Author Topic: More than one prestige class?  (Read 13806 times)

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
Re: More than one prestige class?
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »
Then you don't have an issue -- at least not with me. 

If you don't think that limiting # of PrCs is reasonable blanket advice, then no, on this particular item I have no issues with you (but your breath still stinks  :P ;)).

Remember though, that what I was looking for was actual defense of that position. I said a long time ago that if it wasn't your goal to do so then the whole thing was pointless.  :lmao

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »
Then you don't have an issue -- at least not with me.

If you don't think that limiting # of PrCs is reasonable blanket advice, then no, on this particular item I have no issues with you (but your breath still stinks  :P ;)).
As blanket advise?  Never.  As a matter of fact, I can't really imagine that I would even ever offer it as advice at all. 
I was only trying to explain why some groups feel it is right for them; and how they justify it for themselves.
(dammit, I knew I should have brushed my teeth)

Remember though, that what I was looking for was actual defense of that position. I said a long time ago that if it wasn't your goal to do so then the whole thing was pointless.  :lmao
Then why did you keep goading me? (at least that's what it felt like)
After vermithrx's post, I thought it was over.  But then there was this:
EjoThims is demanding proof that the perspective you presented is rational

This. But apparently I won't be getting any (...)
My whole point in continuing was to try to explain that you "demands" were pointless, and ......... well, long story short, I have a thing for needing to get the last word. (an attitude that is not uncommon around here :p)

I'd like to leave things at simply agreeing to disagree based on fundamental philosophical differences:
- the mechanics have their own inherent meaning, and are an end unto themselves
      --vs---
- the fluff has meaning and describes intent, and the mechanics are simply a quantification of that fluff

Does that sound about right?
Now, I might be open to discussing that issue (but you'd really have to drop the mis-characterization), but I think it probably deserves its own thread.

EDIT:
I'd still like to see your rebuttal for the following:
[spoiler]
It has been discussed by many a former WotC employee the disconnected, disjointed, and un-integrated nature of the WotC R&D department.  What you had was an environment where nobody really communicated; everybody had their own little pet projects, and weren't allowed to share anything with anybody.  So, in an attempt to avoid "cross-contamination" and "group-think", what you actually had, in practice, was a bunch of products being released that simply did not have the opportunity to be properly tested against the various other materials that were being put out.  With the hundreds (maybe even thousands) of new options coming out every year, all of them being developed independent of each other, you invariably end up with a bunch of stuff that was never intended to be used in conjunction with each other -- many train-wrecks resulted.

- the "adaptation" line?  this falls directly in to the "PrC" file.  This actually brings me to another point:
If you take all those "adaptation" lines, together with the whole-sum of the introductory paragraphs to the PrC chapters of all the supplement books, and put that in juxtaposition with that now-infamous paragraph in the PrC section of the DMG, what you have is a picture that looks a little something like this:
short version: "DM support" (aka, the designers doing the DM's job for him -- which is not necessarily a bad thing).
long version: the designers, I'm sure, realized that many DMs simply lacked the appropriate resources to keep cranking-out new PrCs for each and every character concept that walked through their campaign; such resources probably include 1 or more of the following: time, energy, motivation, imagination, or fundamental understanding of game design/mechanics.  With that realization (and justifying their continued employment in the process), they then decided to help out said DMs a little, by developing various PrCs that they imagined might be largely appropriate for various game applications (many of which I'm sure were simply transplanted directly from their own games), and started throwing on that "adaptation" line in an effort to say "hey, if this isn't appropriate for your game, then here are some ideas on how you might be able to make it fit".
Again, this is somewhat irrelevant to my original point, except that it is further demonstration of an attempt to understand the game (and it's various elements) within its full context.

