Author Topic: My first Fighter, advice, thoughts?  (Read 1702 times)

DeltaFork

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
My first Fighter, advice, thoughts?
« on: June 21, 2008, 03:09:08 AM »
So I tried a ranger, and was told by the other boards that it is unplayable...Different campaign now and I decided to go with a fighter.  I decided on these boards becuase A) the other ones seem to be borked right now, and B) the others seem both rude and incompetent.  I figured since its a 4e character I should post here...If I should be in the min/max board I sorry.  Anyways donw to business.

Game = 4e
Level = 1st
Character concept = the best way to sum it up is a dragon born Kingon like warroir.  I want an uncoth honourable guy who is stubborn, very dedicated, and likes to kick some arse  I figured Dragon born fighter with a BFS (actually an ax, but whos counting.) would be a good fit.
Stat Methood = We use the standard array as outlined in the PHB PG 16, or 17.  The DM allows us to shift two points however we see fit.  I was think of going ,  Str 20 (16+2 stat allocation + 2 dragon born) Con 14, Dex 12(1- stat allocation), Int 10, Wis 10 (-1 stat allocation), Cha 14 (+2 dragon born) (Finals: str 20, con 14, dex 12, Int 10, wis 10, Cha 14)
Feat = Enlarged Dragon Breath
Powers: At will: Cleave and reaping strike Encounter: Steel serpant strike, and Daily: Brute strike
Equip: Best armour I can buy and wear, scale I think, and a great ax, + that standard pack thingy.

Thoughts?  Does it suck?  What would you recomend?

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: My first Fighter, advice, thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 03:32:31 AM »
There's a separate 4E Optimization forum - I suggest you try there.

ShaggyShaggs

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • He's just this guy, you know?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 03:33:40 AM »
While I've not had enough reading time to grok 4E like I'd like to, and thus have no business commenting on the build stub itself, I will point out that we do have a Min/Max board specifically for characters in 4E.  You might have better luck there.

We also have a frequently-derailed introduction thread for new members.  Welcome to the BG forums.  Enjoy your stay, don't be a douchebag, play like you have to, don't let PI ninja you like he just did to me. ;)
"Your STFU N00b roll fails!"
"Crap. Can I make a saving LOL?"

"I think either we have unlimited rights, or we have no rights at all. Personally, I lean toward unlimited rights. I feel, for instance, I have the right to do anything I please; but, if I do something you don't like, I think you have the right to kill me. So where you gonna find a fairer fucking deal than that?" - George Carlin

DeltaFork

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 04:46:53 AM »
Sorry...Is there a way i can delete this post?  perhaps a helpful moderating mod could do it for me?

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 12:50:34 AM »
Click
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009