Author Topic: The Ego Thread  (Read 24477 times)

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
Re: The Ego Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »
I ran a game that awesome Prime32 was meant to run but didn't.

*snatches Prime32's crown of awesome*
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 12:03:07 PM »
Forcing yourself to think positively is worse for your mental health than thinking negatively

Alt. text:  I told you fucks I didn't have to change my attitude, now suck it!
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 12:04:14 PM »
Holy shit, you're back?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 12:03:48 PM »
Only back to call everyone fucks and to tell everyone to suck it :p.  I don't like the podcast and don't like Meg, so there's not really a reason for me to be here for long.  I just wanted to be juvenile and tell everyone I told you so.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 01:23:02 PM »
Fair enough.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 03:15:11 PM »
Only back to call everyone fucks and to tell everyone to suck it :p.  I don't like the podcast and don't like Meg, so there's not really a reason for me to be here for long.  I just wanted to be juvenile and tell everyone I told you so.
I don't listen to the podcast and Meg isn't exactly the most active poster around. There's room for you too. Just saying.

Handy Links

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 03:29:26 PM »
Only back to call everyone fucks and to tell everyone to suck it :p.  I don't like the podcast and don't like Meg, so there's not really a reason for me to be here for long.  I just wanted to be juvenile and tell everyone I told you so.

I haven't even listened to the podcast. I've never been a fan of audio that isn't music.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 03:55:45 PM »
I've listened to a few out of courtesy, but the format is just too long for me, especially since there's nothing to look at and I can't focus on other stuff while someone's talking. (yeah, I don't listen to other podcasts... ever)
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2010, 05:25:29 PM »
My concentration is very similar to my tolerance for retards, it does not exist.

Handy Links

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »
My theoretical build caused a person I've never met to ban both the Celerity line of spells and Divine Metamagic in his games. :)
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2010, 10:04:03 PM »
My submission for a character's back story for a campaign managed to creep and frighten several members of another gaming forum.

Here it is (pardon the bad English. It was written a long time ago)
[spoiler]Alice

Tom's grin splits his face into two as he moves away from the dead body of a young child before him, tortured and ravaged, tricked into following the stranger with candy and toys into a place where there are lots more toys and other children to play with. The wide open look of anguish and terror on the corpse could not even reveal a tenth of what the mind and body felt when Tom performed his dark deed.

The area grows chilly as Tom arranges his clothes, his mind savoring the vile deed with a faint tinge of regret that it ended so quickly, and the child not giving enough pleasure to satisfy his dark desires. But no matter, it is over. Picking up the basket of sweets, Tom leaves the place with a merry whistle, his eyes darting around looking for prey. Street rats are the easiest to hoodwink, and nobody ever misses them when they disappear.

Faint sounds of revelry waft into his sharp ears as he turns around, trying to find the source of such entertainment. Such sounds did not exist for weeks in this area, the travelling circus having moved on weeks ago. Following this sound, Tom follows, barely aware that the area grows slightly more chilly.

As Tom turns around the alley, the already faint sound of revelry fades away from the area as well as the memory of the vile man. What he spots at the dead end of the alley is beyond his imagination. A very pretty and lively girl in a snow white dress and a pristine white teddy bear is playing at the alley, all alone. No spot of dirt on the clothes or on her smooth cheeks to suggest that she is one of the street rats, and her golden blonde hair shimmers softly in the pale moonlight.

Throbbing with excitement, Tom smiles gently as he offers candy to the little girl when she turned and looked at him, giving a radiant smile that shows off her bright eyes. Watching hungrily as the girl daintily consumes the candy, she demurely follows the man back to his place, with promise of more sweet meats as bait.

Closing and locking the door behind him, Tom readies a rope and places it behind his back as he moves towards the little girl, looking at him innocently as she consumes the candy. "Play with me" Tom said as he moves slowly towards her. For such a fine little girl, he will want to enjoy this as much as he can.

"Play with me..." was what the little girl replied, as the room descended into darkness following by a blood curdling scream as the sounds of carnival revelry emerge again.

Alice, a young girl of barely 10, would have been a lively young and attractive woman if she had not been died such a tragic death.

A petite and lively girl with bright blue eyes and soft golden blonde hair, she is the very image of angelic beauty. The pride of their parents' life and the joy of the community, her presence uplifts people around her.

During the trip to the circus, Alice was led by her curiosity to wander about the circus grounds and the nearby carnival, entranced by the bright lights and sounds, she had one of the best times of her life.

A middle aged man dressed as a clown offered young Alice sweets and beckoned her to follow him. Lured by childish greed, Alice disappeared from the grounds the moment she follwed the man.

