Author Topic: Half-Brass Dragon Psychic Warrior 7  (Read 1606 times)

Banaticus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Half-Brass Dragon Psychic Warrior 7
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »
Now, I've never made a psychic warrior before, so...

Half-Brass Dragon Psychic Warrior 7
Str 23
Dex 14
Con 17
Int 11
Wis 15
Cha 11

regional feats: furious charge, fleet of foot (GM gives an extra one)
1 Power Attack
1(class) Cleave
2 Instead of a class feat -- that alternate mantle thing, manifest a greatsword*
3 Combat Reflexes
5(class) Leap Attack -- double power attack, triple if holding weapon in two hands
6 Large and in Charge (draconomicon)

*http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a

15 power points per day.  1 to manifest his weapon, 1 to become large.  For the next 7 rounds, nobody can close with him.  I'll probably go large first -- that gives him the reach and he can use his bite or a claw to smack someone back with, then the next round he manifests his greatsword.

Other than being sure to take the Expansion power, any other advice?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:27:29 PM by Banaticus »

Rhatahema

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Half-Brass Dragon Psychic Warrior 7
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:26:20 PM »
You should include the base race of your character in your post, as well as your alignment. Also, are you sure you're talking about the Mantled Warrior substitution level and not Soulbound Weapon? Unless you plan on augmenting it, I think you'd be better off buying a +1 greatsword than losing your 2nd level bonus feat. Additionally, a reach weapon would be of a lot better use with large and in charge, especially since you can resort to natural weapon in a pinch. Don't forget your 7 bonus power points from your wisdom score either (table 2-1 of the ExPH).

I think the +3 LA for half-dragon is pretty steep, and I'd figure out what in particular you want out of it and whether or not you can get that elsewhere, especially since you're losing manifester levels.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 01:23:58 AM »
Could you get dragonborn instead of half-dragon? Even 3 levels in dragonfire adept would be better than all that LA.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 01:27:52 AM »
Also, do you really have your heart set on brass?  Having just spent a long time playing a brass dragon shaman, I gotta say it's no joke when folks say everything resists or is immune to fire.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Banaticus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
Well, I get 2 LA knocked off for "free", so I'm happy with half-dragon, unless you all can suggest something else with a similar strength boost.  I don't think the breath weapon matters for much -- it's only 1/day.  At this level, with the mantled warrior substitution level, I should be able to summon a +1 weapon with whatever other +1 mod I want -- next level, I get two +1 mods that I can combine together or leave separate, as I want, for free.  I can pay a few pp to augment it further, if I needed to.

I'm thinking that mostly I'll have some sort of elemental damage, like thundering fire or something, unless I need to swap those + bonuses for ghost touch (+2 bonus) or something.  That should let me switch around what the bonuses are on the weapon in case some creature is immune (or it's that one monster that gets boosted HD from electricity damage.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
LA buyoff FTW?
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »
Lolth touched, mineral warrior, Feral, Goliath race ? The half dragon templates are generally substandard. For two LA you can get a +14  to strength with a lolth touched Feral Water Orc and you get some nice bonuses like fast healing. If you do not want to be tied to an insane spider god you could replace lolth touched with mineral warrior to make your character nigh unkillable in normal combat.