After that, my players and I all sat down to have a full discussion of the issue.  Many of the conclusions we came to were as followes (reprinted from previous post):
- as a systematic design concept, many see PrCs (especially 10-level ones) as something that is concept-defining (which, I believe, is actually something that is tangentially touched upon somewhere -- I want to say ELH).  As such, if you need multiple dips in to multiple PrCs in order to adequately quantify your concept on a character sheet, then either something is wrong with the concept, or you need to find another PrC (which may sometimes involve some level of homebrewing/houseruling)
- when left to their own devices, there can be a tendency for many players to get too caught-up in the min-max aspect of character development, causing them to lose sight of other aspects
- I'm sure there is some kind of analogy to be made about abusing video game glitches and/or cheat codes, but efficient/effective articulation is escaping me at the moment.
- when this type of number-crunching mentality is present, it tends to infiltrate other areas of the game; which is often seen as a distraction, and is often accompanied by all-around immature behavior (simply noticing some level of correlation -- probably deserves further exploration).
- this perceived distraction is a RP immersion issue, and is experienced on 2 levels:
 -- seriously, who really thinks of themselves in terms of things like skill ranks, feats and class features? (or even other characters/monsters, for that matter)  While this can't be avoided entirely (such is the nature of the beast), this goal is often pursued to the greatest possible extent
 -- like unto the above, if you're spending an inordinate amount of time number-crunching your perspective build, it can often be indicative of a meta-game mentality; i.e., the game is approached primarily from a meta-game perspective, which really does kill the mood for a lot of people
- remember the NHRA analogy?  yeah, well, insert here. (and I could go on for pages discussing the various analogous relationships) -- I guess this is probably just another variation of the whole "balance" issue; but whatever -- it is what it is.
- ya know, there are plenty of us that sometimes enjoy simplicity for the sake of simplicity; as we genuinely see "simplicity" as having it's own set of inherent values.  And, of course, this is yet another case of "YMMV".

[/spoiler]

I'm not interested in debate.  Just some ingenuous, free-flow examination. (you did touch on some of that slightly, but you more cherry-picked than anything).

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:23:22 AM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2010, 10:56:58 AM »
Then why did you keep goading me? (at least that's what it felt like)
After vermithrx's post, I thought it was over.  But then there was this:
EjoThims is demanding proof that the perspective you presented is rational

This. But apparently I won't be getting any (...)

I had meant that what I was seeking from the discussion was apparently not what you were trying to provide, acknowledging the different directions.

When the conversation was continued, I had thought you were then attempting to provide that.

......... well, long story short, I have a thing for needing to get the last word. (an attitude that is not uncommon around here :p)

I have no idea what you mean... Nope, none whatsoever...   :smirk

EDIT:
I'd still like to see your rebuttal for the following:

It has been discussed by many a former WotC employee the disconnected, disjointed, and un-integrated nature of the WotC R&D department.  What you had was an environment where nobody really communicated; everybody had their own little pet projects, and weren't allowed to share anything with anybody.  So, in an attempt to avoid "cross-contamination" and "group-think", what you actually had, in practice, was a bunch of products being released that simply did not have the opportunity to be properly tested against the various other materials that were being put out.  With the hundreds (maybe even thousands) of new options coming out every year, all of them being developed independent of each other, you invariably end up with a bunch of stuff that was never intended to be used in conjunction with each other -- many train-wrecks resulted.

Not sure here what there is to rebutt. We all know that CO was better at balance than WotC. That's why some of the major movers and shakers actually helped write the RC.

"DM support" (aka, the designers doing the DM's job for him -- which is not necessarily a bad thing).

I already responded to this idea. The entirety of all the books for this game, really, are nothing but DM support, so that he doesn't have to make up as much stuff himself. When a new book comes out, it opens up new options without the need for work on the group's or DM's part to create it themselves. This applies to everything: races, feats, skill uses, spells, items, and etc. as well as PrCs.

as a systematic design concept, many see PrCs (especially 10-level ones) as something that is concept-defining (which, I believe, is actually something that is tangentially touched upon somewhere -- I want to say ELH).  As such, if you need multiple dips in to multiple PrCs in order to adequately quantify your concept on a character sheet, then either something is wrong with the concept, or you need to find another PrC (which may sometimes involve some level of homebrewing/houseruling)

I said before that for individual groups, homebrew is always the best option (provided anyone in that group is actually decent at it, bad homebrew makes raptor jesus cry). However; it's not an option that's always available, especially when talking generally instead of about a specific group.

Besides, I honestly think that homebrew is also the more powerful option. If I wanted to get a particular set of abilities to get together a non-standard character concept, I may have to dip around and take 7-15 levels to grab everything for it I need (depending on the particular concept). But if I homebrew it, it will not include all the extras that come along with those dips and other PrCs, so it's 3, 5, or 10 levels instead, allowing me to grab more synergies with the rest of my levels.

when left to their own devices, there can be a tendency for many players to get too caught-up in the min-max aspect of character development, causing them to lose sight of other aspects

Stormwind. "If too much min/max, not enough RP."

I'm sure there is some kind of analogy to be made about abusing video game glitches and/or cheat codes, but efficient/effective articulation is escaping me at the moment.

That would be TO. 1 million attacks in a single action is exploiting the code. Having Con to AC twice is creative use of game mechanics. Talk to Blizzard about how they define the difference while policing WoW. ;)

when this type of number-crunching mentality is present, it tends to infiltrate other areas of the game; which is often seen as a distraction, and is often accompanied by all-around immature behavior (simply noticing some level of correlation -- probably deserves further exploration).

