Author Topic: Pathfinder & 3.5 help  (Read 1069 times)

TheMasaoL

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Pathfinder & 3.5 help
« on: May 20, 2010, 02:39:19 AM »
Im not a very experienced DM but I do like challenges. So I told my group I'd run a Pathfinder/3.5 game for them.
Im limiting the 3.5 material to feats and spells from sources not in Dungeon or Dragon magazines. In doing so im hoping to limit the tricks that can be used such as the Cheater of Mystra, Iaijutsu, and the likes. I was hoping you could help me in predicting what tricks my Min/Maxing players may still have access to so I can anticipate these and re-balance as needed.

duncandun

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Pathfinder & 3.5 help
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 03:13:36 AM »
totally read that incorrectly.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 03:42:50 AM by duncandun »

Unbeliever

• King Kong
Re: Pathfinder & 3.5 help
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 03:16:39 AM »
Honestly, there are nigh infinite "tricks" available.  You'd need to tell us more, such as your players' facility w/ the rules, the sources they have available, how frequently they frequent this forum ( :D) stuff like that.

I am one of those communication type RPers, so I'd probably just tell them what sorts of horrors you expect them to unleash.  I'm fairly permissive, so if you say to them "I expect you guys to be as badass as a solid core druid, but don't make me want to tear my hair out w/ annoying bits like scry & die and the wish economy," I think you'd probably be in good shape.