Author Topic: A Choker's Quickness Meets Metamorphic Transfer  (Read 2592 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
A Choker's Quickness Meets Metamorphic Transfer
« on: May 08, 2010, 06:43:34 AM »
A Choker gets an extra standard action each round via Quickness (Su).  This is a continuous effect.

Metamophric Transfer states I can use one of a creature's Su abilities 3/day.

For how many rounds per day may I have Quickness active via Metamorphic Transfer?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
Re: A Choker's Quickness Meets Metamorphic Transfer
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 08:23:20 AM »
I'd go with 3 rounds/day, since the ability is to take an extra standard action, which happens just once per round.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »
Well it appears to be a contentious supernatural ability, like fast healing, so you would get the ability for the entire transformation as you never have to activate the ability so the use limit thing never comes up. Although CantripN's interpretation is the more balanced one.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 05:10:46 PM »
listen to the black mage (yes i know there are several, but none of you are unreasonable so far)
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »
So 3/day you'll be in your escalade, rollin forties...

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 08:10:02 PM »
Well it appears to be a contentious supernatural ability, like fast healing, so you would get the ability for the entire transformation as you never have to activate the ability so the use limit thing never comes up. Although CantripN's interpretation is the more balanced one.

i agree with this .... but it ends up being determined by the DM

:D

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 08:10:52 AM »
Just get Assume Supernatural Ability instead ;) (that is, if you can get Savage Species approved :P)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 02:53:53 AM »
I considered Assume Supernatural Ability but prefer the versatility of Metamorphic Transfer.  Breathing energy damage as a dragon is cool.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"