You mean like skills? Really DnD has no numbers for anything but skills and combat.

seriously, who really thinks of themselves in terms of things like skill ranks, feats and class features? (or even other characters/monsters, for that matter)  While this can't be avoided entirely (such is the nature of the beast), this goal is often pursued to the greatest possible extent

No one. That's why the fluff is mutable. ;)

Seriously though, even in character, a character should know roughly what it is capable of, just as I know roughly how much I can lift and roughly how far I could throw a ball. So I know what my Str is, but when I roll my check as I take the action, I may be slightly surprised by the results on rare occassions.

like unto the above, if you're spending an inordinate amount of time number-crunching your perspective build, it can often be indicative of a meta-game mentality; i.e., the game is approached primarily from a meta-game perspective, which really does kill the mood for a lot of people

Storwing again. Really. "Too much focus on numbers distracts you from RP."

remember the NHRA analogy?

I am unfamiliar at this moment with that acronym.

ya know, there are plenty of us that sometimes enjoy simplicity for the sake of simplicity; as we genuinely see "simplicity" as having it's own set of inherent values.

So because it is less complicated, it is more pleasing? Even if the results are less pleasing?

Would you then prefer, as a way to keep your house cool, a giant block of ice sitting in one room, or a complex system of vents and air ways attached to a centralized motor that passes the air quickly through copper tubing, cooling it incredibly quickly and then dispersing it with fans through the air ways and out the vents into the various rooms?

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2010, 01:41:24 PM »
Ok, so I've skimmed this topic a few times.
Need to insert opinion arise, post must be made :p

like unto the above, if you're spending an inordinate amount of time number-crunching your perspective build, it can often be indicative of a meta-game mentality; i.e., the game is approached primarily from a meta-game perspective, which really does kill the mood for a lot of people

We all know of the Stormwind Fallacy, but I find this to be true.
A lot of people spending inordinate amount of time number-crunching actually does lead to them having a meta-game mentality and ruins the mood for the rest of the players.

This, of course, doesn't apply to everyone.
But it does happen, it's important to acknowledge that.
We all (I hope) finds this to be wrong fundamentally, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, since it does.
This, in and of itself, proves nothing.
Some people are subject to the Fallacy, some aren't.
Whilst in an ideal world, this wouldn't be so, reality states that you're stuck with it at times.

I'm sure there is some kind of analogy to be made about abusing video game glitches and/or cheat codes, but efficient/effective articulation is escaping me at the moment.

That would be TO. 1 million attacks in a single action is exploiting the code. Having Con to AC twice is creative use of game mechanics. Talk to Blizzard about how they define the difference while policing WoW.  ;)

I agree that this is just creative use of mechanics.
But then again, the difference in CO vs. TO is a matter of opinions and semantics.
So, is there any point arguing about something that, at a basic level, is just a matter of personal preference?

ya know, there are plenty of us that sometimes enjoy simplicity for the sake of simplicity; as we genuinely see "simplicity" as having it's own set of inherent values.

So because it is less complicated, it is more pleasing? Even if the results are less pleasing?

Would you then prefer, as a way to keep your house cool, a giant block of ice sitting in one room, or a complex system of vents and air ways attached to a centralized motor that passes the air quickly through copper tubing, cooling it incredibly quickly and then dispersing it with fans through the air ways and out the vents into the various rooms?

The results aren't less pleasing if you find more satisfaction in the simplicity than the numbers.
Since you can't enforce what one is supposed to feel satisfied and pleased with, you're stuck with the persons own motivations for satisfaction.
Which in this case doesn't seem to be the same thing.
If you judge it to be less pleasing, that doesn't make it so for the other party involved unless you're after the exact same things from the game.
Hey, personal preferences here again, wadda ya know :p

And a witty saying proves nothing, as Voltaire said, so let's do an analogy here for fairness sake:

Would you rather prefer to buy an air conditioner, have someone install it and enjoy the benefits of it, or go to the scrapyard, scrounge the materials, weld it together, install electronics, rent a truck, get a building permit and finally, after hours upon hours upon hours of blood, sweat and tears, erect a giant metal fan over your house which blows cold air into every nook and crevice?

I'm not even sure where I stand in this rather protracted argument, I just can't abide and ignore what I deem to be a poor argument.
So sue me ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:43:03 PM by Shadowhunter »
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »
Whilst in an ideal world, this wouldn't be so, reality states that you're stuck with it at times.

Right. But what's wrong isn't that thinking it will happen sometimes (because it will). What's wrong is assuming that it will happen with any particular person or group.

Also, that typo of mine is quite ridiculous. I was apparently more hung over than I realized.

The results aren't less pleasing if you find more satisfaction in the simplicity than the numbers.

But they are, if they please less than other results would, even if as a whole you find the system to be more pleasing. I was honestly asking about whether he would more pleased overall be a far simpler system with far less pleasing results.

Would you rather prefer to buy an air conditioner, have someone install it and enjoy the benefits of it, or go to the scrapyard, scrounge the materials, weld it together, install electronics, rent a truck, get a building permit and finally, after hours upon hours upon hours of blood, sweat and tears, erect a giant metal fan over your house which blows cold air into every nook and crevice?

You seem to be, falsely I believe, equating work with complication.

I'm not even sure where I stand in this rather protracted argument, I just can't abide and ignore what I deem to be a poor argument.
So sue me ;)

You also seem to not quite have realized the point of my last post. I can see where, if you thought I was using it to attempt to continue having the same discussion, you would find many of the 'arguments' therein poorly constructed and disjointed.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »

Right. But what's wrong isn't that thinking it will happen sometimes (because it will). What's wrong is assuming that it will happen with any particular person or group.

On that point, we agree.

But they are, if they please less than other results would, even if as a whole you find the system to be more pleasing. I was honestly asking about whether he would more pleased overall be a far simpler system with far less pleasing results.

Not necessarily. I don't really know how to try and explain this, so bare with me if this will sound weird ;):
If one finds 60 points of pleasantness in simplicity and 30 points in the mechanics and one finds 20 points of pleasantness in complexity and 50 points in the mechanics, the simplicity still wins with 90 over 80.
It depends on how much value you assign to each thing.
There is no way to measure it, since half of the equation can't be solidified.
You can assign math to the mechanics, but there is no formula for preference in simplicity.

You seem to be, falsely I believe, equating work with complication

Well, what I was trying to point out that you can apply an analogy for both sides of the argument without it really saying anything.
That is, simplicity isn't intrinsically worse, just because a clever analogy tries to claim so.

So sue me  ;)

You also seem to not quite have realized the point of my last post. I can see where, if you thought I was using it to attempt to continue having the same discussion, you would find many of the 'arguments' therein poorly constructed and disjointed.

There is a very real possibility that I'm missing your point by miles.
I think I thought what you think I thought.
I think.

Anyway, I think that's all.
If I'm missing your point, I can't add something since I have no knowledge of what would be relevant.
But my ego is stroked enough, I'll shut up now ;)
[Spoiler]
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »
If one finds 60 points of pleasantness in simplicity and 30 points in the mechanics and one finds 20 points of pleasantness in complexity and 50 points in the mechanics, the simplicity still wins with 90 over 80.

Yes, but the actual result of each is only giving 30 points and 50 points. The result of the more complex one is more pleasing.

I was trying to determine if he truly felt that simplicity itself was worth enough points to fit the situation into exactly the example you give.

simplicity isn't intrinsically worse, just because a clever analogy tries to claim so.

That was not the point of my analogy. I was specifically giving an example were the simpler option was the one with worse results, as in your example, for the reason I noted above. ;)

There is a very real possibility that I'm missing your point by miles.

I was asked to give my views on a few different subjects. I obliged, but those views are not attempts to rationalize or prove my other posts in this thread, though what they are could certainly have an influence on my thinking elsewhere.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2010, 12:36:16 AM »
Huh. Well what do you know, I'm finally understanding this.
That ought to teach me to double-check the discussion history and not post at three in the morning.
Not that that in and of itself is any explanation, since for honesties sake I must point out that it's half past four in the morning at the moment.

I must be too used seeing faulty arguments, so my brain reacted before it had a chance to process it.
Sort of an argumental-knee-jerk-reaction due to bad past experiences.
I blame it on the general dumbness of your average society. :smirk
[Spoiler]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2010, 01:20:34 AM »
Finally!  I knew there must have been at least some empathy to be had around here.  :clap
(Okay, enough gloating -- I'll get on with it ...)

I had meant that what I was seeking from the discussion was apparently not what you were trying to provide, acknowledging the different directions.

When the conversation was continued, I had thought you were then attempting to provide that.
cool  :thumb

......... well, long story short, I have a thing for needing to get the last word. (an attitude that is not uncommon around here :p)

I have no idea what you mean... Nope, none whatsoever...   :smirk
Okay -- so at least we both realize the logical (un)end(ing) of this.  :smirk

when this type of number-crunching mentality is present, it tends to infiltrate other areas of the game; which is often seen as a distraction, and is often accompanied by all-around immature behavior (simply noticing some level of correlation -- probably deserves further exploration).

