Author Topic: Effigy Master  (Read 8624 times)

Nameless Void

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Effigy Master
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 11:48:20 PM »
Nice. And thanks, I'll look into it

Was I correct with my reasonings above with what such a creature loses/retains? I just don't want my DM packing a wobbly at my stacking on a few templates and mis-interpreting what the creature can have.
Quote from: Solo on MW
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 11:51:20 PM »
Really you would only retain the natural attacks, natural armor, special abilities that do not rely on a con based saving throw and ability score changes granted by the templates.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 02:51:01 AM »
his speed (including climb speed), AC (does the NA stack or be replaced by the Half-Golems?), full attack, rend, wound, his ability scores (modified as they are for Half-Golem and Effigy).

Lose the feats Alertness and Toughness as they are not combat related, lose Low-light vision and scent. The special qualities berserk, DR 10/silver, haste, immunity to piercing and slashing weapons, magic immunity.

This seems correct. And whether the NAs stack depend on the half-golem template, but the effigy NA stacks on top of whatever the NA of the half-golem ape.