Author Topic: Post a simple concept, get a simple build  (Read 114253 times)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Post a simple concept, get a simple build
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2010, 07:06:44 PM »
how about a build for this?:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

BoVD + BoEF ?
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2010, 03:42:05 AM »
Hello, I'm in need of advices regarding good psicrystal's feats. I've read a bit (Mount Handbook, searches here and google, etc) and I'm still puzzled.

Ideally, it'll have Mindsight at 6th and Psionic Meditation at 15th... I'm at a loss if choosing Hidden Talent over Wild Talent would do anything, unless that would mean I could up its ML with Practiced Manifester which I doubt it actually does because of its wording... If it does work though, Metamorphic Transfer would become an auto-take considering my Psion is going the Egoist route.
Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ;)

EDIT: My DM ruled that I couldn't increase my psicrystal's ML via Practiced Manifester, so that cuts the Metamorphic Transfer route.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:44:04 AM by Shiki »
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Luckanan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: November 19, 2010, 10:47:51 PM »
Don't have a cute picture for him but...

In second edition I played a aesthetic monk trapped in a dog's body. He couldn't talk or anything, but could cast arcane spells from the illusion and alteration schools, had minor healing ability, and a selection of sneaky/scout skills.
Assuming I can get the dog body approved through the DM, how could I best replicate the rest? (Won't have many feats to spare because I'm going VOP. Also would like to have survival on the skill list to take advantage of scent/track.)

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #243 on: November 20, 2010, 12:39:02 AM »
Didn't you ask that question already? Anyway probably the a good build would be just a Beguiler(PHB2) with the arcane disciple (CD) feat for the healing abilities. Take surrogate spell casting (Savage Species) for being able to cast as a dog.  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:42:46 AM by Havok4 »

Luckanan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2010, 03:01:49 AM »
Beguiler does look good.  But I'd like to be able to replicate the character's alteration school access too. 

Maybe Mystic Ranger into...something at level 10.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2010, 06:37:27 AM »
Really no suggestion for Psicrystal feats? I'm totally lost. :s
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:

malaspina

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Braaaaaains
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2010, 09:50:09 AM »
Hi,

I need a level 4 NPC infiltrator. The guy needs to be able to sneak into places really well, and he needs to be human. All 3.5 non setting-specific books open.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »
Hi,

I need a level 4 NPC infiltrator. The guy needs to be able to sneak into places really well, and he needs to be human. All 3.5 non setting-specific books open.
Post a character concept that you had, and the other posters will give you a basic build or two which matches up.
This thread is NOT "I have a build, help me find feats" or anything like that. For that, start a new thread.
Rogue 4.   ;)
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2010, 10:32:58 AM »
Oh. :banghead Guess I'll reread starting's post of threads more often.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:

Agrippa

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2010, 06:52:30 AM »
Spider Django Heraclitus Jerusalem. What classes, level, ability scores and feats would you give him? And please give a rough estimate of his bowel distruptor.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
Hows about the Painkiller?

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »

Mmmm... Warforged Dragonborn (Half-man, Half-machine, with silver wings) charger/ubermounter? Barbarian/Paladin of freedom, choosing a dragon cohort as the mount (Rides the Metal Monster, Breathing smoke and fire). And Dragons are fast as hell in D&D.

---------------------------

A build for this?
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080618163121/fireemblem/images/8/89/Ayra.png
Pointers here: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Ira
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:39:06 PM by Shadeseraph »
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #252 on: December 11, 2010, 01:12:30 PM »

Mmmm... Warforged Dragonborn (Half-man, Half-machine, with silver wings) charger/ubermounter? Barbarian/Paladin of freedom, choosing a dragon cohort as the mount (Rides the Metal Monster, Breathing smoke and fire). And Dragons are fast as hell in D&D.
:thumb

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: December 12, 2010, 12:39:36 AM »

dantheman

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2010, 03:11:40 AM »
How about Altair or Ezio?

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2010, 06:34:18 AM »
Udyr

Wildshape variant ranger or Master of Many forms are decently similar. Or are you lookig for something that can assume hybrid-ish froms rather than the actual animal forms?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »

I  actually sort of worked this out a while ago. They are really midlevel swordsages focusing on shadowhand and tiger claw disciplines with a single level in rogue for extra sneak attack and skills. The real source of how insanely overpowered they seem in that game is that all of their enemies are 1-3 level warriors. Also they have tones of mundane equipment and some minor magical equipment.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2010, 01:38:20 PM »

I  actually sort of worked this out a while ago. They are really midlevel swordsages focusing on shadowhand and tiger claw disciplines with a single level in rogue for extra sneak attack and skills. The real source of how insanely overpowered they seem in that game is that all of their enemies are 1-3 level warriors. Also they have tones of mundane equipment and some minor magical equipment.
Eagle vision could be a reflavored Detect Evil.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2010, 01:40:16 PM »

Eagle vision could be a reflavored Detect Evil.

It is really more detect plot, although detect evil would work.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2010, 08:59:49 AM »
What we need is Santa...
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills