Author Topic: Max HP, how high can you really get it  (Read 5300 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Max HP, how high can you really get it
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 09:17:28 PM »
dragonborn mongrelfolk/stoneblessed (dwarf)/dwarf paragon?
arctic subrace, replace mongrelfolk with lesser ooze paragenasi
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 09:25:49 PM »
Tangentially, there's also ridiculous healing. 

Therapeutic mantle increases the benefit of any healing effect you receive by twice the invested essentia.  You can get 6 essentia invested into it by 20th level without too much difficulty, for +12 HP to each healing effect.  Martial spirit causes you to heal 2 HP every time you damage an opponent.  Vampiric blade causes you to heal half your weapon's base damage every time you damage an opponent.  Wrathful healing causes you to heal half your weapon's damage every time you damage an opponent. 

With all those abilities active, you're healing 36 HP per hit just from the therapeutic mantle increases, plus whatever you wind up getting from the base healing abilities.  If you make 8 attacks per round, using two-weapon fighting and a speed weapon, that's potentially 288 HP healed per round, again just from the therapeutic mantle increases. 

Yeah, incarnate crusader multiclass characters can be insanely hard to kill. Also it works very well from a flavor standpoint. And you can combine in vitality belt for even more HP along with some defensive soulmelds.

Tonymitsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 01:28:11 AM »
And you can combine in vitality belt for even more HP along with some defensive soulmelds.

See here's the thing that always stumped me...

I know I'm pretty slow but I never really saw the point of Vitality Belt if you're just dipping an incarnum class.

Assuming I read it right, for each point of essentia invested you gain extra HP equal to your meldshaper level... which for most builds is 2 or 4...
So for 4 essentia invested at level 18, I can get a whopping 8 or 16 extra HP?
Um...yay?
For full meldshaper builds sure that's an awesome soulmeld, but what's the point for a build that dips?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 01:40:25 AM »

For full meldshaper builds sure that's an awesome soulmeld, but what's the point for a build that dips?

You get it via shape soulmeld to get a meldshaper level of 1/2 your character level, it is still effectively a extra point of con for each point of essentia put into it. If you do not use that method it is not as worth it.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »
Gestalt Crusader/Incarnate is a rediculous tank, though.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 05:09:12 PM »
the incarnum hints are the best. I've got a BBEG floating around somewhere that has several, several thousand HP without any other 'casting.' I'm pretty sure its the non-caster record holder. I could add the usual tricks for perhaps a thousand more.

it involves doing nothing but gaining HP. So its hillarious on NPCs
Link?
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:12 PM »
Gestalt Crusader/Incarnate is a rediculous tank, though.
True, also it has a fair bit of flexibility and is a decent skill monkey when it wants to be. The best bit is being able to take what would be several hundred points of damage without flinching.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 07:12:57 PM »
the incarnum hints are the best. I've got a BBEG floating around somewhere that has several, several thousand HP without any other 'casting.' I'm pretty sure its the non-caster record holder. I could add the usual tricks for perhaps a thousand more.

Link?

Necrocarnate+Heart of Incarnum abuse. Boil an anthill, consume souls. You now have thousands of HP to spare because each ant is worth 1 Essentia by RAW.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »

Link?
The number is +100,800hp on top of the usual methods. I didn't put it in my build compendium, though I did just now for you. The build was meant to go there and roll with the CoDzilla build in the 'evil mirror party' that DMs love to do sometimes. My players loved the idea. Consider it like this because the anti-party would be stated up for the level of the PCs whenever they got off-topic in the campaign. The only difference is losing just meant much NPC mocking and not actual PC death.

I've got the skeleton still in a text file, though the trolling in my build compendium stopped me from getting it in there. I'll bump it if you care to help me clear the trolls  :plotting

edit:
Necrocarnate+Heart of Incarnum abuse. Boil an anthill, consume souls. You now have thousands of HP to spare because each ant is worth 1 Essentia by RAW.
sinfire you ninja. And after I did all that work typing it out for him. :( For the record I wasn't aware you knew of this combo, nor have I seen anyone post what I built.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:51:31 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »
I liked a Summon Swarm to be in there, just because you might be some place with No bugs, like the Plane Of Fire, or the Plane Of Vacuum.
minor detail, not important.

Psi recharge is always nice.
PsyWar 3 with the Moi set-up and a Cog Crystal to keep it all kosher, can heal up the party and put 10+ temp hp on himself every combat. It goes up.
Wilder 4 with the expansive version of Bestow Power, can do the same but with 30+ temp hp.

Technically, you could say this way gets All hit points covered, and then some. But it doesn't get much extra, relative to the stuff above this post.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 01:56:15 PM »
Just don't forget the bard cohort. +2 hit dice.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »
With warp touch disease, you can get an unnamed +2 to con. This can apparently stack with itself, and apparently you could roll the roll twice option a lot of times and then roll +2 con alot of times. Suffice to say this will put you at unlimited con.
But that's stupid, just throwing it in here before anyone thinks they can use it.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out