Author Topic: How's the Synchronicity Shuffle work?  (Read 7177 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: How's the Synchronicity Shuffle work?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 12:26:26 AM »
As a DM, how would you feel about this PP recharge method?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 12:33:05 AM »
As a DM, how would you feel about this PP recharge method?

If you want to spend round after round post-combat slowly regaining PP, be my guest. DMs can always introduce ambushes or scenarios where time is of the essence if recharge shenanigans get out of hand.

rubberduck

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • my stuff
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »
considering warlocks binders incarnum or martial adepts i would roll with it...
it really seems that the disigners of dnd intended it that way that slowly everything moves towards "at will"

i kinda feel that this happend in 4e
maybe thats just me
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:24:42 PM by rubberduck »
best online-comics i know: http://lfgcomic.com/ http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Looking for players? http://spielerzentrale.de/

me fail english? that's unpossible!
fear my new god! DARTH GOKUVERINE
poor literacy is kewl

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 06:34:10 PM »
To quote a good movie...

"I prefer the weapon that you have to fire once."

Wizards, Clerics, and Druids have these weapons.  Warlocks, Binders, Incarnum, and Martial Adepts don't.  That is why one is (relatively)balanced being limited and the others are perfectly balanced not being limited.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:28:41 PM by snakeman830 »
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
According to Google, the Iron Man quote is "have to fire once."
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 08:28:14 PM »
All right.  Same deal, though.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Phoenix00

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 08:38:02 PM »
An easy infinite (well, PP limited one, though you might be able to get a recharge setup with link and dominant ideal in there) is sharing it with your psicrystal. You use your prepared action to cast synchronicity, it is metamorphized into a nasty form and attacks something. Repeat ad nauseam for one free attack/powerpoint (possibly a little worse, if you need to augment it to get different actions for you and your psicrystal).

Correct, now an easier version of this is as follows

You manifest Synchronicity with 3 pp. When you manifest Synchronicity at 1 pp you can pick any standard action and both you and your psicrystal can do the same action, since you share your power with your psicrystal and at 1 pp you pick the action when you manifest the power. Now when you spend 3 pp instead of 1 (augmenting it via 2) you don't have to choose the standard action you are going to perform until you actually do it, give you (and thus your psicrystal freedom).

So this is what happens
Cause 1) Manifest Synchronicity at 3 pp
Effect 2a) Synchronicity gives you a readied standard action which you can use immediately. You use your standard action to manifest another Synchronicity go to Cause 1) again
Effect 2b) Synchronicity gives your psicrystal a readied standard action at the same time. The psicrystal uses his standard action to do whatever with.  Lets assume you prebuff your psicrystal with energy conversion, allowing your psicrystal to shooti ray (which must make a ranged touch attack) if the ray hits it does damage equal to 3*Your Manifester Level.

Thus while you still can cast 3pp a round you give your psicrystal freedom to do whatever it wants that only takes a standard action to do.  Give your psicrystal some unlimited ability like energy conversion (or the ability to teleport as a standard action, and thus move and attack) and you will give your psicrystal a lot of extra turns.

-------------------------

The more powerful version of the shuffle is when you throw dominant ideal in the mix and thus starting round 2 (or the same "effective round" with temporal acceleration) you get those extra standard actions allowing you to kill the enemy with way too many turns.  See here for more info.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7385.0

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 08:06:46 PM »
Already answered, but my dirty handbook fixes is a good place to check. Its in there, though I lack the penchant for psionics action abuse.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r