You mean like skills? Really DnD has no numbers for anything but skills and combat.
Oh, come on -- are you serious?!  "number-crunching" was clearly a reference to mechanics in general -- and, in larger context, was speaking to an obsession with just mechanics.
This is the kinda crap I've been talking about -- seriously, just stop it.

We all know of the Stormwind Fallacy, but I find this to be true.
A lot of people spending inordinate amount of time number-crunching actually does lead to them having a meta-game mentality and ruins the mood for the rest of the players.
I speaking to observed tendencies -- a "correlation", if you will -- and only that; which is a different thing from stormwind.  Stormwind speaks to the determination of a direct inverse relationship (linked by/through a common cause).  I never made such a distinction; and only mentioned that observed tendency as just one element of many that can warrant addressing.

:witsend
WTF is wrong with you?  Seriously.  4 pages of this kind of b.s., and you have the gall to call me unreasonable?  Where do you get the audacity to question my inclination to flame, when this is the kind of garbage that you habitually spew?  This kind of crap does not deserve a proper response.  :bash

You're basing this line of argument on forcing a false choice and constructing an artificial dichotomy.  Likewise, does not warrant proper response.

I was asked to give my views on a few different subjects. I obliged, but those views are not attempts to rationalize or prove my other posts in this thread, though what they are could certainly have an influence on my thinking elsewhere.
You went out of your way to start an argument.  You poked and prodded, demanding for me to state a "thing", for no other reason than so you could argue with it.  And then when it appears that I'm gonna be done with you, you feign some b.s. facade of ingenuousness, knowing that I'll then be inclined to continue in your sick, silly little charade.  I'm now convinced that this is your M.O.
Any "asking" on my part was simply an attempt to hold you to your shit; knowing that you had intentionally ignored those points previously (for what reasons, I can only speculate).  
Remember, you started in on me, and in a way that implied that you were still holding a grudge over some silly-ass shit from over 2 years ago -- get over it already.
As far as I'm concerned, you completely lack the ingenuousness and intellectual honesty to deserve to be further engaged with anything resembling benevolence.  :fo

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2010, 01:44:22 AM »
Look, let's turn this to a less controversial subject.  I'm sick of this topic showing up in "new replies to your posts".

So, if you take an airplane and put it on a treadmill, will it take off?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2010, 01:49:09 AM »
depends how fast the treadmill goes

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2010, 02:33:45 AM »
well, Mythbusters actually demonstrated that it can (provided, of course, that the treadmill is going fast enough to simulate actual take-off speed).

[spoiler]

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2010, 08:31:18 PM »

Oh, come on -- are you serious?!  "number-crunching" was clearly a reference to mechanics in general -- and, in larger context, was speaking to an obsession with just mechanics.

I meant, do you mean skills when you talk about other areas of the game being infiltrated by number crunching. Because there are no numbers to crunch in anything else.

I did not realize you meant 'number crunching' to refer to any kind of mechanics and to mechanics driven thought, but even so, the point would stand, how do you find it interfering with non-mechanical areas of the game? Are those areas simply passed up? Are mechanics attributed to them?

:witsend
WTF is wrong with you?  Seriously.

Lots. But I asked because I am seriously curious to know your answer, as I discussed with Shadowhunter.

You're basing this line of argument on forcing a false choice and constructing an artificial dichotomy.

No, I am not.

Because I am not making any arguments with that question. Nothing is claimed leading into it. Nothing is claimed based on your potential answer.

How can I be arguing anything when I have not put forward a position? There was only curiosity and an attempt at understanding here.

you had intentionally ignored those points previously (for what reasons, I can only speculate).

Simple. My views on them were irrelevant to the discussion I was having.

This is the kinda crap I've been talking about -- seriously, just stop it.

4 pages of this kind of b.s., and you have the gall to call me unreasonable?  Where do you get the audacity to question my inclination to flame, when this is the kind of garbage that you habitually spew?  This kind of crap does not deserve a proper response.  :bash

Perhaps I'll go back to being mean... This was my nicest, most understanding, and most legitimately curious post towards you that I have ever made.

How you read so much into that post, which referenced nothing else except your direct request to hear my responses to those particular ideas, I truly cannot understand.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2010, 01:47:47 AM »
@ EjoThims:
I'm gonna go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt, and leave things at this:
(...) we are of 2 such completely different minds that productive discourse is simply impossible (...)
When things get to the point that just the sight of your screen name makes my blood curdle, then it's probably time to just leave each other alone.

[spoiler]

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt