Author Topic: Help with Spellforge spell sheet please  (Read 3037 times)

S_Jerusalem

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Help with Spellforge spell sheet please
« on: May 13, 2010, 07:25:21 AM »
Hey all. I am currently playing a lvl14 druid, and would like to ease the paging through of spells. Currently, I have some of the complicated ones managed as pdf-bookmarks in Preview (I have a Mac), but since I can't organize the bookmarks into sub-folders, I have been looking for a better option.

I have tried playing around with the Spellforge xls sheet, but just can't seem to figure it out, and I have had absolutely no luck in finding a tutorial/guide for it. If anyone has experience with it, I would greatly appreciate any sort of step by step breakdown you could provide.

Thanks!

Navigator

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Help with Spellforge spell sheet please
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 02:33:06 PM »
First, make sure you have all the correct class levels (or equivalent, at least) and fill in all the bonus spell caster levels in the "Prestige Classes" tab. This tab will only appear if you have a prestige class. If you do not have a prestige class, don't worry about it.

Second, make sure you have your relevant ability score correct in the "Race & Stats" tab.

Last, go to the "Spell Sheet" tab, and select your spell casting class in the combo box in the upper left corner. After doing this, you should get an hourglass for somewhere around a minute. If you go back and change anything, hit the "Re-Run" button located under the spells/day and save DC table.

I found this tool really confusing as well, but it's extremely useful once you get the hang of it.

S_Jerusalem

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Help with Spellforge spell sheet please
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 05:53:35 AM »
Yeah, it can be a little time-consuming setting each sheet up, but it is definitely worthwhile if maintaining a character for any period of time.

I think I've got it pretty well figured now.