Kidnapped and brought into a remote layer of the Abyss, the middle aged man, a vile and perverted necromancer, on a hunt for innocent children for his vile experiments and necromatic projects, subjected the young Alice through a horrible series of torture, defilement and rape. When the young girl finally gave in to her injuries, it seemed as though Death is ready to take her away from her torment, the man forced the girl's soul to remain in her dead body, allowing her to retain awareness as he resumes his dark perversions on her corpse.

Rage and frustration welled within the soul of this young girl, desperate to escape her still terrible fate, her mind shattering at the horrors visited upon her. The perverted necromancer was also a necrophilliac, and subjects Alice's body and soul to violations unspeakble to hear and enough to wrench the heart of celestials. And still the torment wages on.

As years pass by, and after watching countless other children suffer the same fate as her, she began to habour wishes that the man would finally ignore her and discard her like some used toy. But he didn't, and continued to shatter that desperate wish by violating Alice without fail regularly, the fragile mind that belonged to that young innocent child finally began to crack as the terrible rage collects itself deep within her soul.

One day, the empowered and vengeful Alice suddenly broke out of her rotting prison by sheer will, and launched a terrible vengeance against the man that caused murder and violated her. The terrible battle of vengeful will versus fell magic led to Alice subdued and imprisoned again, and the whole cycle of violation repeats itself.

What the necromancer never expected however, was that his resumed acts on Alice made her ever stronger, and one fateful day, Alice broke out again, and this time, Alice gave the necromancer what she had endured all the years before killing him. Yet the tragedy remains so, for her crazed vengeance did not register into her memory that the death of her tormentor occured, and neither did the soul of that vile necromancer appear in the carnival that mimicks the one Alice was last seen as she slowly claimed that place as her eternal domain. Perhaps the necromancer has escaped eternal captivity, or did not get his just deserts after all...

As time passes, rumors of a huge circus and carnival appearing on a remote layer of the Abyss begins to spread, and the rumors mention a young girl playing in the midst of the ghostly place with abandon and glee...searching too, for the man that would settle her soul when he pays for his crime.

Till then...to exist, to grow up and to play preoccupies her shattered mind...[/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
I can outrun my ten-years-younger-than-me cousin. With an injured ankle.

I have also been known to take a steel beam to the back uninjured. BEFORE I started working out.

My stare has been known to drive away muggers.

I have created a character on SRWITP that is basically Gendou Ikari as an EVA pilot, who pops antipsychotics like candy. (Haven't had a chance to start playing him yet, though.)

I still defer to Prime as being capable of inducing death by awesome, though.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 06:44:27 PM »
I still defer to Prime as being capable of inducing death by awesome, though.
:flirt

Anything you're referring to in particular? I generally prefer death by Mind Screw.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:47:06 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 06:57:17 PM »
Well, mostly the fact that your drawing is more consistent than mine. I can never seem to draw a pair of anything that's exactly alike.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »
I have to say taking a steel bar with an IHS is more impressive.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2010, 08:15:04 PM »
I wish I had the presence of mind to have asked for someone to take a picture of it, so I could actually showcase it.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
Only back to call everyone fucks and to tell everyone to suck it :p.  I don't like the podcast and don't like Meg, so there's not really a reason for me to be here for long.  I just wanted to be juvenile and tell everyone I told you so.
I don't listen to the podcast and Meg isn't exactly the most active poster around. There's room for you too. Just saying.

There's also the fact that Shadowviper has promised me that he's going to continue spreading the lie that I had closed the Mature forums on WotC any time I say something he disagrees with "to show everyone how pathetic you are".  I don't know why spreading lies about someone about something that happened 5 years ago makes me the pathetic one and not him, but I've given up arguing with the delusional these days.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »

There's also the fact that Shadowviper has promised me that he's going to continue spreading the lie that I had closed the Mature forums on WotC any time I say something he disagrees with "to show everyone how pathetic you are".  I don't know why spreading lies about someone about something that happened 5 years ago makes me the pathetic one and not him, but I've given up arguing with the delusional these days.

Not to mention the whole bunch of people that kept pestering you about how negative you are and shit?  :D

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 11:38:56 AM »
I believe I'm becoming something of an expert at patching up broken hearts, despite being often told I'm emotionally immature.

I have also created a badass creed for myself.

My naked soul burns under the moonlight.
Whiter than wings of freedom,
Hotter than the crest of blood.
Before my blaze, all becomes void.
For the sake of becoming god!

(Waga na ha Kuroimaken! Oshitemairu!  :P)

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 05:05:15 PM »
Managed to break the site template! This is the pretty face you previously knew as Ruam...
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?