Author Topic: [3.5]Deus ex Machina  (Read 30788 times)

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: [3.5]Deus ex Machina
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2010, 03:08:13 PM »
As i have been informed the tome material is balanced differently to the rest of the game id prefer people not to use it without asking first as with all house rules/3rd party.

Awkward Map

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2010, 03:31:38 PM »
Right, I figured showing you the whole picture was a bit more representative.  Specifically I'd like the following from the tome:

Product of Infernal Dalliance
One of your recent ancestors mated with an infernal creature, and now the tainted blood of a Lower Planar creature flows in your veins. Though you can resist
the call of your evil heritage, it manifests itself in an inheritance of fiendish power.
Product of Celestial Dalliance
One of your recent ancestors was a Celestial Outsider or from a good-aligned plane. Maybe your parents play it off as a virgin birth, maybe your dad became a
Saint.

Benefits: You may take any [Celestial] feat. Additionally, you gain Resistance 5 to Acid, Cold, and Electricity; the [Angel], [Archon], [Eladrin], or Guardinal]
subtype; and a Smite Evil attack usable at will that does bonus damage equal to 1/2 of your strength modifier.
Special: Can only be taken at 1st level.

Wings of Good [Celestial]
Benefits: You gain wings and a fly speed equal to double your base land speed with good maneuverability that requires special armor to stay aloft. These must
be feathery or energy-based.

Harmless Form [Celestial], [Fiend]
You can assume the likeness of a mortal.
Prerequisites: Character level 4
Benefits: You can Change Shape into a medium-sized Humanoid appearance. You can use this ability to Disguise yourself as other people, and it gives a +10 to Disguise checks as normal. When using this ability, your reflection in mirrors is of your true form.

Aasimar
  • Medium Size
  • Outsider Type (Native and Human subtype)
  • Darkvision
  • +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom
  • Aasimar with a Charisma of at least 10 may cast light as a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to their character level once per day.
  • +2 bonus to Spot, and Listen checks.
  • Favored Classes: Paladin and Sorcerer
  • Automatic Languages: Common
  • Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Formian, Ignan, Slaad, Sylvan, Terran.

Conduit of the Lower Planes class

He's an orphan who knows he has some powers that are both celestial and infernal in nature.  So in addition to trying to clean up the streets he is searching for his parentage.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2010, 03:52:31 PM »
As much as I like the background im not so fond of that class, especially on an aasimar of any type..

Aasimar also has +1 LA so you can take a max of 4 class levels if we start at level 5.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
Arcane Hierophant lets arcane spell ignore ASF with armor favored by druids, do you want to include shields?
nope, only whatever the druid is proficient with.
Which is the reason I am asking, cause druids can use shields and Arcane Hierophant did not mention them.

Can my animal companion have flaws, and is he restricted from any feats?

How goes the pricing for the homebrew tech?
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2010, 04:56:52 PM »
Arcane Hierophant lets arcane spell ignore ASF with armor favored by druids, do you want to include shields?
nope, only whatever the druid is proficient with.
Which is the reason I am asking, cause druids can use shields and Arcane Hierophant did not mention them.

Can my animal companion have flaws, and is he restricted from any feats?

How goes the pricing for the homebrew tech?

1. you can use shields

2. No flaws but any feat that doesn't require any intelligence to use he can have.

3. Slowly... need people to help with that

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2010, 05:46:46 PM »
The background for the character's lineage has some sort of celestial creature shacking up with a human with a little bit of infernal blood flowing through their veins.  So we get an Aasimar that's got access to both bloodlines to a certain extent.  Were the other feats taken okay?

The Aasimar I presented was from the F&K tome, which doesn't have a level adjustment.  Their 1/day daylight is reduced to a 1/day light and they lose their resistances to energy types.

Not using the conduit is kind of tough.  If it sounds like this character won't work I'll try to figure something else out.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2010, 06:01:43 PM »
The tome classes and races are balanced differently and id prefer if people didn't touch them, loss of resistances and reduction in SLA power really doesn't make aasimar a +0 LA race considering outsider type and +4 total to stats (rather than the +0 of normal LA 0 races).

blackfire

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »
any chance you have room for one more player?
the die is cast!

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »
can do, though it means i will have to split current players into two groups but i can deal with that.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »
Just an FYI, I'm going to be out of town from the 3rd to the 15th but I'll have internet during most of that.  I'll get the character finished today.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2010, 07:54:23 PM »
"Greed" the Body-Shifter, Thug-Gumshoe, done.
:D

Now you just need
  • A Razorclaw shifter Warshaper with Mountain Hammer
  • A changeling
  • A ghoul
  • A duelist
  • A totemist
  • A Shadow Gibbering mouther

Villains for this game must include a duo of a warforged and a renegade mastermaker.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:59:42 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

blackfire

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
any character class you need or is it all pretty balanced atm? i' m thinking of playing an Artificer or wizard.
the die is cast!

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »
can do, though it means i will have to split current players into two groups but i can deal with that.
Group A (likes the cities) vs. Group B (Hates the cities)
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2010, 10:12:39 PM »
That's how i generally run multiple groups, players come up with much better ways to chalange each other than i possibly could.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2010, 10:17:41 PM »
Oooo!  :smirk I call hating the city!  :plotting
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Awkward Map

• Email
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2010, 10:20:47 PM »
Group A (likes the cities) vs. Group B (Hates the cities)

That sounds really cool.  Can you imagine working against each other and seeing the consequences play out?  The only tough part would be reasoning away ever confronting the other party, since at some point when you know that there is another group working counter to you quashing them like very other bad guy is second nature..

[Edit] Also, totally signing up for nature-loving.  I'm going with a mineral warrior totemist/crusader/incarnate to absorb and dish out damage.  Littha can I get a yay/nay on mineral warrior please?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:40:25 PM by Awkward Map »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2010, 11:52:40 PM »
I love the city!
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2010, 04:48:55 AM »
Well, I suppose Prime and I would be liking the city... probably not love, but we're there to help...

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2010, 09:33:11 AM »
go ahead with mineral warrior provided you pay the LA

City group:
Phaedrus
Flay

Wild Group:
Sohala
Awkward
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:51:23 AM by Littha »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2010, 11:07:23 AM »
...wait, did I say I was playing?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]