fill.

So would you say ancesteral relic is more in line with the spirit of the challenge than grafts/relics then?
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar

Lunaramblings

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 06:18:11 PM »

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
Be a Kalashtar or naturally psionic race.  Take the Dragonborn template.  Because of the [Psionic] subtype rules, you keep your PP reserve despite losing most other things.  (Failing that, take Hidden Talent: astral construct or catfall.)

Then go Hood.  Grabbing Travel Devotion, Up the Walls, Martial Stance, and Martial Study are inefficient means of getting class features, but they work.

Proceed to slaughter everything in sight.  See the Powertool build.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:19:17 PM by Endarire »
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Unbeliever

• King Kong
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »
Be a Kalashtar or naturally psionic race.  Take the Dragonborn template.  Because of the [Psionic] subtype rules, you keep your PP reserve despite losing most other things.  (Failing that, take Hidden Talent: astral construct or catfall.)

Then go Hood.  Grabbing Travel Devotion, Up the Walls, Martial Stance, and Martial Study are inefficient means of getting class features, but they work.

Proceed to slaughter everything in sight.  See the Power Tool build.
Hood ... of course it's hood ...

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 12:49:58 AM »
A bit of Raw abuse, but can't we take Shape soulmeld as our feats, shape the meld, then train the feats away? The soulmelds should last until we either A Reshape our melds(We're not) or B get hit by Disjuct soulmeld/essentia.

Here are a couple of characters I did for a similar thing last yearish.

I think they mostly work with out their items. Main issues are incorporeals which they largely lost the ability to deal with, and the reduced AC and attack .

With out equipment donating 21k to an animal shelter for Summon Natures ally at level/2 swift action once per day, seems like a really good idea for how to spend money.

Equipment>Eggshell Grenades for Blindness, Marbles for a grease effect, weapon capsules for damage boost, anti-vermin candles, garlic, blind golds, filter mask, flotation bladder, 11 foot poles, listening cones, adamantine drill, mitheral grappling hook, and sun glasses

Had Birds Eye vestige going for scouting, they were immune to mind affecting and could see invisibility from being devoted to and Elder Evil, or had good will saves,  could teleport from Blink Shirt, Iron Heart Surge I felt it was more important than WRT.
Picked up Imperious Command and the Zheratim levels with most of them.

I also traded in their souls for 2 bonus feats. Was looking at being tainted, but that appeared to have actual draw backs.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=142976 > Standard Reach Build, draconic aura to keep the parties hp above half.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=142979 > Talenta Boomerang stunning, used LA  Buy off for a psionic Human, could drop Imperious command for loss of bonus feat and a psionic race or just grab talented. PA+touch attack with the boomerang, looses Psionic Meditation so its only on the first round.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=146376 > Psychic Reformationed into truenaming, used item familiar to meet the DCs. Also had a bit of shocktrooper. Not really worth it at this level. At 12 I could have Solid Fog and Shockwave which had set DCs, 40 and 30, and are as such reliable.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=142978 > Knowledge Devotion Archer 
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2010, 05:00:32 AM »
Be a Kalashtar or naturally psionic race.  Take the Dragonborn template.  Because of the [Psionic] subtype rules, you keep your PP reserve despite losing most other things.  (Failing that, take Hidden Talent: astral construct or catfall.)

Does it really work that way?... I can see the argument, but it feels kinda sketchy.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2010, 05:16:15 AM »
Surreal: It's unintended, but so is just about all that we do here.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2010, 12:36:36 PM »

Does it really work that way?... I can see the argument, but it feels kinda sketchy.
Its just like how as a warforged, Dragonborn only causes you to lose your armor and light fortification, both of which can be regain with warforged feats.